• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gasol pulls a Kobe

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how young you are or when you start watching sports, but leaders expressing their frustrations with the team is not throwing them under the bus.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first, I thought people said kobe throw his teammates under the bus when he does this, just hated kobe, but now I see they just dont understand what some leaders do when things are goin wrong.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first, I thought people said kobe throw his teammates under the bus when he does this, just hated kobe, but now I see they just dont understand what some leaders do when things are goin wrong.

He's about 25 games too late. :laugh3:
They hardly started sucking yesterday.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how young you are or when you start watching sports, but leaders expressing their frustrations with the team is not throwing them under the bus.

Gasol spoke the truth - regardless of how it was perceived. The Los Angeles Times did not make him sound generous to the coach, and Gasol stated that there was to much players trying to do it on their own instead of being disciplined and playing as a team. Gasol was right - if the Lakers are to ever be blessed with D'antoni's departure - then there has to be enough of the players throwing the head coach under the bus and let's face it - D'antoni is not a good coach

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you really can't go by the self proclaimed Miami Heat fans say though - they're knuckleheads

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you really can't go by the self proclaimed Miami Heat fans say though - they're knuckleheads

Forget whether it was right or wrong.
My question to any of you is why now?
It wasn't like this team was playing any differently last week, last month, or at any point this season.

When your coach doesn't care about defense and has been known to run offenses hoping for quick shots you get what you are seeing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly I am pissed that I wasn't in the driver's seat of the bus with the key in the ignition switc when Gasol threw him under the bus. Then D'antoni would not be the head coach any longer

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol is welcome to leave after the season. Hill hustles hard enough for 2 Gasols.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't like this team was playing any differently last week, last month, or at any point this season.

When your coach doesn't care about defense and has been known to run offenses hoping for quick shots you get what you are seeing.

They asked him a simple question and Gasol answered the questions appropiately with "We" as in the entire team was not playing team basketball and there were to many undisciplined players going out on theire own - it was an honest question to which D'antoni over-reacted like a bitch in heat

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantoni is turning the Lakers into a dumpster fire. Hiring him may turn out to be the worst move the Lakers have ever made in my memory.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantoni is turning the Lakers into a dumpster fire. Hiring him may turn out to be the worst move the Lakers have ever made in my memory.

Look, I always hated Mike D and was mad when the Lakers hired him, but lets not get carried away. Injuries are the main reason why the Lakers are so bad. Lets not act like Mike D failed with talent.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I always hated Mike D and was mad when the Lakers hired him, but lets not get carried away. Injuries are the main reason why the Lakers are so bad. Lets not act like Mike D failed with talent.

Well said I hate Dumbtoni, but unfortunately I have to give him a pass for now even though I still want him gone. Imjuries have just killed us & their's not much Dumbtoni can do about that, when even in a game you only have 4 players available like when they where in Cleveland.

majoyenrac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As mentioned above he's not

But don't you think he has real reason to do so after taking all the crap from them the last few yrs. I mean without pau they don't win 2 titles.

He's a 17-10 guy decent defender solid passer, etc

His numbers would be higher but his minutes are low

The LAL problems aren't really in the post (they could add a defense first post guy) but their big problems have been pg, sf and injuries....

Gasol does make too much cash but he's still a solid player and takes too much crap for the state of the team. Other teams would love him but at 19m it's hard to trade for his expiring deal given the size of his salary when it's likely the lakers wouldn't want bad salary on longer deals back...

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last few years the lakers have gotten comfortable with using the press to air misalignments between owners coaches and players

Nothing new out there. Magic has to be thinking, when can I buy this team from the buss family and get that culture removed

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is perfect! Love it!

This is a tank season through and through. The more we suck for the rest of the year the deeper we get into the lottery - which is our only real draft pick till 2016. With Gasol waiting until now, we can continue to suck, get more ping pong balls, and the noise will just get louder and louder until the end of the season - when shortbuss is forced to fire dumbtoni.

Gasol is only saying what many players are saying: Go ahead and get your lottery pick. Then if you want to keep us with that lottery pick, fire wittle mikey at seasons end.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, you're wrong. He spoke up now because he is a professional and he wants the team to finish the season like professionals. That means playing team basketball. While they obviously hadn't been winning, they were at least playing team ball or trying to. Over the last couple of games, players were playing for themselves and their own numbers.

That's what Gasol was addressing.