• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gameday: Baylor

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose, today we see the heart of this team. On another note, I'm seeing rumors that they are burning David Sills' redshirt to play receiver.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good start, 4 plays 56 seconds to score.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O is actually starting out good!

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess the rumors were right. Sills just got a reception

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killing ourselves with the dumb penalties and undisciplined plays. That said doing a better job of protecting the ball so far.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killing ourselves with the dumb penalties and undisciplined plays. That said doing a better job of protecting the ball so far.
I think you summed it up perfectly. When do we finally clean it up? :gaah:

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
untitled1.png

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DH asked Sills if he wanted to play WR. Apparently he's the best WR on the team...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a change a few weeks make, we were talking of turning the corner, now we wonder if we will make a bowl game. Most people I know are thinking WVU will have to get busy to win 6 games, our hopes for a bowl rest on a home game with TT, I see wins against KU and IAST (not gimmes as Holgorsen showed previously.....) losses to Texas, TCU, and KSU, much rides on that TT game!!!!! The offense is in complete shambles, the entire team plays with no discipline at all, hell, we may not win another game. Fourth and 6 at midfield is BS, pissing away scoring opportunities with penalties, ST gaffes, no QB to run the offense as drawn out, the lopsided losses in winnable games are getting old.....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...did WVU's defense show how much they missed Scrap today? Without his input, the defense was scorched.

So much for Gibby's claim the defense would be top 5 this year. I guess it will be on him after all.

In the mean time Scrap has his hands full at UCLA. He will be lucky to have a job next year. Maybe Gibby can rehire him at WVU.

Hard to believe the offense can score 31 points and have nearly 500 yards, and lose by such a huge deficit.

Sucks playing all these good teams all the time...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Baylor will make every defense they face this year look like fools.

Note the big differences from last year. First shaq riddick had a career game last year. He was playing
against a backup lineman and dominated. Second, their qb could really run. His running hurt us just as bad as his arm. We had no answer.

That offense is scary good.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is we were supposed to lose and did. WOW that looks like a good team.

It was a possibility when we went through this stretch that we would be 0-4. It is not the end of the world, we may be 3-4 or 4-3 next week, but we still have enough time left to have a good year.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Baylor will make every defense they face this year look like fools.

Note the big differences from last year. First shaq riddick had a career game last year. He was playing
against a backup lineman and dominated. Second, their qb could really run. His running hurt us just as bad as his arm. We had no answer.

That offense is scary good.
Yes they have a great offense that will run over most defenses, but they don't exactly play great defense, and their less than SEC quality defense made our offense look like chumps for the third week in a row. The offense concerns me more than the defense right now, the turnovers are wearing our defense down, the red zone play calling has been VERY predictable, STs still making huge mistakes, and the penalties are killing momentum at every turn.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is we were supposed to lose and did. WOW that looks like a good team.

It was a possibility when we went through this stretch that we would be 0-4. It is not the end of the world, we may be 3-4 or 4-3 next week, but we still have enough time left to have a good year.
I hope you are right, but I figure we will only be favored in two remaining games, I think 4-8 for the year is a real possibility, and 6-6 is about the best we can expect at this point.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These next 2 games will be the season imo. If we can somehow upset TCU (the series has been great and road team has won every game) that could springboard into us winning out. If its another 20+ point beatdown then Dana will be in serious danger of losing this team down the stretch imo and it may be all she wrote for him in Morgantown.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These next 2 games will be the season imo. If we can somehow upset TCU (the series has been great and road team has won every game) that could springboard into us winning out. If its another 20+ point beatdown then Dana will be in serious danger of losing this team down the stretch imo and it may be all she wrote for him in Morgantown.
I wonder if he has already lost the team, with players calling the coach by his first name, he obviously doesn't demand the kids respect. The offense is a ghost of what it was three years ago, the sts are still a joke, the defense is much improved, but is put in such bad spots by the offense turning the ball over or going for it on 4th and 6 at midfield, that they get worn down. I think the writing is on the wall. We heard that there were no players left from our previous head coach by some on here, but the best this coach has done was with those players, who had discipline they learned previously.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dana loses this team, then he really needs to be fired. It would be inexcusable. He has never lost a previous WVU team. This team has shown the fight in them coming back in both the OU and Okie St games. They were fighting hard with the #2 team in all the land...

WVU is facing the most difficult October schedule in all of football. They have an SOS ranked #14 by Sagarin. They replaced their QB and 2 outside WR's... have a RS Fr playing LT.

WVU committed but 6 penalties on Saturday. Were they more disciplined? Or did they have a different crew of officials who weren't as flag happy?

The record of the teams that have beaten them are a combined...17-1. The three teams are ranked inside the Coaches top 15... the AP top 17.

TO's are the difference in the outcome of the losses to OU and Okie St. BU is a better team. Why is that a hard pill for some to swallow?

Last edited:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see any of the game...got caught on it with BBW Saturday night..saw some snippets with my brother who is down on Howard more than I am and we starting talking about him missing open receivers...and then it donned on me whats wrong with the kid...he can't think two steps ahead..he may be able to read a defense (Maybe) , but he can't think quickly enough to know what the option route is when he identify's what the defense is playing..Dana may want to slow the tempo bit and let the kid think through it for a few seconds on the pre snap before running the play......just sayin'

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard played better against BU than he had against either OU or Okie St.

IMO, Howard is not getting time to go through his progressions to find the open receiver. He has faced 3 teams with excellent DL's. The line only gave up 1 sack last week, which was an improvement.

But, it is hard to expect a kid to come out and look polished his first go around. Clint mentioned what a difference he felt in year 2 as the starting QB get the majority of the reps. Geno was a different animal in year 2 of playing in the offense.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard played better against BU than he had against either OU or Okie St.

IMO, Howard is not getting time to go through his progressions to find the open receiver. He has faced 3 teams with excellent DL's. The line only gave up 1 sack last week, which was an improvement.

But, it is hard to expect a kid to come out and look polished his first go around. Clint mentioned what a difference he felt in year 2 as the starting QB get the majority of the reps. Geno was a different animal in year 2 of playing in the offense.[/QUOTE

When your reading your progressions..you have to know what the receiver routes are first don't you?..