• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Thread- Week 3. San Francisco Forty 9ers @ Denver Broncos

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so now this is the biggest drive for the Defense. Shame the Offense couldn’t put it away but I didn’t really expect that to happen given their play tonight. Pretty sure they’ve had 8 3 and outs in this game.
Still, it feels like there was incremental improvement. Good test against a stout D. Nice to get the W. Sitting on top of the AFCW. I’ll take it.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense: A+ Turnovers, pressure, stout
Special Teams: B+ Not a liability for the Broncos
Offense: C- Need to figure out how to get 1st downs and score regulary
Coaching: B- Much improved but play calling is still suspect

Happy for the win! Worried about how much work the offense needs to do to be good.

Go Broncos!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have a Super Bowl defense. Josey Jewell had a great game as did Gregory and Chubb. Special team play was as good as I have ever seen it.

I thought the play calling for the Broncos was uninspired (every 1st down a run up the middle - every 2nd down a swing pass on the wing).

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Jones and I forgot about Browning. Did he return?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does denver go 3 and out 9 of 13 times and still win TOP by 10 minutes

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredibly lucky to win this game. However, as inept as the offense was, the defense and special teams responded. It's a team game and we won. Period. Now.....get to work offense.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is good and also perhaps a bit lucky. A bit lucky that JG didn’t spy DSamuel running loose in our secondary on more than one occasion. We had some coverage issues at times, it seems.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jewel is a liability in coverage. Kareem is just a plain old liability everywhere.

Our defense is really good when they aren't making dumbass decisions.

PS2 is so good he creates liabilities for every other db in coverage.

Simmons is highly missed.

Overage teams very much improved.

No delay penalties, just Bolles doing Bolles things again.

A little irritated that Williams was all but absent on that td drive. Gordon just fumbles too damn much.

Was it me, or towards the end of the game was Flemming yelling at Hackett as he came off the field?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few other observations:

The most successful runs by Bronco backs came by running behind Dalton Risner.

The Jones boys on the Dline had a good night.

Randy Gregory is a disruptive force even if he doesn't get a sack or tip a pass.

For the first time in years Special Teams controlled field position especially in defending against returns,

PS2 is a pleasure to behold.

The offense is not smooth nor connected, but I get the feeling that it is just a matter of time.

Game management did improve with the hiring of a new coach.

Bradley Chubb is having an all-pro type season.

I was impressed with the 9ers defense.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jewel is a liability in coverage. Kareem is just a plain old liability everywhere.

Our defense is really good when they aren't making dumbass decisions.

PS2 is so good he creates liabilities for every other db in coverage.

Simmons is highly missed.

Overage teams very much improved.

No delay penalties, just Bolles doing Bolles things again.

A little irritated that Williams was all but absent on that td drive. Gordon just fumbles too damn much.

Was it me, or towards the end of the game was Flemming yelling at Hackett as he came off the field?
Jewell had one coverage failure last night - on a play more than 30 yards downfield (but made the tackle)- only 2 or 3 Lbs in the league could provide coverage that deep. Meanwhile - in the short zone Jewell had two passes defended - he is not fast, but he is quick and nimble (having one of the best 3 cone drill times of any LB in the league).

The hit Jewell put on Garoppolo was one of the strongest clean hits I've ever seen on a QB.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jewell had one coverage failure last night - on a play more than 30 yards downfield (but made the tackle)- only 2 or 3 Lbs in the league could provide coverage that deep. Meanwhile - in the short zone Jewell had two passes defended - he is not fast, but he is quick and nimble (having one of the best 3 cone drill times of any LB in the league).

The hit Jewell put on Garoppolo was one of the strongest clean hits I've ever seen on a QB.

Yeah, Jewell is a liability in coverage… if he’s covering Deebo Samuel. Jewell is not a CB and should definitely not be covering one of the best, most athletic WRs in the NFL. But he’s definitely better in coverage than he was early in his career.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Jewell is a liability in coverage… if he’s covering Deebo Samuel. Jewell is not a CB and should definitely not be covering one of the best, most athletic WRs in the NFL. But he’s definitely better in coverage than he was early in his career.
To my eyes he looked noticeably quicker last night than I have ever seen him play.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D was amazing last night. 49ers D wasn't bad either. I think part of the offensive issues had to do with playing that really really good Defense, but man they have to get it together. That said, Hackett coached an overall good game. Challenging that punt was the only decision I thought was a bit of a question, but it was such a big moment it made some sense.

Hopefully he feels more confident now and can start dialing in the offense. Off to Vegas where I will be in attendance heckling the 0-3 Faiders. Don't let me down boys.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is one of those games where people will start appreciating Josey Jewell more then ever.
(Not this forum I feel we all do) but random fans who I see are upset that we re-signed Jewell and not a bad LB like Kenny Young.

Chubb and Gregory played well. We got pressure. Kareem Jackson after a rough start to the season played pretty well last night minus maybe 1 play. Happy to see him bounce back. PJ Locke and Jonas Griffith made huge plays. Kareem created the INT and recovered the fumble.

Need more out of our receiving weapons outside of Courtland who is giving us a lot. Kendall Hinton seems to make one big catch a game. KJ Hamler doesn't look like he is ready to make an impact yet. Sorta fearing he may be a year away from being himself still.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is one of those games where people will start appreciating Josey Jewell more then ever.
(Not this forum I feel we all do) but random fans who I see are upset that we re-signed Jewell and not a bad LB like Kenny Young.

Chubb and Gregory played well. We got pressure. Kareem Jackson after a rough start to the season played pretty well last night minus maybe 1 play. Happy to see him bounce back. PJ Locke and Jonas Griffith made huge plays. Kareem created the INT and recovered the fumble.

Need more out of our receiving weapons outside of Courtland who is giving us a lot. Kendall Hinton seems to make one big catch a game. KJ Hamler doesn't look like he is ready to make an impact yet. Sorta fearing he may be a year away from being himself still.
Defense is noticeably better with Jewell. Hard fought win. Once again the defense carried this team on their shoulders. PSII is like cellophane on his coverage. Offense needs to get their sh*t together. This division is for the taking

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the offense scores only 9 points it’s easy to get frustrated. But one thing that the offense did that significantly contributed to the win was move the ball enough to flip the field.

This unit does need to start scoring. But that aspect of the offense in a game with so many punts I think may get overlooked.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally Chubb looked great. That was nice as I have recently soured on him