• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Thread- Week 3. San Francisco Forty 9ers @ Denver Broncos

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little late but talk about the game.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope people like Jeudy, PS2, Jewel, etc sit for this game. The worst thing we can do is rush themback early so not only can they get hurt again because they’re not 100% we can lose them for the Colts game on Thursday as well if not longer.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope people like Jeudy, PS2, Jewel, etc sit for this game. The worst thing we can do is rush themback early so not only can they get hurt again because they’re not 100% we can lose them for the Colts game on Thursday as well if not longer.
I hope PS2 and Jewel play, if they are ready. I’d like a W. ;)

I think Jeudy is unlikely.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when Jimmy G plays SF is a super bowl contender

can Denver stop the run?

Russ is actually very good against SF with Seattle. can that trend continue?

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Hackett get plays called in a timely manner? Will he call 18 more pass plays to 4 run plays in the redzone? Will he manage the clock half way decently. Basically will he pull his head out of his ass? While I would love to get a W I would just like to see competent coaching from a head coach. It has been too long.

Will Denver's D continue to look great against a competent offense? Its a bright spot on this team so far, but Hawks and Texans aren't a great measuring stick.

I just have too many questions about this team right now to be excited about a game I should be really excited to watch.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather like having an inept head coach like Hackett.

He seems to hold himself accountable.
He still has the locker room.
Hes improved each week.
He's innovative.

I'm sure things will settle down eventually. And most of us (you) thought we were 9-10 wins at best. Still 15 games to go.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Bronco's have had their first two "preseason" games behind them - I think it is time for the real Broncos to show up and kick butt.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather like having an inept head coach like Hackett.

He seems to hold himself accountable.
He still has the locker room.
Hes improved each week.
He's innovative.

I'm sure things will settle down eventually. And most of us (you) thought we were 9-10 wins at best. Still 15 games to go.
I will certainly give him credit for holding himself accountable, but as I tell my kids, saying sorry only works so many times as eventually you have to correct the behavior :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will certainly give him credit for holding himself accountable, but as I tell my kids, saying sorry only works so many times as eventually you have to correct the behavior :)
This will come out in the wash . Winning is the correct behavior. Don't win get fired.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also,

Happy Florida/Tennessee rivarly weekend.

Never forget!
Tyrie Cleveland’s catch.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will come out in the wash . Winning is the correct behavior. Don't win get fired.
We both know that's typically the case. But we also know Paton and new owners aren't likely to can him this season or even next.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Mile High Sports - 10 players listed as questionable:

Wide receiver Tyrie Cleveland (hamstring) is questionable after not participating in Friday’s practice. He suffered the injury during Thursday’s practice at the UCHealth Training Center.

If Cleveland can’t go, that will put the Broncos in a bind on special teams and impacts their already thin depth at receiver.

Defensive linemen Dre’Mont Jones (neck) and Mike Purcell (elbow) are questionable for Sunday’s game leading up to kickoff.

Jones coming off of a two-sack performance against the Houston Texans in Week 2 did not participate on Friday. Purcell was a full participant during Friday’s practice.

Outside linebacker Jonathan Cooper (hamstring) is also listed as questionable after encountering an injury during Thursday’s practice and did not participate on Friday.

Wide receivers Jerry Jeudy (ribs) and KJ Hamler (knee/hip) are both considered questionable for Sunday’s game according to Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett.

Jeudy returned to practice for the first time this week on Friday and was limited while Hamler was a full participant and is expected to play barring any setbacks.

Starting inside linebacker Josey Jewell (calf) is listed as questionable against the 49ers.

Jewell has missed the first two weeks of the Broncos regular season but appears to be trending upwards.

Offensive lineman Quinn Meinerz (hamstring) and Billy Turner (knee) enter Sunday Night Football as questionable with their injuries respectively.

Meinerz was a limited participant on Thursday and Friday while Turner was a full participant on Wednesday and limited on both Thursday and Friday.

Star cornerback Patrick Surtain (shoulder) was a full participant on Friday and is considered questionable for Sunday.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers 29
Broncos 17

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00