• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones Thread for Book Readers (Spoilers)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley was one of the best actors and Stoneheart is a great character. I could totally see them doing Sansa Stoneheart.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michelle Fairley did a very good job as the villain/nasty terrorist in the current season of 24. This is what happens when Jack Bauer finally catches her.

Screw due process...you get what you deserve, bitch!

Last edited by a moderator:

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already started getting into books 4 and 5 with a lot of characters. They cut out Marillion and pretty much zipped through Sansa/Littlefinger's Book 4 storyline in just their potion of 1 episode. Meanwhile they haven't quite finished book 3 at the Wall yet. I think with what's left of books 3, 4, and 5 they come up with a decent season, with maybe a few decent additions/alterations. But in order to pull that off I think they'd have to include Lady Stoneheart, which I still strongly believe they will. I was really bored with all of Theon's uncles in Book 4 but they might mix that part up a bit and/or make it more interesting on the show. Balon Greyjoy is still alive on the show so they could change it entirely and maybe cut out 1 or more of Theon's uncles.

They almost had to. With so many new characters in Book 4, not doing so would have left a whole bunch of TV viewers scratching their heads even more than some of them already are.

I can easily see intertwining books 4 & 5 over the next two seasons. Probably the most sensible approach.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So without sooking too much about characters that appear to be missing, what are some of your thoughts on this new trailer?

Looks like Jamie goes to Dorne. I think this could be a good move as long as he still goes to Riverrun later on at some point.

Really pumped about seeing the fighting pits and the big scene with Drogon that I'm guessing will happen in the 9th episode. Really anxious to see how that will look on TV. I'm having a hard time imagining Danaerys riding a dragon on TV so I can't wait to see how they pull it off.

I'm also really pumped for Arya's visit to the House of Black and White. It would be a change from the books and a minor plot hole, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jaqen H'gar there as his old familiar face. Not sure if true or not, but I remember reading somewhere that the same actor is part of the season 5 cast.

That definitely looks like Magister Illyrio's palace in Pentos where we see Tyrion and Varys conversing. So no change so far other than Varys crossing the sea with him. I wouldn't be too quick to assume that Varys isn't talking about Aegon at about 1:23. Whether he is or isn't, I think there's some deceptive editing going on at that point in the trailer. It appears to be part of the same conversation with Tyrion with the lines that immediately follow it in the trailer, thus suggesting he's talking about Danaerys. But we only hear Varys' voice when he's talking about the type of ruler the 7 kingdoms need. We don't know for sure who he is talking to or where he is. I think they make it appear too obvious as though he is talking about Danaerys, that I'll be surprised if he truly is. If he is then they just gave away a major plot twist in the trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Lady Stoneheart, there's a theory that they are using someone else instead of Michelle Fairley.

I don't think they'll cut Aegon entirely, but I think they'll do it in a different way. I also wouldn't be surprised if this season ended with Jon Snow getting shanked.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Lady Stoneheart, there's a theory that they are using someone else instead of Michelle Fairley.

I don't think they'll cut Aegon entirely, but I think they'll do it in a different way. I also wouldn't be surprised if this season ended with Jon Snow getting shanked.

Agree with everything. I don't think Snow is dead in the books, and I don't think he'll die on the show either, at least not this season. But I agree that's probably how the season will end.

I could see a different actress playing Stoneheart. She was supposedly almost unrecognizable anyway after her corpse was thrown in the river. The opening line of this trailer is Brienne talking about failing to protect the one she loves. I assume she's talking about Renly, but why is she saying that so emotionally 3 seasons later? It would seem she is talking to someone else that also failed to protect the one they loved, or fears doing so. Possibly Lady Stoneheart who believes she failed to protect Robb and her unborn grandchild? The only other possibilities I can think of is she's talking to Littlefinger after he fools her into thinking he actually loved Lysa, or else she returns to Kings Landing and is talking to 1 of the twins, but I don't really see either of those happening.

With Littlefinger, Sansa, and Robin roaming the Vale, and with Brienne and Pod doing the same on their way to the Eyrie, they could meet up but I don't think so. I do think 1 or both groups will have a run in with Tyrions old buddies from the from the mountain clans. I'd like to see Littlefinger smooth talk his way out of trouble with those guys.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have confirmed that Jamie and Bronn both go to Dorne this season. It looks like Ellaria Sand is taking over the Arianne Martell role. I think a few months ago they leaked a picture of Tyrion sitting next to Dany in one scene which already puts the show ahead of the books, so I'm pretty sure they have cut Aegon and Connington completely out.

That leads me to believe that yes, Jon Snow gets stabbed at the end of the season. Seems like the show runners just want to get ahead of the books here, and since Martin already said that The Winds of Winter won't be out until next year at the earliest we can assume the next season of GoT will be all completely new material.

I did notice in the trailer they show a map with several House Bolton pieces on it so hopefully we see some cool shit with Stannis vs. Ramsay. Hopefully they focus most of the time on the Wall and the north in general, the Onion Knight's quest to find Rickon would be interesting. The stuff going on at King's Landing and in Mereen are really pretty dull other than when Drogon shows up at the end and BBQ's some mofos, and without Aegon and Connington Tyrion's story is probably going to be dull as well. Don't know how good the Dorne scenes are going to be though since they're going to be changing a lot of it.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything. I don't think Snow is dead in the books, and I don't think he'll die on the show either, at least not this season. But I agree that's probably how the season will end.

Given the theory that he'll avoid dying by warging into his wolf (and then being revived by Mel) I'm guessing the last shot of the season may well be of his eyes doing what Bran's do when he wargs into something.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on Is there any chance we may still see the baby swap? It seems unlikely now that "Mance" is gone for a while, and we hadn't met the wildling princess or Mance's pregnant wife yet so I don't think we will. With Arya already on her way to Braavos, I'm not sure how long they could hold off on sending the small Wall crew there as well. It would seem too rushed to introduce the necessary characters at this point before Sam and others head towards Oldtown via Braavos.

I'm not gonna crap on the show since I know they can't include everything and I still love it, but this was 1 storyline I was really looking forward to seeing. I thought it was a cool twist and and great character development for several characters. It was Jon's first tough decision as Lord Commander, which he believed to be for the greater good, but it also shows how oblivious he is of his own king's blood which is almost certainly what Melissandre is truly after.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on Is there any chance we may still see the baby swap? It seems unlikely now that "Mance" is gone for a while, and we hadn't met the wildling princess or Mance's pregnant wife yet so I don't think we will. With Arya already on her way to Braavos, I'm not sure how long they could hold off on sending the small Wall crew there as well. It would seem too rushed to introduce the necessary characters at this point before Sam and others head towards Oldtown via Braavos.

I'm not gonna crap on the show since I know they can't include everything and I still love it, but this was 1 storyline I was really looking forward to seeing. I thought it was a cool twist and and great character development for several characters. It was Jon's first tough decision as Lord Commander, which he believed to be for the greater good, but it also shows how oblivious he is of his own king's blood which is almost certainly what Melissandre is truly after.

Yeah I loved that little R+L=J tidbit they threw in there. Huge nod of the head to the bookfags, since they haven't really shown any of the previous scenes that really gave rise to that theory.