• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game by game predictions for Jacksonville

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like it was set in almost stone Jacksonville would not be able to take back the South because of Indy's resurgence. As it turns out, with Luck injured yet again, there is an opening to bounce back.

Week 1-KC. This seems like an automatic KC win on paper, but Jacksonville is a dangerous defense and they are at home. Also, they are being overlooked here as people ride how explosive KC was last year. This is a week 1 trap. I am leaning toward Jacksonville splitting with KC and LAC, and I think LAC matches up better against them. 1-0.
Week 2-@Hou. Houston swept them last year, and that trend continues where one sweeps the other and Jacksonville wants to make some noise, it may be time to repay the favor. This decision hinges on the fact that the second game is in London, where Jacksonville has a major advantage playing there so often. 2-0.
Week 3-Ten. Tennessee has swept Jacksonville the last two years, but the game in Jacksonville is on a Thursday night this time. Jacksonville has all the reason to pay back the Titans. 3-0.
Week 4-@Den. Denver is no threat at home like people think. Jacksonville used to own Denver at one point. Jacksonville's defense against Flacco and Denver's defense against Foles? It's more likely Denver will let their guard down. I cannot see this Jaguars defense losing this game. 4-0.
Week 5-@Car. Now, this is a back to back road game, which is cause for concern. However, Jacksonville has the kind of team that matches up too well against Carolina's one-dimensional offense. 5-0.
Week 6-NO. After back to back road wins, this is where I think it hurts them. They will be worn down when playing the Saints, who might be coming off a home loss to the Bucs. Saints also generally have had their number winning games by double digits in their last three meetings. 5-1.
Week 7-@Cin. I thought this could be a game the Bengals need to win but look at this record. Keep it going. 6-1.
Week 8-NYJ. They routed the Jets last year, but mostly because of the Jets offense. The Jets have improved this offseason on both sides. Something tells me Jags have road momentum and if I recall in 2017 they didn't play well in both places at the same time. 6-2.
Week 9-Hou. This is why I gave Jacksonville the edge week 2. London gives Jacksonville a major advantage. 7-2.
Week 10-Bye
Week 11-@Ind. The first game that can truly be called a toss-up. I think Indy's issues is concerning. However, I don't think Jacksonville goes 6-0 in the division. I'm going to give Indy this one. 7-3.
Week 12-@Ten. Tennessee's pretty much won every year at home here, but they will not have Jacksonville's record at this point. Also, I have to believe that signing Foles had to do with teams like this who have benefitted from Jacksonville's poor offensive showing. Jacksonville smacks Mariotta and co. back in the mouth. 8-3.
Week 13-TB. Jacksonville could face a let down here. For some reason, the Bucs have done well against defensive teams. That said, Jacksonville has owned this team outside the last meeting. Furthermore, Winston isn't shredding this team. 9-3.
Week 14-LAC. This is the game I see Jacksonville losing. Two years ago, this was a win, but it was also close. LAC just has a good enough defense to go with a balanced offense to pull this out. 9-4.
Week 15-@Oak. Remember when Jacksonville lost out west to Arizona and SF two years ago? I get that sense they won't play well here. 9-5.
Week 16-@Atl. They will also not win here. They could, but this just isn't the matchup to me. 9-6.
Week 17-Ind. Does Indy have a chance to go 10-6 or higher here? If so, this game would go to the Colts. If not, Jacksonville should have an easy win. 10-6.

So, Jacksonville after much thought will bounce back and have a chance at the division. But if they lose week 1, then I could see some games like against Cincinnati, Carolina, or Tampa Bay not going their way.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just activated my trap card