• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GAME 9 - VT @ DUKE.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate opponents like Duke because it is easy to get in trouble by overlooking them.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat off-topic but that was a big win for UVA last night. Didn't see that one coming with Miami playing well since their game with VT. If we take care of business against Duke we will have a two game lead going into the game with GT (with everyone except UVA). Not trying to get too cocky, but I just don't see us losing both the GT and UNC games (if either). We will get a much needed Saturday off to hopefully get rested up, everyone will be healthy, and hopefully have a good game plan vs. GT. The following week we get UNC at Lane, I will go on record early and say that is a W (as long as GT don't chop block and injure all of our DL). Know I am looking way too far ahead, but I think if we can beat The dookies and GT(with the way everyone else is playing inconsistent from week to week)..we could almost lock up the coastal. Back on topic....

Fortunately we get back Gayle and Hosley this week to try and stop a pass happy Duke Offense. Our secondary is playing well and if we have Hosley, Fuller, Bonner, and maybe others in nickel situations I think we can keep their pass yards down considerably. I look for a heavy dose of DW and agree with many of you that we need to run and run often, keeping the D off the field and resting. Maybe if we are lucky and build a good lead we can play some reserves in the final quarter. I think it will be close in the first quarter, but in the 2nd we break it wide open and get some big plays. I see that Duke does alot of dink and dunk so wouldn't be surprised to see one of our CBs jump a route and take it to the house.
We win easily IMO 38-13
but then again I picked Oklahoma and Oregon in the NCG...and the U last night so what do I know??

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer my own question, they have MD, Duke and FSU, so it is possible.

Tweedy is out for the Duke game which means I expect Dew to play some but we were going to be in nickel a ton regardless as Duke throws it around a lot, so we will see Fuller at "whip" and Hill and Hosley/Bonner at corner. I do hope that Tweedy is ready to go by GT because we will need his sure tackling. I also hope that we can win this game comfortably and get Dew a good amount of time in there (as well as Dinardo who has been great on ST) because we will need all hands on deck for the rest of the season as our last three opponents will try and pound it against us.

I am less concerned about Tyler and Rivers at Mike. I really like both of those guys a lot and think we will be fine there.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should probably rename this thread to be something like:
OVERLOOKED: GAME 9 - VT @ DUKE (UVA sux edition)

Which I will also help derail...
I loved how we kept them out of a bowl game in 2008.

... and out of the 2007 ACC title game. That still astounds me... they won 9 games once. And retired a players jersey WHILE HE WAS STILL WEARING IT!!! The UVA "Athletics" Department couldn't get the taste of Chris Long's balls out of their mouth for months. I've never seen a more elaborate, nor embarrassing, display of public fellatio in my life.

And I've been to New Orleans on multiple occasions...

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Coale

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is good from 60+ but inside the 45....ehh....

;)

It's always baffled me that guys like him can boom it through the uprights on kickoffs but can't make a 25 yarder to save their life