• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 2 preview - EWU @ UW

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way it should be. Stick to what works.

I'll be there and I expect a much more dominating performance.

Will be interesting to see how up to speed Miles really is (or isn't).

He will be just fine, you have fun at the game today, and to anyone else head over for it,
Its a be a nice day, my pee wee's kick off the same time as the Dawgs,:L sometimes coaching sucks,

Either way huge win today by the Dawgs...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting a game thread on the CFB general board. Know plenty Dawgs going to the game, but check in over there when you can.

GO DAWGS!!!!

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations Coach Pete! 2-0 as a Husky!! :suds:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job by the Husky defense to step up towards the end and finish off the win, but there was almost no defense played by either side in the first 3 and-a-half quarters. Either that or both offenses were just that good.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job by the Husky defense to step up towards the end and finish off the win, but there was almost no defense played by either side in the first 3 and-a-half quarters. Either that or both offenses were just that good.

Just IMO, but I think the Huskies got some work to do on defense.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They do, but Eastern's offense isn't just some run of the mill FCS offense. I'd take EWU's offense over most FBS offenses that's how good it truly is. VA is a stud. Sure 52 points is disappointing, but that wasn't some no name that threw for almost 500 yards on them.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw progress today, especially on offense.

Was great to see Cyler play a solid game and the Oline did a lot better this week creating holes for the running game.

Budda Baker actually had a good game today. We let EWU score way too much, but they are a very good team who on any given Sat could do exactly the same thing to mid majors and members of the big boy confs.

Taking it all in, we got the W and that's the big one. Nice progress today, especially at O.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense actually did some good things in the 2nd half. Unfortunately, starting with peters meltdown penalties negated their progress.

I wouldnt be surprised if coach Pete benches his ass after his hissy fit.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed whatever you are talking about Peters being involved in.

Baker did great? I wouldn't say that. Watching him look lost on several plays including 2 huge passes he was supposed to cover and wasn't within 3y of the receiver. He did make some plays as well, but that secondary today played scared over part of the game and looked confused often.

I was more sad about the lack of a consistent pass rush. That's a veteran unit and Adams had ALL DAY in that pocket through a substantial part of that game. This was not a huge meaty offensive line. It was a FCS level line and they really should have been more dominating physically.

You can tell Miles is comfortable with the moment while he is out there, but I'm not sure he is fully up to speed on running that offense. Many of his passes were well off the ideal line. Even the screens and dump passes were behind, low, or otherwise not hitting a guy in stride. Still, it was a big improvement over Lindquist and there was a more consistent running game for sure. The O line was vastly improved over the Hawaii game.

You just get the feeling that a few more weeks and that offense will be fine. They aren't that far off.

The defense? Looks closer to a Nick Holt unit than a Justin Wilcox one. We will find out what that staff can do over the coming weeks, but I'm not convinced they end up improving as far as they need to if they want to make waves in the north.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed whatever you are talking about Peters being involved in.

The Dawgs got a critical stop in the 2nd half and peters had words with an ewu receiver, then butted facemasks. Peters got flagged and went apeshit right in front of coach Pete, then ignored him while he tried to cool his jets.

Coach Pete yanked him and the dummy was on the sidelines stomping around and throwing shit like his mouthpiece.

Don't think he came back in the rest of the game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of really dumb penalties. Not sure I ever saw who did them all, but there were at least 3 hands to the face penalties and two of them extended drives that lead to TD's. They really need to knock that shit off fast.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of really dumb penalties. Not sure I ever saw who did them all, but there were at least 3 hands to the face penalties and two of them extended drives that lead to TD's. They really need to knock that shit off fast.

Yeah. I know the D didnt play up to expectations, but they really did do some good stuff in the 2nd half and it was all negated because of stupid penalties.

Peters was hit with a 15-yard penalty for taunting that led to an Eastern Washington touchdown and 45-44 lead for the Eagles in the second half. UW coach Chris Petersen benched Peters for the rest of the game.
“That was easy,” Petersen told the media after the game. “I’m not into stupid penalties. That wasn’t even a decision (to bench Peters).”

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an embarrassing win. Was it a condition that we would play EWU if our defense played blindfolded all game?

For that sorry excuse for a D1 defense to play that way all game long is an absolute embarrassment.

Terrible

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a win, the plus side is they didn't collapse after EWU came back then took the lead, sometimes games aren't pretty wins but a win is a win 2-0