• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #12- VT @ UVA

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty nervous about this game... for several factors.

1) UVA is on a win streak... the ugliest, skid-mark-y-est streak I've ever seen, but they're winning games and now believing in themselves.

2) I will be there. I think I'm like 3-1 (the 1 being the 2003 loss that we shant ever speak of... the most talented and yet most frustrating team ever to don the maroon and orange) @ C'ville. So, not perfect. Better than my @ BC or @ Pitt record... but still, I don't like to be on the road and lose.

3) They actually have something to play for. I know it didn't help them in 2009... but it's more than just pride. Maybe they'll be nervous with something to play for? I would have preferred that FSU not screw the pooch as hard as they did to make this game irrelevant... but, eh.

4) Wouldn't it be just like the ACC to send a 9-2 (Klempson) team up against an ugly 8-3 (ooh-vee-eeehhyyy) team in a complete snoozer of an irrelevant game? Blowing a prime-time spot, possible BCS relevancy, etc?

The answer to #4 is yes... yes it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is interested, Tech @ UVa BASKETBALL tickets just went on sale today on the oooo-veee-eehhh website. I just grabbed four together. Bad seats, but it's the closest Tech b-ball game to DC and it's a nice little arena they got there.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of us are actually going to this game? We should get a head count

1. ckhokie
2. hokie200proof
3. lumbee09
4. amszete

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to get in touch with him, but I believe 46&2 is in. Along with Lady Hokie200proof and 46&2's ho.

Yea. I said it.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If anyone is interested, Tech @ UVa BASKETBALL tickets just went on sale today on the oooo-veee-eehhh website. I just grabbed four together. Bad seats, but it's the closest Tech b-ball game to DC and it's a nice little arena they got there.

Thanks for posting! It's always great to have an opportunity to grab tickets to a Tech event for cheaper than a home game. Those cheap seats are WAY up there though.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How many of us are actually going to this game? We should get a head count

1. ckhokie
2. hokie200proof
3. lumbee09
4. amszete

I'll be there. I think we're next to the MVs again. Know tons of non-SportsHoopla Hokies that will be in attendance as well.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am tailgating in the Univeristy Hall parking lot again (JPJ area) again. I will have more concrete directions here pretty soon. But if you are near that area, best way to notice me is I have a Maroon / Orange VT Cornhole set that is pretty unique looking (had it hand-made as a gift). Just ask for 'Zete.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am tailgating in the Univeristy Hall parking lot again (JPJ area) again. I will have more concrete directions here pretty soon. But if you are near that area, best way to notice me is I have a Maroon / Orange VT Cornhole set that is pretty unique looking (had it hand-made as a gift). Just ask for 'Zete.

We're probably there too... I've got friends who drive this:
VT TANK BUS

The paint job (which has since been updated from the banner pic) was more expensive than the POS bus they bought. It's awesome. Blows a tire once per 250 miles... goes a max of 55 mph... it's gaudy. I love standing next to it at UVa.

I believe the only spot they've found for it is JPJ so we'll be there.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT TANK BUS

The paint job (which has since been updated from the banner pic) was more expensive than the POS bus they bought. It's awesome. Blows a tire once per 250 miles... goes a max of 55 mph... it's gaudy. I love standing next to it at UVa.

NIIIIIICE!!!!! You should rename that thing "The Goliath" in memory of the old Knight Rider Episode - KITT vs Goliath!!!!

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't I own a Knight Rider Replica car? I make enough scratch where I could get an old Pontiac Trans Am... paint it black...

... talk to it like it's a person... etc.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
UVa LB Aaron Taliaferro says #Hokies talk more "trash" than most, which he says makes Saturday's game "personal"

After watching a couple whoVa games this year, im fairly convinced their defense talks more shit than old school miami!

Hell on of their "delightful young men" punched ol' renfree in the throat and their DB's are always talking.

FWIW feels like things are going to be tense in who?-ville. Wish i could work it out to be there and "incite" the crowd a little.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ KITT on ebay.

O... M... F... G... soon-to-be asked to be Mrs. Hokie200proof might have to wait another year while I return this rock and make a bid on that...

@ Talaiahhalefresaho... awwwwwwwwwhhhh. I wonder what we said that made it so personal? Something like "I was 10 the last time UVa won this game" or perhaps "We're beyond RS-frosh, medical RS now... even the dumbest students at UVA who took 8 years to finish their degrees will graduate without a win over Tech. Boo (wa)Hoo."

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVa LB Aaron Taliaferro says #Hokies talk more "trash" than most, which he says makes Saturday's game "personal"

After watching a couple whoVa games this year, im fairly convinced their defense talks more shit than old school miami!

Hell on of their "delightful young men" punched ol' renfree in the throat and their DB's are always talking.

FWIW feels like things are going to be tense in who?-ville. Wish i could work it out to be there and "incite" the crowd a little.

Nevermind the helmet to bare head hit Clifton Richardson had against a FSU player on Saturday. Went out of his way to find the dude too. If a Hokie did that, we'd never hear the end of it.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind the helmet to bare head hit Clifton Richardson had against a FSU player on Saturday. Went out of his way to find the dude too. If a Hokie did that, we'd never hear the end of it.

You are seriously going to place the blame on UVa for that one? The play was still live. If the FSU played would have been injured, there would have been no one to blame but himself, and you know it.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT TANK BUS

We tailgated right next to that thing for the Boise game. Were you there? I drove the RV that had the super loud music and the dance party

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We tailgated right next to that thing for the Boise game. Were you there? I drove the RV that had the super loud music and the dance party

Was i there?

I brought the 300 lbs block of ice that we made into an ice luge.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are seriously going to place the blame on UVa for that one? The play was still live. If the FSU played would have been injured, there would have been no one to blame but himself, and you know it.

If a VT player did that, every Hoo on earth would label him the biggest thug every born and YOU KNOW IT. Let's not kid ourselves here.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was i there?

I brought the 300 lbs block of ice that we made into an ice luge.

Then you were probably chanting while I hit that ice luge a couple times