• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #12- VT @ UVA

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uva is not ranked in the bcs. damn.

This even furthers the argument that the BCS is flawed. UVa is ranked in both polls and not ranked in the BCS, yet Auburn & Texas are ranked in the BCS but not ranked in either poll.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This even furthers the argument that the BCS is flawed. UVa is ranked in both polls and not ranked in the BCS, yet Auburn & Texas are ranked in the BCS but not ranked in either poll.

I think the this week and the remaining ones will help bolster / further the idea of a play-off system. There are too many decent teams that could / should have a shot at getting to play for a NC from different conferences and the way it stands right now - 2 SEC teams will probably play (and most likely in a rematch). If this happens, I can tell you I won't really be watching. Why watch a game that has already been played - who the F cares???

And I agree, UVa should be ranked in the BCS.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea, almost forgot - I PLEDGE to be there. With the 6 LL tickets I bought off a UVa fan almost a month ago. I will be hammered and raising F*in hell - you better believe it.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea, almost forgot - I PLEDGE to be there. With the 6 LL tickets I bought off a UVa fan almost a month ago. I will be hammered and raising F*in hell - you better believe it.

I PLEDGE to insult every UVA frat guy wearing a tie while starting VT chants in the UVA students section.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I PLEDGE to insult every UVA frat guy wearing a tie while starting VT chants in the UVA students section.

Is it really that big of a deal what someone chooses as their attire? Insulting someone makes you no better than them. In fact, it makes you look like the weak one.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really that big of a deal what someone chooses as their attire? Insulting someone makes you no better than them. In fact, it makes you look like the weak one.

I've been to my fair share of UVA-VT games in cville. After hearing what UVA students say about VT and their students, I simply do not have a care. I've got plenty of friends at UVA that I respect, but in my game experience, the guys wearing ties are the most annoying/insulting to VT (usually because they have just finished their 4th year 5th). It's not just that they are wearing a tie to a football game (which is still ridiculous), but who is wearing the tie.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Considering the AP poll has no bearing on the BCS poll because of the "human" element. The computers like Auburn and Texas because they play in the two "best" conferences based on computer rankings. The ACC is 5th and with UVA having a weak schedule, it hurts them, despite having a better record. It's the same story as why OK St is ahead of VT.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'm not sure it makes you weak, maybe pretentious. But I still don't understand the reasoning for dressing up to a football game. And it's not just UVA, it's the whole "southern" culture. It's dumb.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why you would dress up for games. Are you trying to get laid? Whenever I see girls in dresses at the beginning of the season I can't help but think that they are sorority skanks. Plus, with the way that most people eat and drink and tailgates, I would be way to nervous that I would stain my shirt. If I get a stain on my maroon effect shirt, oh no I have to spend $5 for a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chill out about how people dress at games. I don't understand why it's always the GDI kids bitching about what other people wear to games. Not sure how it has any effect on you if I wear a polo or a button down to a game. At the end of the day, everyone is still a fan. Quit bitching about it. This is a huge pet peeve of mine with our fans

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chill out about how people dress at games. I don't understand why it's always the GDI kids bitching about what other people wear to games. Not sure how it has any effect on you if I wear a polo or a button down to a game. At the end of the day, everyone is still a fan. Quit bitching about it. This is a huge pet peeve of mine with our fans

Thank you. What fans choose to wear to the game has no absolutely no bearing on how the actual game is played, so why even worry about it?

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeffro stop posting on your other VT account!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. What fans choose to wear to the game has no absolutely no bearing on how the actual game is played, so why even worry about it?

No reason to. But seriously FUCK UVA.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
^ yeah that was a nasty looking injury. I guess it broke both bones :(

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really doesn't bother me when our fans do it. Virginia Tech is not a big greek school and dressing up for games is a greek thing. That's why it's so big in the south, and why it's so big at UVA. The reason we're talking about this is because UVA does it and since it is rivalry week, we are trying to insult them in any way that we can. So for today, the theme is dressing up at games. Tomorrow, it is Zima.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was a pretty gruesome injury. Snapped it above the ankle it looked like when I watched it live.

That shit was gross. You could see his ankle rolling and all of the sudden it just exploded. UGGHHHH

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shit was gross. You could see his ankle rolling and all of the sudden it just exploded. UGGHHHH

I didn't really see what happened at first and I missed the first (and only reply). I was like, this guys being a pussy. Then they brought the cart out and I was like, this dude done fucked something up if they're bringing out the cart. So I went back and watched the replay again and was like, "OH SHIT!!!!!"

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rivalry week. They make fun of us for being redneck and we make fun of them for being snobs.