• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gainesville or Knoxville ?

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just crazy how neither sport have had consistently good teams in the new millennia. You'd think with their resources and location they could muster up some respectable programs.

From 2005-2007 bball did have some great seasons, but the best they've done since then is sweet 16.

i know that. I kinda take sadistic glory in UCLA's troubles, being a USC alum.

but i also know that they care deeply, and that if they lost to USC embarassingly again next week, and they started calling up their major boosters to tell them they were trying to raise money for a buyout of Mora's contract, they could raise 14.5 million for a buyout before their bowl game (or their lack of a bowl game, depending on whether they also lost to Cal the following week)

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No poll? I can't vote for a vasectomy instead of living in either of those places? :L

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're averaging 34k per game with one left
They announced over 70k at the UW Oregon game a couple of weeks ago and there were open seats all over. It only holds 70k.

They do some really fucky math with stadiums these days. The numbers never match what your eyes show you anymore. I think they just spin a wheel in the back office and read whatever number it lands on to be honest.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost's offer from NU is 5 years and $35,000,000
- sources*

* some dude named Fred just said something on his way past my office.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost's offer from NU is 5 years and $35,000,000
- sources*

* some dude named Fred just said something on his way past my office.
tenor.gif

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure you just described tejas.

Nobody under-achieves like tejas. Nobody.

Oh, Texas has underachieved, but nothing like Nebraska. Texas won a conference title and played for a NC 8 years ago. Nebraska last won a conference title and NC almost 20 years ago. What makes Nebraska a major underachiever even more is that they have played in two of the worst divisions in CFB history and still can’t manage to win a conference title.

Texas will win another conference title; might take 2 years, 5 years, who knows, but they will be competing for them soon. Same with winning a natty. Texas will win another one, I‎t might take another 40 years, who knows, but Texas will be back to competing for NC’s. That’s guaranteed. What is also guaranteed is that Nebraska will NEVER win another natty and might win a conference title once every 30 years. I️ know I️ sound like a broken record, but you people are really having a difficult time accepting how your program is now on the same level as Indiana, Rutgers, Illinois, etc. Believe me, I️ would have a hard time accepting that reality as well. Your program was fucked once the Big 8 ended.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Texas has underachieved, but nothing like Nebraska. Texas won a conference title and played for a NC 8 years ago. Nebraska last won a conference title and NC almost 20 years ago. What makes Nebraska a major underachiever even more is that they have played in two of the worst divisions in CFB history and still can’t manage to win a conference title.

Texas will win another conference title; might take 2 years, 5 years, who knows, but they will be competing for them soon. Same with winning a natty. Texas will win another one, I‎t might take another 40 years, who knows, but Texas will be back to competing for NC’s. That’s guaranteed. What is also guaranteed is that Nebraska will NEVER win another natty and might win a conference title once every 30 years. I️ know I️ sound like a broken record, but you people are really having a difficult time accepting how your program is now on the same level as Indiana, Rutgers, Illinois, etc. Believe me, I️ would have a hard time accepting that reality as well. Your program was fucked once the Big 8 ended.

Texas is in most fertile recruiting grounds in country and have still been shit. Not even comparable the Texas has underachieved more.

Congrats on the big step up and beating Kansas this year. I know that’s a BIG improvement for Longhorns

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nebraska can't 'underachieve' you flaming moron. Per your very description they can only overachieve.

See how stupid you sound when you get on your ass bleeding envy rants?

tejas has it ALL. Money, Recruits, etc. That is also per your own words.
tejas has managed ONE national championship in 47 years. The previous one 47 years ago was awarded before you underachievers LOST your bowl game (IN DALLAS).
tejas is (51-47) in the last 8 years. That is a 52% winning percentage. LMAO!!!!

NOBODY underachieves like tejas. NOBODY

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is, if/when Frost becomes Nebraska's head coach, how many 7 and 8 win seasons will it take before he is run out of Lincoln?

:dhd:

Last edited:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is, if/when Frost becomes Nebraska's head coach, how many 7 and 8 win seasons will it take before he is run out of Lincoln?

:dhd:

You could say same for Florida, Tennessee, A&M, etc, no?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska might be screwed again in the coaching search arena. They're going to be late to the party because they're waiting to fire Riley and there don't seem to be a slew of obvious coaching choices this year. I suspect Nebraska will end up hiring a coordinator from somewhere and hope for the best.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska might be screwed again in the coaching search arena. They're going to be late to the party because they're waiting to fire Riley and there don't seem to be a slew of obvious coaching choices this year. I suspect Nebraska will end up hiring a coordinator from somewhere and hope for the best.

Every time I see that avatar I expect something dumb to roll off your finger tips.
You never fail to let me down.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I see that avatar I expect something dumb to roll off your finger tips.
You never fail to let me down.
Which might be a good comment had your program not hired Riley, a proven below-average coach, to begin with.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which might be a good comment had your program not hired Riley, a proven below-average coach, to begin with.

And the dumb in your avatar continues.

If you were even half ass informed, you'd know that Riley was hired within 4 days of Pelini getting fired. There was no coaching search period. AD Eichorst (who has been fired) ran into him in the L.A. airport and offered him the job.