• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future football scheduling

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charleston Daily Mail | WVU football still working out scheduling strategy

Ok,so after some deep consideration, maybe bringing back the brawl IS a good idea after all. I'm thinking about our student athletes on this one, Pitt is nowhere near my first choice as a program I'd like to see back on the schedule because I would like an opponent that takes football seriously BUT our guys travel plenty already, a trip of 1 hour has to sound pretty good for players and fans alike so...

My perfect 3 OOC games for WVU,

1st week every year - Penn State or VT , great game out of the gate every year for our guys to focus on during fall camp and great pub for everyone involved. A loss here prob doesn't kill you either because it's so early on.

2nd game - Marshall in Morgantown every year. Great atmosphere for a non P5 opponent after a big one to open the season and even if We decide to throw the Herd a bone and play in Huntington every now and then, great test for our guys because the place while smaller will be packed and crazy there too.

Rivalry week - Friday or Saturday, bring back the brawl. Personally I'd love Penn State or VT much better but both have good games that week already and Pitt/WVU would satisfy some of our fan base and give us an opponent late that wouldnt the require a long road trip every other year.

SOS would never be an issue and no more worries about bowl eligibility because we lost too many games because new bowls are coming nearly every year and 6 wins will no longer be the bench mark for a bowl trip for the kids.