• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuller returns from IR, officially ending Kevin White's season

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not bull shit. If you attempt to take it at complete face value, or as gospel... you'll find plenty of flaws. No stats are perfect. However, if you just take it with a grain of salt, as is intended. It's quite a decent barometer to use. It's not intended to be the only tool you use when evaluating a player.

It is tho. Ask any player, good or bad. There is no way for them to factor in, or KNOW the respective players assignment.

It definitely can be used as a tool. A tool in a toolbox full of tools. Means next to nothing, by itself tho.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is tho. Ask any player, good or bad. There is no way for them to factor in, or KNOW the respective players assignment.

It definitely can be used as a tool. A tool in a toolbox full of tools. Means next to nothing, by itself tho.

That's what I mean, just one of many tools.

And I saw that Kyle Williams thing, so I know what you're referencing. There absolutely is ways to see what a player's assignment is. It's not that hard if you're watching the film, or understand say... the defensive scheme a team is running. Will it be perfect? Again, no.

What players think about something like PFF is next to meaningless. Of course they're going to dislike it. Players also hate saber-metrics in baseball, and so did many front offices until it became impossible to continue to reject it.

Players hate anything that may expose their short comings.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I mean, just one of many tools.

And I saw that Kyle Williams thing, so I know what you're referencing. There absolutely is ways to see what a player's assignment is. It's not that hard if you're watching the film, or understand say... the defensive scheme a team is running. Will it be perfect? Again, no.

What players think about something like PFF is next to meaningless. Of course they're going to dislike it. Players also hate saber-metrics in baseball, and so did many front offices until it became impossible to continue to reject it.

Players hate anything that may expose their short comings.

True that, but nonetheless, it doesn't tell the whole or true tale regarding an individual player. Like I said, I would like to see Fuller with a front 7 that's worth it's weight in shit.

Whether he's a true #1 is semantics....most teams don't have a true #1. I think he can play, and like you said earlier...put another good player opposite him, and his play will be elevated.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that, but nonetheless, it doesn't tell the whole or true tale regarding an individual player. Like I said, I would like to see Fuller with a front 7 that's worth it's weight in shit.

Whether he's a true #1 is semantics....most teams don't have a true #1. I think he can play, and like you said earlier...put another good player opposite him, and his play will be elevated.

We agree. Sucks we happen to have just lost Willie, Trevathan and Freeman the week he's returning. Ugh... this fuckin' season man. I tell ya. I've never seen anything like it on the injury front. They just don't stop dropping.

Trevathan's career is in jeopardy. He may never be the same. What a disaster...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We agree. Sucks we happen to have just lost Willie, Trevathan and Freeman the week he's returning. Ugh... this fuckin' season man. I tell ya. I've never seen anything like it on the injury front. They just don't stop dropping.

Trevathan's career is in jeopardy. He may never be the same. What a disaster...

Wait...what happened to Willie?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, not a surprise...

There's been talks about this for a little while in Chicago.

His career started so promising in those first couple of games. I think it's just a matter of health. He needs to prove that he can stay healthy. Any injury of even semi-significance during camp is the end of him in Chicago.

I'm never counting on him to live up to his first round billing. That's for sure. He has ability, so it's not out of the realm of thought. However, I wouldn't bet a single cent on it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he really fucked himself with this coaching staff, by not working hard to return to the field last year, after a routine knee scope.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he really fucked himself with this coaching staff, by not working hard to return to the field last year, after a routine knee scope.

Yeah, it was a very strange situation. Even if you have a setback, a knee scope should NEVER keep you out a full season. It's usually a 2-3 week recovery for professional athletes. Anything more than six, I would think is odd. A full season... what?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin White was a huge mistake of a draft pick. He'll amount to nothing special and will likely get injured again.

I am a big believer in Kyle Fuller. I like this kid. Yes i am serious.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like Fuller and think he will thrive in Fangio's defense.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a very polished route runner, but White has great body control on jump balls and I do believe he could be a pretty big red-zone threat. I have to imagine that despite the injuries, he can still be a productive player.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a very polished route runner, but White has great body control on jump balls and I do believe he could be a pretty big red-zone threat. I have to imagine that despite the injuries, he can still be a productive player.

Hope you're right. It would be a good story. The kid works his butt off.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you're right. It would be a good story. The kid works his butt off.

I really hope he isn't too limited due to the injuries. For every guy who loses his athletic ability due to a serious injury, you have a guy like Jimmy Graham who somehow bounced back.

He was incredible coming out of college. If confidence issues don't get the best of him, I think he can make adjustments. Even if he loses his top end speed, I think he could still make a career as a possession WR. He had an uncanny ability to pluck the ball out of the air on throws in coverage.