• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuller returns from IR, officially ending Kevin White's season

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested in your guys opinion as to what is realistic to expect from Kevin White at this point.

It absolutely sucks that this kid has only managed to be out there 4 games in his first two seasons. Many of us thought that by now, he could be making a trip to his first pro bowl. Not his second trip to the IR.

I fear that we'll never truly know what kind of a player Kevin White could have been. I don't think you can fully recover from serious injuries to not one, but two major leg injuries.

At this point, I think his ceiling is being nothing more than a contributor and MAYBE a solid #2. He's not a polished route runner, he didn't seem to get a quick hang of the offense... He seems to be a receiver that relies heavily on his athleticism. The question is, how much of that has he lost?

My honest opinion? In three years, Kevin White is out of the NFL. His career finished, after never having played a single full season. Let's face it, how many guys who started their career off like this ever wound up living up to a 1st round billing?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think its important for Fuller to get back in the games though, after thinking we were set at corner he has become a big question mark.

White still has the chance to be a beast, but he played his college ball at 190 and is up to 216-220 now. He only had 2 tough college years at W Virginia so I am sure he has some left in him, its just the calf muscle injury was pretty much diagnosed as building muscle too quickly and the bone not able to support it, so maybe he needs to get down to 190-200 to have a longer career, but at that weight in this NFL it would be a low return for a first rounder.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Demarius Thomas overcame some pretty big injuries early on. Broken foot and torn ACL, if I'm not mistaken.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think its important for Fuller to get back in the games though, after thinking we were set at corner he has become a big question mark.

White still has the chance to be a beast, but he played his college ball at 190 and is up to 216-220 now. He only had 2 tough college years at W Virginia so I am sure he has some left in him, its just the calf muscle injury was pretty much diagnosed as building muscle too quickly and the bone not able to support it, so maybe he needs to get down to 190-200 to have a longer career, but at that weight in this NFL it would be a low return for a first rounder.

Agreed on Fuller. CB is likely high on our priority list in the draft. Important for us to get an evaluation on what we have.

Is Deiondre Hall going to make his way back on the field this year? I like him a lot, and he's been questionable every week since mid-October and winds up not playing.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually still think Fuller can play. I'm not giving up on him yet.

He's a solid tackler, and has good technique as a cover-corner. No, he hasn't lit up the takeaway column, but our D as a whole wasn't doing much when he was in.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually still think Fuller can play. I'm not giving up on him yet.

He's a solid tackler, and has good technique as a cover-corner. No, he hasn't lit up the takeaway column, but our D as a whole wasn't doing much when he was in.

He had a fine season after a rough start last year. I think he's a solid corner, but not a true #1 cover corner. I think he could thrive with a stud opposite of him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a fine season after a rough start last year. I think he's a solid corner, but not a true #1 cover corner. I think he could thrive with a stud opposite of him.

I think he could be a #1 corner with better play in front of him. He didn't have that in the time he's been on the field.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad my Raiders took Coop.....I wanted them to take White.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad my Raiders took Coop.....I wanted them to take White.

And I was screaming not to take White.

Possibly the most I disliked a Bears 1st round pick in a while. Hopefully he still can prove me wrong.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I was screaming not to take White.

Possibly the most I disliked a Bears 1st round pick in a while. Hopefully he still can prove me wrong.

Really? More disliked than Shea fucking McClellin?

I liked the White pick. Dude was a playmaking stud.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? More disliked than Shea fucking McClellin?

I liked the White pick. Dude was a playmaking stud.

I kind of liked the Shea pick at the time. :doh:

Read that one waaaayyy wrong. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he could be a #1 corner with better play in front of him. He didn't have that in the time he's been on the field.

Fuller's numbers vs the league's top WR's are eye popping... in a very bad way. Porter has had a resurgence here as a CB. Really no excuse for how bad he's been on opposing #1's.

I have a hard time remembering a game where he wasn't torched by a #1 worth mentioning. His rookie year he finished dead last out of qualifying CB's on PFF. Last season he was right around there as well, until Porter slid in front of him on the depth chart. He ultimately started playing better when less was asked of him.

I just don't think he's physical enough. He's pretty short compared to the average WR, and has not showed the technique needed in order to compensate. He's great at playing the run, and has okay ball skills. However, he gets a damn good beating off of the line of scrimmage on a consistent basis.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of liked the Shea pick at the time. :doh:

Read that one waaaayyy wrong. lol

Me too:L I like corn fed Boise State boys, and they hyped that fucker like the next coming of Clay Matthews en sech.

I look back at our first rd picks and cringe/wonder wtf. I thought Gabe Carimi was gonna be our blue-chip stud for the next decade.

They have had some Godawful luck with injuries to theiur 1st rd'ers...it's actually ridiculous.

I think Ced Benson was the pick that annoyed me the most. Plenty of holes that could've been filled, with Thomas JJones sitting there, playing lights out.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller's numbers vs the league's top WR's are eye popping... in a very bad way. Porter has had a resurgence here as a CB. Really no excuse for how bad he's been on opposing #1's.

I have a hard time remembering a game where he wasn't torched by a #1 worth mentioning. His rookie year he finished dead last out of qualifying CB's on PFF. Last season he was right around there as well, until Porter slid in front of him on the depth chart. He ultimately started playing better when less was asked of him.

I just don't think he's physical enough. He's pretty short compared to the average WR, and has not showed the technique needed in order to compensate. He's great at playing the run, and has okay ball skills. However, he gets a damn good beating off of the line of scrimmage on a consistent basis.

Yet he's been a great tackler.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too:L I like corn fed Boise State boys, and they hyped that fucker like the next coming of Clay Matthews en sech.

I look back at our first rd picks and cringe/wonder wtf. I thought Gabe Carimi was gonna be our blue-chip stud for the next decade.

They have had some Godawful luck with injuries to theiur 1st rd'ers...it's actually ridiculous.

I think Ced Benson was the pick that annoyed me the most. Plenty of holes that could've been filled, with Thomas JJones sitting there, playing lights out.

Agreed. The Benson pick made little sense to me. That 05 team needed to add some playmakers in the receiving game. I suppose they thought the Muhammad signing was enough.

Angelo's drafts were HORRIFIC near the end. Chris Williams and Carimi were his final two first round picks. Both were complete busts.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet he's been a great tackler.

Yeah, like I said. He's very good defending the run, and open field tackling. Being physical in coverage is a whole different ball game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and FWIW, PFF is bullshit.

It's not bull shit. If you attempt to take it at complete face value, or as gospel... you'll find plenty of flaws. No stats are perfect. However, if you just take it with a grain of salt, as is intended. It's quite a decent barometer to use. It's not intended to be the only tool you use when evaluating a player.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like I said. He's very good defending the run, and open field tackling. Being physical in coverage is a whole different ball game.

The mindset is the same tho.

I like the kid. He IS undersized for sure.

I wanna see more from him, particularly with a front 7 trhat's worth a shit.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mindset is the same tho.

I like the kid. He IS undersized for sure.

I wanna see more from him, particularly with a front 7 trhat's worth a shit.

Yeah, I definitely have not given up on him yet. I want to see more of Hall too. He's back in practice now.