• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck you Kelly!!!

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the day as I said on the game thread, this is the reason I'll always prefer a pro style QB/Pocket QB over the spread offense/read option QB. Take too many hits as a read option QB

Agreed. It was a designed run though.

Looked to me like BK was treating MZ like a rented mule. Said so to my buds during the game and they agreed. Designed QB runs put the QB at risk.

And with our talent one MUST wonder why we 'must' call that play. We've heard it two weeks in a row: Kelly likes to have about 10-15 of these 'designed runs' for his QB a game. And now we don't have him as a QB.

Protect this house?! Protect your QB!

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some damning statistics. Procise only 17 carries. He got what, 160 yards?

1/11 on third down. The 1 being the game winning td. Amazing. He has the best oline at ND in twenty years. And can't get a first down on third and short between the tackles. He should blame no one but himself for this mess.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should be celebrating the win but the game left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm still pissed about it. why the hell are we running slow ass read option runs on short yardage situations? why are they throwing the ball 5 out 7 plays on kizers first 2 series when our rb is average 10 yds a carry? why are we burning our 2nd timeout with the clock stopped and the chains moving (I could live with it). then we call a fricken screen pass out of the timeout? why is Jalen celebrating a tackle for loss when their defense was gashed the entire 2nd half? why is brian Kelly taking no responsibility for his stupidity. I don't know what to take positive out of this game besides we got extremely lucky

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should be celebrating the win but the game left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm still pissed about it. why the hell are we running slow ass read option runs on short yardage situations? why are they throwing the ball 5 out 7 plays on kizers first 2 series when our rb is average 10 yds a carry? why are we burning our 2nd timeout with the clock stopped and the chains moving (I could live with it). then we call a fricken screen pass out of the timeout? why is Jalen celebrating a tackle for loss when their defense was gashed the entire 2nd half? why is brian Kelly taking no responsibility for his stupidity. I don't know what to take positive out of this game besides we got extremely lucky
Only two positives. Procise ran hard. He never stopped moving his legs. With our o line he'll be fine. Kizer's gw throw was perfect. Great poise.

Beyond that, it was awful. And the football gods continue to punish us.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I can say is we will soon find out if Brian Kelly knows how to make lemon aide.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF did you think was going to happen running your QB up the middle all the time. Where the fuck are the TE in this game? Where the fuck is Robinson??? Can we get a RB in the flat to catch a pass on these short yards?? Everything has been thrown to the outside to Fuller and Brown, and now your QB is hurt......Your game plan sucks as usual. I have not been this pissed off in a long time, but today am I heated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see one more jet sweep or a WR screen this game, I am going to fly to SB and kick the shit out of him myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree his game plan was bad yesterday. The best part we had a running back with 155 years and u didnt run the ball in the 4th Q. I also agree where the hell is the TE's. We are suppose to have weapons at the TE position and we don't use them.

Now Kelly has excuse if we lose. He lost his starting QB and RB.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1/11 on third down. The 1 being the game winning td. Amazing. He has the best oline at ND in twenty years. And can't get a first down on third and short between the tackles. He should blame no one but himself for this mess.
This right HERE! W T F?

That is a glaring & absolutely horrid stat with possibly the best OLine in the country. What does that tell you, guise? :hmm:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked how bad our Oline played in short yardage situations.

I put some of the blame on the o-line and a lot on the play calls. running plays where the rb gets the ball in a position where he has no momentum doesn't help either

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put some of the blame on the o-line and a lot on the play calls. running plays where the rb gets the ball in a position where he has no momentum doesn't help either
I agree, with the Oline we have why not run the I formation and give our RB some momentum running down hill.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading thru this thread, now that I've had a day to settle down and let it all sink in ... giggling, sarcastically at it all.

What's been the common theme the last few seasons with Kelly, guise? What have we all constantly bitched about with him?

- His in-game atrocious play calling. I don't know what he sees & what the rest of the world does. I, honestly, don't. Alternate universe stuff.

- Unprepared for any type of adversity. When it happens, he panics and starts pissing down his leg.

- No accountability ... NADA. I think I've seen him, ONCE, and only once in post-game presser take any responsibility/fault for piss-poor games. He will always point fingers at anything/everything ... but himself. This is what concerns me the most. He doesn't see where the true fault lies and we'll just keep getting the same narcissistic shit from him, week in & week out. You can't fix the prob, if you can't realize you're the prob.

- Constantly tried to be the 'smartest coach that ever was' and winds up making himself, along with the team, look senselessly silly and mediocre. Is pretty damn bad at scheming for games. I actually wonder if he even looks at oppositions' game films to see who the 'problem players' for us might be. Unless it is a big game, he doesn't seem to know the really true threats on the other side. This tells me he is, maybe, subconciously overlooking mediocre teams, himself.

I've had it with egotistical approach and narcissistic tude. He is his own worst enemy ... the team & fans suffer for it. I honestly believe he could be a great coach ... if he'd learn to step down from his high horse and get out of his own way.

This is prolly gonna be a long season without Malik. Ga Tech game is gonna be very telling on how this team will proceed from here on out. All the kiddy QBs better be getting a whole lotta reps during practice.

Wonder how long Prosise can stay in one piece? We lose him ... forget it.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading thru this thread, now that I've had a day to settle down and let it all sink in ... giggling, sarcastically at it all.

What's been the common theme the last few seasons with Kelly, guise? What have we all constantly bitched about with him?

- His in-game atrocious play calling. I don't know what he sees & what the rest of the world does. I, honestly, don't. Alternate universe stuff.

- Unprepared for any type of adversity. When it happens, he panics and starts pissing down his leg.

- No accountability ... NADA. I think I've seen him, ONCE, and only once in post-game presser take any responsibility/fault for piss-poor games. He will always point fingers at anything/everything ... but himself. This is what concerns me the most. He doesn't see where the true fault lies and we'll just keep getting the same narcissistic shit from him, week in & week out. You can't fix the prob, if you can't realize you're the prob.

- Constantly tried to be the 'smartest coach that ever was' and winds up making himself, along with the team, look senselessly silly and mediocre. Is pretty damn bad at scheming for games. I actually wonder if he even looks at oppositions' game films to see who the 'problem players' for us might be. Unless it is a big game, he doesn't seem to know the really true threats on the other side. This tells me he is, maybe, subconciously overlooking mediocre teams, himself.

I've had it with egotistical approach and narcissistic tude. He is his own worst enemy ... the team & fans suffer for it. I honestly believe he could be a great coach ... if he'd learn to step down from his high horse and get out of his own way.

This is prolly gonna be a long season without Malik. Ga Tech game is gonna be very telling on how this team will proceed from here on out. All the kiddy QBs better be getting a whole lotta reps during practice.

Wonder how long Prosise can stay in one piece? We lose him ... forget it.

Accepting that injuries are a part of the game, at what point to the law of averages even out?

Last year, we lost the key piece of our defense, our MLB, who while not the most athletic guy out there, knows how to line up in Van Gorder's defensee (apparently he's the only one). Then we lose Day, then we lose Jarron Jones, then we lose for a time Jay Hayes. We already lost a key DL and key CB due to academic suspensions and a steady, if not world beater WR.

This year, we lose J. Jones, again, our number one RB, our number 1 QB. Honestly, no team can take that many hits and survive. It used to be a depth problem, which was finally fixed, if not with 5* players, with capable guys that can fill out an 85 man roster. Now that has taken a hit.

Its frustrating, because coaches can't control injuries. What is frustrating is that there was no need, none to force Zaire up the middle like that. The two times he did it before I cringed. When Zaire broke one and then smartly got out of bounds I breathed a sigh of relief. But I recall remarking out loud that he's gonna get him killed if he keeps doing that. You want to use that play. Fine. It could have waited until after USC, especially against the team he was playing.

On top of that, Kelly's shit game calls continue. The between the tackles plays on 3rd and short need to change, period. They get stuff far too many times, and while the offense looks great between the 20s it still sucks in the RZ. I think Kelly's just too damn predictable, and has been since the NC game (recall the Alabama players saying they knew exactly what was coming with him, and our defensive alignments with Mr. Milquetoast, Bob Diaco). Every post-game press conference is the same. We have to get better in the RZ. You've been running the same damn plays for 6 years. Maybe its not the lack of excution there Brian.

I have been disappointed with wins before, but this win just felt devastating. Kizer's last minute heroics should be celebrated, but it just feels so wrong that we were ever in that position. And the way the defense didn't respond after Zaire got hurt was really depressing. It seemed as if they gave up, like the end of last year. If I saw my starting QB get injured, as a defender, I'd want to go out and hit someone really hard after that. Instead, they just let them go right down the field.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing the same old shit. The Texas game was the only game the Irish played well for 4 quarters. GT game was pretty good until the 4th quarter defensive melt down. Clemson; the defense played well for 3 quarters and the offense played well one quarter.

Why is it I feel like it is a 50/50 chance we will beat the next opponent (no matter who it is)? The Irish have the potential to beat anybody. We have the athletes to beat anybody. But it seems like at least half of the time this team has been on the field this year they have looked like shit. Also, I feel like we are generally outcoached but win because we have superior talent.

Every year we have major frustrations with BK. Even our 12-1 season we questioned BK but we had a nasty defense which covered our offensive and coaching deficiencies.

BK can blame anything or anybody he wants to, but everything comes down to coaching. Slow starts, flat play, poor execution, dropped balls, poor tackling, weak blocks, bad special teams play, inexcusable time outs, penalties, turnovers; it all comes down to coaching.

We know what we have with BK. He is too stubborn and egotistical to look inward at the problems that have plagued the Irish in his term as head coach. He has recruited well and his record is much better than the last few bozos that preceded him. But this team, this year, should be better than they are.

I hope I am wrong, but I don't see any reason that we will get anything different from what we have seen from BK's Irish. Looking forward we will see inconsistent play. We will see the Irish play like world beaters and see them play like a JV squad.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fumbles had something to do with the out come but Kelly botched it with his play calling.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys continue to take the easy way out and blame Kelly for everything.

How about holding the players accountable for something? Is kelly out there fumbling the ball? Is he out there dropping passes? Is he out there failing to open up holes for his RB?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is still the best coach since lou. I will say this we better not lose to lesser opponet this yea. Losing to Clemson is not a loss to be ashamed of. Im tired of losing to teams we should beat. IF we do this year Im ok with firing him.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys continue to take the easy way out and blame Kelly for everything.

How about holding the players accountable for something? Is kelly out there fumbling the ball? Is he out there dropping passes? Is he out there failing to open up holes for his RB?

It isn't my job to hold the players accountable. That's BK's job. BK is responsible for developing and preparing the players. Ultimately, BK is responsible for what happens on the field.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

didn't he fumble and lose twice though?