• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck you Kelly!!!

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF did you think was going to happen running your QB up the middle all the time. Where the fuck are the TE in this game? Where the fuck is Robinson??? Can we get a RB in the flat to catch a pass on these short yards?? Everything has been thrown to the outside to Fuller and Brown, and now your QB is hurt......Your game plan sucks as usual. I have not been this pissed off in a long time, but today am I heated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see one more jet sweep or a WR screen this game, I am going to fly to SB and kick the shit out of him myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF did you think was going to happen running your QB up the middle all the time. Where the fuck are the TE in this game? Where the fuck is Robinson??? Can we get a RB in the flat to catch a pass on these short yards?? Everything has been thrown to the outside to Fuller and Brown, and now your QB is hurt......Your game plan sucks as usual. I have not been this pissed off in a long time, but today am I heated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see one more jet sweep or a WR screen this game, I am going to fly to SB and kick the shit out of him myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like we fucking squeaked this shit out, we deserved to lose. I can't disagree with you at all. The play-calling is absolutely pathetic, the defensive play calls were pathetic too.

Just peruse these Keys to the Game from B&G author Bryan Driskell:
Defense:
Keys to the Game: ND Defense

Mizzell and Severin, that's who you've got to take care of; we failed.

Offense:
https://notredame.rivals.com/barrie...y.asp?sid=961&script=/content.asp&cid=1801100

Don't even know where to start. Apparently Fuller is our only receiver. Brown has butterfingers. Robinson, Hunter, Carlisle all must not exist or 'can't compete against' Cavalier secondary. Absolutely no excuse for letting Severin loose all day, especially on Butler, stick Russell or Luke on him all day long no matter where he lines up.

Running Zaire AT ALL on designed runs is pure stupidity, especially when you're admitting how much weight you're putting on him. I even expressed last week that the read-option is NOT what you want to be running when you don't have depth at QB, especially when running that same set. If this OLine is so good, it should be absolutely no harder than Off tackle left, Off Tackle right for bread and butter runs. Prosise is showing he can run through the middle as well as turn the corner and you don't use the advantage or even make the other team prove they can beat it.

Absolutely disgusted. Don't really even care about the miraculous, prayer of a win. Someone is continuing to prove how shitty of a game manager he is. I think we know who I'm referring to.
:L

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm generally a supporter of Brian Kelly. I thought the play-calling was extremely poor today. Agree with the OP, what do you expect when your thin at qb and you constantly run him. Where are some short passes in the middle of the field to the tight ends or even some screens or flares to the running backs instead of constantly running a smaller C.J. Procise up the gut. Would be nice to get him on the edge once in a while instead of ramming him up the middle on short yardage.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed, our TE's are absent in any way except for blocking. Is Kizer incapable of taking a snap under center? We got luckier than the freaking leprechaun with that pass. It was a fine pass and all that but it was a Hail Mary as far as a prayer, "I hope this works or my team's season is likely done". And that was Kelly, not me thinking that.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you have one of the best O-lines in the country and not be able to pick up a third and 1 or 2 in about 8 tries. Unbelievable. But on an unrelated issue, what a finish.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you have one of the best O-lines in the country and not be able to pick up a third and 1 or 2 in about 8 tries. Unbelievable. But on an unrelated issue, what a finish.
so unbelievably predictable on all the calls, plus it's obvious Procise is a smaller guy and when the defense knows he's going to get it up the gut it's just not the hard to stop. When you get him the ball with a little crease watch out, if you get him the ball with a little wiggle room watch out. If you hand him the ball in a phone booth, results are very predictable and not that hard a play to defend.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, which I'm vaguely referring to with respect to off-tackle running. One yard should be automatic unless they absolutely sell out and then the QB should check off and dump one for an easy gain.

I figured maybe I'd best check my blood pressure because I'm a lil red in the face atm. I was going to say tongue-in-cheek, who loses more ground after today, Auburn or Us? Then the realization hit me, we have to play Kizer, they don't. That Clemson game and GTech game look absolutely rough at this moment.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe the depth we've lost in just the last few months. 2-0 but it feels like 0-6 right now.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking for a second there might be a bright side to having to go to Kizer; that Kelly would have to scale back the playbook and maybe you know, not run the read-option with him but nope, he ran it with Kizer in too. I'm not a supporter of it, especially without a QB the size of Cardale Jones who can take the punishment.

Can't wait to hear his excuses on this one: Well we need to execute better, not make silly mistakes, miss reads or blow coverages, yadda yadda yadda. Nothing will be along the lines of: I screwed up bigtime putting my QB in that position considering our young depth.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game ball to Kizer. Kelly is a game day fuckup. Defense played 2 quarters.

I credit BK that we had bigger, stronger, faster players that were able to overcome BK's total ineptitude. Kizer was in a really tough spot. I saw a shot of him on the sideline and I thought he looked like he was going to puke. I think Kizer did a helluva job considering the circumstances. Procise and O-line were excellent.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game ball to Kizer. Kelly is a game day fuckup. Defense played 2 quarters.

I credit BK that we had bigger, stronger, faster players that were able to overcome BK's total ineptitude. Kizer was in a really tough spot. I saw a shot of him on the sideline and I thought he looked like he was going to puke. I think Kizer did a helluva job considering the circumstances. Procise and O-line were excellent.

Yes the positives. I'm just not sure we can overcome our negatives, considering... he calls the plays. RIM-SHOT!

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be worse, could be Arkansas.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaming Kelly for the injury is borderline retarded. Zaire is who he is. He's not going to turn him into some pro style pocket QB when he is a read option QB

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, WhyWork, I do support Kelly, everything he does and has done as a Coach except for calling plays. I'm not a fan of the read-option for the dangers it poses to QBs. If he'd give that up and/or at least stay with a standard spread and single back set, everything else is decent, well, too many jet-sweeps too. Establish the inside and heavily before you try sweeping. Let the QB be a pocket QB, with this talent, there's no reason not too. I could understand if you lack talent, but we don't so it makes it seem even more unnecessary when we run those types of plays and lose players as a result.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is who he is? that's nuts. he is who kelly lets him be.

End of the day as I said on the game thread, this is the reason I'll always prefer a pro style QB/Pocket QB over the spread offense/read option QB. Take too many hits as a read option QB

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked to me like BK was treating MZ like a rented mule. Said so to my buds during the game and they agreed. Designed QB runs put the QB at risk.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the day as I said on the game thread, this is the reason I'll always prefer a pro style QB/Pocket QB over the spread offense/read option QB. Take too many hits as a read option QB
so maybe your border line retarded comment was a bit much then huh?

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiser threw a game winning TD with a few seconds left. Looked not so good otherwise.