• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck you Kelly!!!

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that BK has an epiphany and realizes he is a big part of the problem.

There are few coaches I would trade for BK because he is better than most. It is very important to have consistency and keeping BK is good for the program. He has recruited well and with BK I no longer feel like I felt in the dark days of the past. I truly believe this ND team can beat anybody, but ultimately my major concern before any game is coaching.

Fans will always complain about play calling. And none of us would have complained about made conversions. But I have been perplexed by BK's play calling far more than I have been by any other coach in my lifetime. It seems to me that there are obvious things that we all see that BK does not. I wonder if his assistants also fail to recognize what seems so clear. Or, does BK think his game plan is so ingenious that he refuses to divert from it?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that BK has an epiphany and realizes he is a big part of the problem.

There are few coaches I would trade for BK because he is better than most. It is very important to have consistency and keeping BK is good for the program. He has recruited well and with BK I no longer feel like I felt in the dark days of the past. I truly believe this ND team can beat anybody, but ultimately my major concern before any game is coaching.

Fans will always complain about play calling. And none of us would have complained about made conversions. But I have been perplexed by BK's play calling far more than I have been by any other coach in my lifetime. It seems to me that there are obvious things that we all see that BK does not. I wonder if his assistants also fail to recognize what seems so clear. Or, does BK think his game plan is so ingenious that he refuses to divert from it?
I think he brought in Sanford for a reason and he should let him call the plays. BK should still be part of the game planning for games but in game let Sanford call the plays.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After 6 years and I don't know how many times in post game press conferences he's trotted out his years of experience, I don't see that happening. Consider this, it has taken him at least 3 years to figure out that he's recruited damn well at OL and is only now trying to rely on his running game, and there is still the sneaking suspicion that the only reason he is is because he doesn't fully trust any of his QB's yet to run the whole offense. He has an offensive system that he's going to live and die by, its that simple.

Yes, he has injected some consistency into the program, and overall has developed players pretty well. But I think recruiting is starting to lag, especially on the defensive side of the ball. When he came in in 2010, he admitted that he would need a strong defense to succeed at ND, and that he could get by in a conference like the Big East by simply outscoring everbody, because he would never get the type of defensive players he would need to succeed there. And yet all the "blue chip" talent seems to be on the offensive side of the ball right now.

As far as playcalling now, I can honestly admit that I was screaming "why God why?" when he lined up for the first 2 pt conversion, so its not a Monday morning QB situation. The announcers said he would need to do it at least one out of 3 series, I just am of the opinion you don't go for two unless you absolutely have to, and the way the offense was playing, I don't think they needed to. Honestly, after the second score, I thought they could have gotten an extra posession to try to kick the game winning fg or score another TD they way they were moving the ball. Were it not for Brown's fumble, (or the missed PI call that preceded it) they might have had that time.

And if I could speculate some more, the failed 2 pt conversion, after screwing around with the TO to pull it off, deflated the team a bit from the momentum swing, which, in turn, allowed them to march back down and kick the fg that was the difference in the game. That last bit is Monday morning QB'ing but just seems to me blowing that 2 pt conversion sucked some air out of the sails.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in the 2015 class most of the top players were on the offensive side of the ball but 3 were defensive and a majority of the next group were defensive players. In 2014 most of the top players were once again offensive players but 4 were defensive including the top player in the class and most of the next tier low 4 stars high 3 stars were defensive players at a 2 to 1 margin.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 6 years and I don't know how many times in post game press conferences he's trotted out his years of experience, I don't see that happening. Consider this, it has taken him at least 3 years to figure out that he's recruited damn well at OL and is only now trying to rely on his running game, and there is still the sneaking suspicion that the only reason he is is because he doesn't fully trust any of his QB's yet to run the whole offense. He has an offensive system that he's going to live and die by, its that simple.

Yes, he has injected some consistency into the program, and overall has developed players pretty well. But I think recruiting is starting to lag, especially on the defensive side of the ball. When he came in in 2010, he admitted that he would need a strong defense to succeed at ND, and that he could get by in a conference like the Big East by simply outscoring everbody, because he would never get the type of defensive players he would need to succeed there. And yet all the "blue chip" talent seems to be on the offensive side of the ball right now.

As far as playcalling now, I can honestly admit that I was screaming "why God why?" when he lined up for the first 2 pt conversion, so its not a Monday morning QB situation. The announcers said he would need to do it at least one out of 3 series, I just am of the opinion you don't go for two unless you absolutely have to, and the way the offense was playing, I don't think they needed to. Honestly, after the second score, I thought they could have gotten an extra posession to try to kick the game winning fg or score another TD they way they were moving the ball. Were it not for Brown's fumble, (or the missed PI call that preceded it) they might have had that time.

And if I could speculate some more, the failed 2 pt conversion, after screwing around with the TO to pull it off, deflated the team a bit from the momentum swing, which, in turn, allowed them to march back down and kick the fg that was the difference in the game. That last bit is Monday morning QB'ing but just seems to me blowing that 2 pt conversion sucked some air out of the sails.

Bold area I agree 100%. That's how I feel. I mean I understand a little with why Kelly did it. At that moment we weren't scoring so why not try and make it a 10 pt game but he had time and even in that case u would go for it on your next TD. Now he also said he thought he would be able to keep them from scoring FG so at 24 he would need 2 2pt conversions but in my opinion u cant play the What If game. U coach the way u usually coach. U wait until u have go for it and not try to read into the future.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly over thinks things far to often.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once he does this, he will be a much better coach. He has good games plans, but he has to realize other teams are going to try and stop his game plan. When they do, he cannot or will not change or adapt. I will say this again. Not using the TE on this team is a big mistake, esp in the 2nd half. Play action will be nice once in awhile. The middle of the field is always open because teams know they are all sideline passes or the deep ball. When they use the middle of the field, they move the ball that much better. Jones is a match up nightmare, use him!!

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once he does this, he will be a much better coach. He has good games plans, but he has to realize other teams are going to try and stop his game plan. When they do, he cannot or will not change or adapt. I will say this again. Not using the TE on this team is a big mistake, esp in the 2nd half. Play action will be nice once in awhile. The middle of the field is always open because teams know they are all sideline passes or the deep ball. When they use the middle of the field, they move the ball that much better. Jones is a match up nightmare, use him!!

Word!