• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck you Cleveland Browns

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if they have fucked it up yet, but they seem to be hell bent on doing so.

QB...they took a guy that MUST be the next Drew Brees to be successful from the pocket, because he ain't fast enough to run around and make plays out of the pocket on a consistent basis at this level.

Clearly this was Dorsey's pick...now it looks like he'll get his HC next year.

Dorsey will get his HC next year? Fuck that! If the Browns start off 0-4 (which wouldn't surprise anyone) Jackson should be fired. Hell, he should have been fired after last years perfect season. But the idiot owner is well an idiot.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks it- but I always hate the next year line at the same time. Will the Browns actually be there if Hue Jackson doesn't go full Hue Jackson?
I'll be interested to see what he does with an actual team this year. I think anything less than 6 wins means he's being fired.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a browns fan, which means you're a dumbfuck
Dude, why are you still talking football? You are a michigan and Lions fan. That's a double-whammy of "I know literally nothing about football".

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL QBs don't see over the linemen most of the time anyhow. They're looking through windows. Baker's left tackle at OU was 6'8". He will be fine with tall linemen.
Out of every single QB in the draft this year, Baker had the fewest passes blocked at the line of scrimmage.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...can't blame him in that regard, go to battle with your own guys. I'm not as high on Mayfield as some others, but If I was a Browns fan I would be moreso questioning leaving Chubb and Fitz on the board for Ward...they could've come back at 33 for a CB.
Chubb they had graded as the second best DE
Fitz would have been just as much of a "reach" as Ward was

I'm not a huge fan of the pick, but if you think your shutdown corner is there and no one is willing to trade up to 4, then you take the CB and are happy with a top 10 talent

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being 6'1" and white doesn't mean he automatically is a failure if he isn't Drew Brees.

Mayfield has great footwork and well above average arm strength (second only to Allen in this class), but his accuracy is elite. He's obviously no stranger to needing to work his ass off to get to where he wants, so I think he's a prospect all of his own.

Garroppolo, Keenum, Tyrod Taylor, Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson, Dalton, are 6'2" or shorter. No reason to think Mayfield can't be just as successful as these guys have been.

In cleats maybe...lol, sorry I couldn't resist.

Much like all black QBs are not great runners...I'm with you there, but I could care less what color he is...he ran around and made plays in CFB...yes or no? If he brings that game to the NFL, he won't last.

Let's hope he's more successful than Dalton, Taylor, Keenum, etc.

Drew Brees became a star in this league and has played this long because he learned early on how to play from the pocket while not being 6'4". Not only Mayfield, but if Watson expects to last beyond his rookie contract...he would do well to watch some of Brees tape as well. Yes, he's the torch bearer for QBs that are not 6"4", or run like deer.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsey will get his HC next year? Fuck that! If the Browns start off 0-4 (which wouldn't surprise anyone) Jackson should be fired. Hell, he should have been fired after last years perfect season. But the idiot owner is well an idiot.
They wanted to show they don't have to fire a coach ever 2 years. We're not going to be a contender in 2018 so it doesn't really matter. I hope it shows other coaches Haslam isnt trigger happy anymore and we are able to land a solid hire next time around :hope:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a huge fan of the pick, but if you think your shutdown corner is there and no one is willing to trade up to 4, they you take the CB and are happy with a top 10 talent
Pretty perfect analysis of the pick. They loved Ward, their trade down packages weren't going to allow them to get him, so they stayed there and kept him. I thought it was a great pick.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wanted to show they don't have to fire a coach ever 2 years. We're not going to be a contender in 2018 so it doesn't really matter. I hope it shows other coaches Haslam isnt trigger happy anymore and we are able to land a solid hire next time around :hope:

Are you insane!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Hue Jackson is the ONLY coach in NFL history to lose 14 games in a row twice. He didn't win a game last year & is 1-31. He should have been fired the minute the season ended last year. Keeping Jackson around is just another example why the Browns are the laughingstock of the league.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty perfect analysis of the pick. They loved Ward, their trade down packages weren't going to allow them to get him, so they stayed there and kept him. I thought it was a great pick.
With Antonio Brown, AJ Green, and now Crabtree in the division it makes sense

Emmanuel Ogbah is still pretty solid opposite of Garret on the DLine and if they really want, their supposed top rusher in Harold Landry is available. With their other holes to fill, it will be interesting to see who they take.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In cleats maybe...lol, sorry I couldn't resist.

Much like all black QBs are not great runners...I'm with you there, but I could care less what color he is...he ran around and made plays in CFB...yes or no? If he brings that game to the NFL, he won't last.

Let's hope he's more successful than Dalton, Taylor, Keenum, etc.

Drew Brees became a star in this league and has played this long because he learned early on how to play from the pocket while not being 6'4". Not only Mayfield, but if Watson expects to last beyond his rookie contract...he would do well to watch some of Brees tape as well. Yes, he's the torch bearer for QBs that are not 6"4", or run like deer.
Probably no more so than Darnold. People think that because he's able to elude pressure really well, that he's automatically wanting to run around all the time. If you actually watch him play, he's not running around. He's throwing from the pocket. He's as accurate as he is because he knows how to dissect defenses and throw through windows.

He will use his footwork to his advantage, but he's not coming to the league trying to be Russell Wilson or Cam Newton.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a huge fan of the pick, but if you think your shutdown corner is there and no one is willing to trade up to 4, they you take the CB and are happy with a top 10 talent

Fair reasoning, everyone doesn't grade players the same.

That said, Chubb was the 1st DE off the board, so whomever THEIR #1 DE was, why not take him. Fitzpatrick All the boards I saw had Fitz as a higher rated player than Ward....they could use a S too, no?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody get Urban on the phone during these picks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the plan was to hopefully trade down a few slots, but they couldn't get anyone to bite so they took the guy they wanted a little early.

I was a little bummed because i had my heart set on taking Chubb at #4. Still, Ward is going to be an immediate impact for their defense and was the best player in the draft at his position. After getting over the initial disappointment, it's not a bad pick.

Tell me about it...PIT took a S most had as a 2/3 rd guy.

If Ward turns out to be that shut down CB in a yr or two...this is a mute point, but if 2 yrs down the road, Chubb is a dbl digit sack guy and Ward has 2 INTs...Dorsey better hope Mayfield is killing it.