• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck you Cleveland Browns

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns doing fine, b. Quit yo bitching. Crying over picking Denzel Ward is the ultimate draft version of crying over spilled milk. If anyone, it's Giants fans who should be apoplectic

Better hope Hyde is better than Crowell for Jackson's sake.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying these things since last night. People forget about Ogbah. He's still a young guy who is getting better. You don't have to spend basically 3 first rounders on defensive ends (Ogbah was pick 32 in 2016). That's stupid.

Ward has all the makings of an elite shutdown CB: His quickness, hip-fluidity and closing burst are all elite. He's not the same size as Richard Sherman, but he's got the physicality. His instincts and ball skills are all high-end. There's no reason he can't turn into a monster at CB, which Cleveland still needs. EJ Gaines is only under a 1 year deal, and Taylor and BBC play the same sort of slot CB position, really, so we needed another outside CB.

There was zero reason to take him #4. My criticism of the pick is not so much the player or passing on Chubb, it's taking Ward at 4 in a LOADED S/CB draft and obviously fucking up not taking Barkley at 1 and Mayfield at 2. Nobody was going to take Mayfield at 2 or 3... kidding me? Even if they did Darnold or Allen would've been there and the Browns liked both, so who cares?

Donte/Joshua Jackson are both on the board and available right now and the Browns are picking 33, 35 tonight. If you're taking a CB/S in the top 5, they better be Ramsey/Berry good... and Ward is not.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was zero reason to take him #4. My criticism of the pick is not so much the player or passing on Chubb, it's taking Ward at 4 in a LOADED S/CB draft and obviously fucking up not taking Barkley at 1 and Mayfield at 2. Nobody was going to take Mayfield at 2 or 3... kidding me? Even if they did Darnold or Allen would've been there and the Browns liked both, so who cares?

Donte/Joshua Jackson are both on the board and available right now and the Browns are picking 33, 35 tonight. If you're taking a CB/S in the top 5, they better be Ramsey/Berry good... and Ward is not.
At some point you're asking the Browns to trade down for the sake of trading down.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point you're asking the Browns to trade down for the sake of trading down.

At some point I'm telling the Browns to trade down because taking Ward at #4 is retarded. The Broncos were not taking him and the Colts weren't either. The Bills were definitely happy with trading up to secure Allen.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaah, the old 49ers QB was the best huh, was Bernie the last of the old Browns?

I thought Campbell was decent and Anderson was decent. Kizer should have been still taking snaps at ND...imo he could develop into a QB. In spite of my bias, I do realize that it takes more than just height to play the position and I'm not even saying these are bad picks, they're just different from what I would've done. Like that really means something...lol

In due time PIT will be looking for a QB also and I'll have the same bias.

Anyway...let's see how these teams finish this off.
I think Vinny was the last of the old Browns.

Campbell was decent at best but Anderson was terrible. In his best season ever he threw 19 INTs. I hated when he was getting lauded as some major QB talent because he had one alternate Pro Bowl selection.

Pittsburgh might be interested later on in this draft. There are some decent projects that can be had later on actually. Upgrading on Landry Jones would definitely be nice.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They loved him and wouldn't be able to get him at the trade down spots they had. He's absolutely an elite prospect, more so than either Jackson or Jaire Alexander. In 3-4 years, they're not going to look back and think "Man, we might have picked Ward too high". He was the consensus top player at a position of desperate need for them.

If they took Barkley 1, yeah Mayfield would be gone at 4. He was heavily linked to the Jets. Had we taken Barkley, that means NYG would've taken Darnold (their top QB), leaving NYJ with Mayfield, who they also really loved. If you love a QB, you take him, no matter what.

I highly doubt Browns fans will look back on this first round with a ton of regrets years down the road. Both picks made sense, unlike the latest misfires with Kessler, Manziel, and Weeden, none of whom are suited to start in the NFL.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#LetMeReactLessIntenselyBySayingIAmNotMadOrUpset

Sure Moose...

tenor.gif

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they took the black QB 1st overall, he would be saying they made a great move

Sorry, thats how it works in this racist world now

I think he may be part black.

FVdoLR.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better hope Hyde is better than Crowell for Jackson's sake.
Good point. It just sucks there isn't another way to get a RB soon... like in the next couple days...

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every pick has felt like a reach. Hope those computer algorithms work.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every pick has felt like a reach. Hope those computer algorithms work.
The only real reach was Thomas. That's one of the dumber picks I've seen. Spent a 3rd rounder on a 5th round talent. He'll be lucky to beat out Carl Nassib.

That said, Mayfield was #1 on several analyst's list of QBs in this draft. Ward, maybe you can say it was a reach, but they weren't going to be able to trade down and get the package back they wanted and still be able to take him, so they stayed there and took him. If he reaches his potential, nobody will give a damn that he was drafted 4th.

I wasn't thrilled about Corbett at first, but it looks like the plan is to play him at LT. He played there for his college career, and while he doesn't have prototypical height, his intangibles are fantastic. They struck gold with Bitonio (who could play LT himself), so I guess they decided to go back to the well of Nevada OL. With the Giants taking a guard right after, there's a chance Cleveland felt they would've lost out on him possibly, so they grabbed him first. If Chubb is healthy, that pick is phenomenal. He's being comped to Jamal Lewis and Jonathan Stewart in his prime. His athletic measurables were only behind Barkley among the RBs, so I like the pick.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Browns, it sounds like they don’t get good football people in there making draft picks... One day it will turn around though, right ownership, right people involved ...

That's what is so strange. They have changed the people making the decisions time and time again, Hell they have even changed owners. Each move was a "New Beginning" and each move ends with the same story.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what the Browns did with the Carson Wentz draft pick haul. Look at this. Stare at it. Think about it. Browns!