• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck you Cleveland Browns

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, dont know about that....The Jets offered more money than the Vikings, and Cousins never even seemed to consider Cleveland......Think winning seemed pretty important to him

Not saying I disagree but with Barkley, cousins, and Chubb. I think they are very close to a playoff

Right now they are better than the jets. Maybe

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns should grab Jackson

Come out of this draft with 2 of the top corners

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have traded back a few spots and still got Ward, that's like giving away a top premium pick. I would have taken Chubb, you just can't pass on pass rushers like that in the NFL

Definitely weird- but if they get Landry today it looks substantially less weird if it was part of an overall plan.

There must not have been anyone willing to trade with them. Reportedly, the Bills were looking to move up but the Browns' asking price was way too high.

In the end, if you have your guy slotted, even if you have to reach a little for him, you pull the trigger.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There must not have been anyone willing to trade with them. Reportedly, the Bills were looking to move up but the Browns' asking price was way too high.

In the end, if you have your guy slotted, even if you have to reach a little for him, you pull the trigger.
I think the Browns probably wanted the Bills two 1sts and then some. With the Bills being reticent to give up both 1sts which actually looked really smart until... they picked Josh Allen over Rosen which is one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen a team make.

How in the world can a team pass over Mahomes, Watson, Rosen, and Jackson for Josh Allen? That kind of meth must be incredible.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought there was no way the Browns could duck this draft up.

And they turn around and fuck it up.

IDK if they have fucked it up yet, but they seem to be hell bent on doing so.

QB...they took a guy that MUST be the next Drew Brees to be successful from the pocket, because he ain't fast enough to run around and make plays out of the pocket on a consistent basis at this level.

Clearly this was Dorsey's pick...now it looks like he'll get his HC next year.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB...they took a guy that MUST be the next Drew Brees to be successful from the pocket, because he ain't fast enough to run around and make plays out of the pocket on a consistent basis at this level.

Yeah, seeing that Mayfield was the pick. Dorsey rules the Browns with an iron fist save for the owner himself.

That much is obvious now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold Landry is too tempting. There will be good DB's in spots the Browns draft next year and beyond. Not so sure about passrushers.
Next year's crop of pass rushers is going to be elite. Nick Bosa, Rashan Gary, Clellin Farrell, Raekwon Davis should all be considered top 10-top 15 talents.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year's crop of pass rushers is going to be elite. Nick Bosa, Rashan Gary, Clellin Farrell, Raekwon Davis should all be considered top 10-top 15 talents.
Looks it- but I always hate the next year line at the same time. Will the Browns actually be there if Hue Jackson doesn't go full Hue Jackson?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, seeing that Mayfield was the pick. Dorsey rules the Browns with an iron fist save for the owner himself.

That much is obvious now.

Yep...can't blame him in that regard, go to battle with your own guys. I'm not as high on Mayfield as some others, but If I was a Browns fan I would be moreso questioning leaving Chubb and Fitz on the board for Ward...they could've come back at 33 for a CB.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Being 6'1" and white doesn't mean he automatically is a failure if he isn't Drew Brees.

Mayfield has great footwork and well above average arm strength (second only to Allen in this class), but his accuracy is elite. He's obviously no stranger to needing to work his ass off to get to where he wants, so I think he's a prospect all of his own.

Garroppolo, Keenum, Tyrod Taylor, Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson, Dalton, are 6'2" or shorter. No reason to think Mayfield can't be just as successful as these guys have been.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...can't blame him in that regard, go to battle with your own guys. I'm not as high on Mayfield as some others, but If I was a Browns fan I would be moreso questioning leaving Chubb and Fitz on the board for Ward...they could've come back at 33 for a CB.

Looks like the plan was to hopefully trade down a few slots, but they couldn't get anyone to bite so they took the guy they wanted a little early.

I was a little bummed because i had my heart set on taking Chubb at #4. Still, Ward is going to be an immediate impact for their defense and was the best player in the draft at his position. After getting over the initial disappointment, it's not a bad pick.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being 6'1" and white doesn't mean he automatically is a failure if he isn't Drew Brees.

Mayfield has great footwork and well above average arm strength (second only to Allen in this class), but his accuracy is elite. He's obviously no stranger to needing to work his ass off to get to where he wants, so I think he's a prospect all of his own.

Garroppolo, Keenum, Tyrod Taylor, Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson, Dalton, are 6'2" or shorter. No reason to think Mayfield can't be just as successful as these guys have been.

NFL QBs don't see over the linemen most of the time anyhow. They're looking through windows. Baker's left tackle at OU was 6'8". He will be fine with tall linemen.