• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck the bullshit, it's about that time

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get up a couple of scores and that 1960's offense is toast.

You haven't watched Alabama play much lately have you?

I'd love to have a 1960's offense again honestly. I hate living on big plays.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bamabear82

You had that kiddo yet? Or is the lady due around Sept 2? ;)

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't watched Alabama play much lately have you?

I'd love to have a 1960's offense again honestly. I hate living on big plays.

I was at the BAMA USC game last year week 1 in Jerry World. Man was that awesome - like a NFL playoff game. And a good game until the 2nd quarter. Wish this game was in Dallas and not ATL.

I expect your QB to better. Ours too. I'm sure the BAMA D will be solid, the question here is our Oline and will the Noles bring a consistent effort with no bonehead plays/flags. FSU defense should be pretty good. Saban has his team under control a bit more than Jimbo tho.

And then there's the Jimbo pass happy factor. Like last year :L FSU was up 8 after the 3rd quarter and FSU had 2 TDs in the 3rd quarter of that game on 2 touches. Cook took it to the house both times from 40 and 70 yards.. and then the 4th quarter we started passing the ball

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the BAMA USC game last year week 1 in Jerry World. Man was that awesome - like a NFL playoff game. And a good game until the 2nd quarter. Wish this game was in Dallas and not ATL.

I expect your QB to better. Ours too. I'm sure the BAMA D will be solid, the question here is our Oline and will the Noles bring a consistent effort with no bonehead plays/flags. FSU defense should be pretty good. Saban has his team under control a bit more than Jimbo tho.

And then there's the Jimbo pass happy factor. Like last year :L FSU was up 8 after the 3rd quarter and FSU had 2 TDs in the 3rd quarter of that game on 2 touches. Cook took it to the house both times from 40 and 70 yards.. and then the 4th quarter we started passing the ball

Last year we lived on the big plays too much. We weren't able to sustain long 8+ play drives very often. And we've been passing so much lately we have a "RTDB" saying. Kiffin was the worst about calling pass plays to kill drives. Get a couple of first downs and then it was "pass, pass, pass, punt".

But we would score lots of points on big plays, and we won many games that way. But against Clemson it bite us in the butt and our defense played 99 plays as Clemson controlled the clock all game with sustained drives.

It was pretty much higlighted in the Clemson loss no better than Hurts ran for a TD towards the end on a big play, but then Clemson gets the ball back and marches right down the field, running out the clock and winning the game.

Didn't help that Sark apparently forgot we had 2nd and 3rd string RB's once Bo got hurt.

So I'm hoping this year we have more of that "1960's offense" going. Will be interesting to see, we've had a lot of staff turnover this offseason.

Should be a good one, but I hope you lose by 50.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year we lived on the big plays too much. We weren't able to sustain long 8+ play drives very often. And we've been passing so much lately we have a "RTDB" saying. Kiffin was the worst about calling pass plays to kill drives. Get a couple of first downs and then it was "pass, pass, pass, punt".

But we would score lots of points on big plays, and we won many games that way. But against Clemson it bite us in the butt and our defense played 99 plays as Clemson controlled the clock all game with sustained drives.

It was pretty much higlighted in the Clemson loss no better than Hurts ran for a TD towards the end on a big play, but then Clemson gets the ball back and marches right down the field, running out the clock and winning the game.

Didn't help that Sark apparently forgot we had 2nd and 3rd string RB's once Bo got hurt.

So I'm hoping this year we have more of that "1960's offense" going. Will be interesting to see, we've had a lot of staff turnover this offseason.

Nothing I hate more than watching us pass the ball over and over while being loaded at RB. Our young QB got drilled alot last year because of it.

I'm sure we will lose by 50 :heh:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Making Hurts beat you was Clemsons plan and a good one because while he's a tremendous athlete and has a great arm to hit Wrs on long plays where the Wrs athleticism helps , he's not precise as a passer and and thats why it's hard to get long drives. Or at least he wasn't last season. Gonna be interesting to see if he's worked on that. Being dual threat a lot of times means they aren't as polished as a passer.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mv5a_f-maxage-0.gif

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making Hurts beat you was Clemsons plan and a good one because while he's a tremendous athlete and has a great arm to hit Wrs on long plays where the Wrs athleticism helps , he's not precise as a passer and and thats why it's hard to get long drives. Or at least he wasn't last season. Gonna be interesting to see if he's worked on that. Being dual threat a lot of times means they aren't as polished as a passer.
He was at the Manning camp recently and they raved about the kid. Said he has improved over last year in many ways. I think the new OC having access to Brady has helped with Hurts and the new QB. I look forward to seeing what this year brings offense wise. We have some top weapons now that could yield big numbers and sustained drives all at the same time.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was at the Manning camp recently and they raved about the kid. Said he has improved over last year in many ways. I think the new OC having access to Brady has helped with Hurts and the new QB. I look forward to seeing what this year brings offense wise. We have some top weapons now that could yield big numbers and sustained drives all at the same time.

That's cool. He has the arm to make any throw. It's going to bring your offense up another notch if this kid can drop back and hit his second or third read right as they break.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is stealing garbage cans to feed that kid later on. Bastige stole my garbage can two nights ago. My new one is metal and hooked to a 110 outlet.
Never said who's trash he's taking.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he's prolly got a 3 mile hike to take out the trash
Don't blame him if he made it a 10 mile hike with a pregnant bear at home.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my usual saturday around the Noles game. Get the smoker going about 225 at 10am and throw these bad boys on with some boudin.

Good shit

2780284_orig.jpg

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only seen two ways Bama gets beat under Saban

1. Punch them in the mouth early and take them out of their game plan.

2. Have the depth to rotate fresh bigs and not get worn down.

You forgot the 3rd way:
Put in a truck at QB and have Ezekiel Elliot at RB