• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU vs Louisville

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who I should be pulling for......

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idseer;5795199[B said:
]nd is already out of the running [/B]so i'm pulling for cardinals .... up 14-0 in 2nd qtr.

Not officially

Lots of football to be played

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a lot of help....but beating a ranked ASU, Louisville, and possibly USC can only help our cause.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who I should be pulling for......

I was thinking the same thing, but we play louisville still and Florida st is impossible to cheer for. So go Cards!

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be in nd's interest for fsu to win. not the other way around. if fsu loses they'll still be ahead of nd.

Not getting blown out like they are right now. We lost to them on the road because of a judgement call. They're getting blown out.

Plus...1993.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be in nd's interest for fsu to win. not the other way around. if fsu loses they'll still be ahead of nd.

It would be better for L'Ville to win

We still play them later this year, and it'll add another quality win to the resume.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the positive guys.

If FSU lose & Lousiville wins out that is another good win on our resume

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win against FSU, they should be 8-2 and a top 15 team when they come to South Bend

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose, we have one more unranked opponent.

Yeah but if they win out and lose to us, they should be 8-4 and probably top 25. This team is good. All of their losses been close games. A 2 point loss to UVA, a 6 point L to Clemson when they had the ball at the 2 to win it, and now this.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they shit the bed. After that pick and fumble, all momentum was lost

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nd is already out of the running so i'm pulling for cardinals .... up 14-0 in 2nd qtr.

I sometimes wonder who abused you as a child. I get the skepticism about ND football, they've certainly earned it, but sometimes its over the top. This is ND Nation level misery on display here. They have a tough road but to declare now they are already out of it is a bit of a stretch.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but if they win out and lose to us, they should be 8-4 and probably top 25. This team is good. All of their losses been close games. A 2 point loss to UVA, a 6 point L to Clemson when they had the ball at the 2 to win it, and now this.

I think the committee only looks at record. A 4 loss team is a 4 loss team. Without any quality wins, they may not get ranked. Our problem is that what looked like one of the toughest schedules in the country may end up with 0 or 1 team ranked in the top 20. While a win for stanford over Oregon is important, it's not because it makes our win look better, it's because it would give Oregon their second loss.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sometimes wonder who abused you as a child. I get the skepticism about ND football, they've certainly earned it, but sometimes its over the top. This is ND Nation level misery on display here. They have a tough road but to declare now they are already out of it is a bit of a stretch.

sorry to disappoint but ... no abuse. i see nothing that is over top with my statement. if it isn't obvious to you that the powers that be have no intention to include nd as one of the top four then i suggest that is your problem. is it impossible that nd join the playoffs? no. is it REAL unlikely? your damned right! i've maintained ever since the loss that nd will need lots of help to make it (unlike the rosey glassed crowd that said all they have to do is win out and they're IN!). but after seeing their positioning (no matter how good they looked against fsu) there is no practical way they will make it. and i don't think it's much of a stretch to say so.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry to disappoint but ... no abuse. i see nothing that is over top with my statement. if it isn't obvious to you that the powers that be have no intention to include nd as one of the top four then i suggest that is your problem. is it impossible that nd join the playoffs? no. is it REAL unlikely? your damned right! i've maintained ever since the loss that nd will need lots of help to make it (unlike the rosey glassed crowd that said all they have to do is win out and they're IN!). but after seeing their positioning (no matter how good they looked against fsu) there is no practical way they will make it. and i don't think it's much of a stretch to say so.

All I said was, there's a lot of football to be played yet. I agree, winning out isn't enough, we need help in front of us. That said, if in 3-4 weeks, we still haven't dropped a game, but teams ahead of us have, or have had piss-poor showings, then I am with you. Throwing in the towel in week 8 is just stupid though, and there's nothing "rose colored" about pointing that out.

PS, admit it, you're a card carrying member of Rock's House, aren't you?

Last edited by a moderator:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I said was, there's a lot of football to be played yet. I agree, winning out isn't enough, we need help in front of us. That said, if in 3-4 weeks, we still haven't dropped a game, but teams ahead of us have, or have had piss-poor showings, then I am with you. Throwing in the towel in week 8 is just stupid though, and there's nothing "rose colored" about pointing that out.

PS, admit it, you're a card carrying member of Rock's House, aren't you?

what we're talking about here is some puffed up tourney that the ncaa wants very badly to work. i haven't thrown in the towel unless you narrowly define the towel as being the tourney. nd has looked very bad and very good this year but no matter where they end up i am all in for every game. i'm just more realistic than you. maybe i've had my heart broken a lot more than you have between notre dame and the chicago white sox but i think i fairly well know the writing on the wall (in this case that drop to #10) when i see it. with you hope must spring eternal. either way que sara sara. ps .... until you asked i had never heard of rock's house

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what we're talking about here is some puffed up tourney that the ncaa wants very badly to work. i haven't thrown in the towel unless you narrowly define the towel as being the tourney. nd has looked very bad and very good this year but no matter where they end up i am all in for every game. i'm just more realistic than you. maybe i've had my heart broken a lot more than you have between notre dame and the chicago white sox but i think i fairly well know the writing on the wall (in this case that drop to #10) when i see it. with you hope must spring eternal. either way que sara sara. ps .... until you asked i had never heard of rock's house

The Sox just won a World Series in '05, quit bitching.

As for ND "looking very bad", I haven't seen that yet. You're being dramatic, as always. Notre Dame has had games where they've looked less than impressive, but at no time this season have they "looked very bad".