• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU vs. Duke - What's the final?

How bad does FSU beat Duke, or do they?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know FSU has the capacity to make this a laugher.

I'm going to say it's closer than 14 points, though. Duke's offense is really good and they've been a second-half team all season. I can see them putting a couple in the end zone after FSU lets off the gas late, like Rmilia said.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully :

Duke anything
FSU less then anything!

:yahoo:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU by a gozillion. Mercy rule will be invoked at the end of the first half. Continuous clock after halftime, FSU will not be allowed to run any mis direction, pass or sweep plays. Fullback dives between the tackles. Kick offs will not be played, just placing the ball on the 40 for Duke. Noles will only be allowed to use 10 guys on defense, one of which must be a punter, first year player. Duke will be awarded 1 point for every positive yard gained and 3 points for every first down.

Yeah, it's gonna be ugly.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking something around 45-24 FSU with a garbage TD by Duke.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please define running up the score....

Do you mean playing hard for 3 full quarters in a CCG that sends a team to the NATTY and then getting the 3rd team in?

Cmon, Duke is a great story but are so far overmatched its ridiculous.

I think my score prediction is conservative and would be them doing the exact opposite of running up the score.

Does Duke have 1 player position to position that would start for FSU? For that matter make the Noles 2nd team? Serious question.

I think anyone who sees this game as close is over thinking it.

Jamison Crowder would probably be a starter for FSU. Duke isn't nearly as talented as FSU but it's not like they have a team full of players that went to Duke because there only other offers were Eastern Kentucky Community College.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know FSU has the capacity to make this a laugher.

I'm going to say it's closer than 14 points, though. Duke's offense is really good and they've been a second-half team all season. I can see them putting a couple in the end zone after FSU lets off the gas late, like Rmilia said.

Nothing Duke has done makes me think their offense is "really good". That's just my opinion, but I think FSU should win this game 48-10 or something like that.

I think it will be closer, like 35-17 or something, but only because it's a conference championship game, the weather is bad, and FSU knows they're head and shoulders above Duke.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing Duke has done makes me think their offense is "really good". That's just my opinion, but I think FSU should win this game 48-10 or something like that.

I think it will be closer, like 35-17 or something, but only because it's a conference championship game, the weather is bad, and FSU knows they're head and shoulders above Duke.

Remove the bold. That is not a problem this year. The weather could be a factor, but that will be for both teams. Too many matchup nightmares for Duke on defense.

Edit: Just pulled up the weather maps and the futurecast is actually looking really good now. No rain until late. As for now up until 9pm it is showing no rain in Charlotte. Hope that stands true.

Last edited by a moderator:

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit: Just pulled up the weather maps and the futurecast is actually looking really good now. No rain until late. As for now up until 9pm it is showing no rain in Charlotte. Hope that stands true.

UNA lost a razor-close one in North Carolina today, dashing their NC hopes. Hope that's not a portent for FSU.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNA lost a razor-close one in North Carolina today, dashing their NC hopes. Hope that's not a portent for FSU.

Nope. Not a problem.

Just looked up everything for the game. Will be in 48 when kickoff and 46 by the end of the game with no rain showing at all. This bodes well for FSU.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remove the bold. That is not a problem this year. The weather could be a factor, but that will be for both teams. Too many matchup nightmares for Duke on defense.

It's cold and rainy here, so I guess I just assumed it would be in Charlotte. I'm about 2 hours away. FSU hasn't overlooked an opponent all year, I understand that, I just think it will be closer than it should be. I think this week was the most the media has talked about FSU all year, and I think it could get to them. I still think FSU wins, just not by as much as they should.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cold and rainy here, so I guess I just assumed it would be in Charlotte. I'm about 2 hours away. FSU hasn't overlooked an opponent all year, I understand that, I just think it will be closer than it should be. I think this week was the most the media has talked about FSU all year, and I think it could get to them. I still think FSU wins, just not by as much as they should.

Your joking right? This week has been? No the last 4 weeks have been the same s far as the media attention. Every paper, magazine, and website had articles every day on the Winton thing and what impact it could have on the FSU team. No different this week. Notice that just like every otherweek thy have allowed minimal pressers of the players? This will not be a problem. Might be tight in the 1st quarter, but by the end of the game it should end up like every other game.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
44 - 14 FSU

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke will win in one of the biggest upsets ever!