• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU Jimbo Gone

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hide and watch: if Fisher ends up at aTm he'll be one of the most hated coaches in the SEC. And it will be interesting to see how that ends up on the recruiting trail and when little tidbits get passed on to the NCAA. Some guys just don't play well with other. Invite Jimbo Fisher to your Christmas dinner and you shouldn't be surprised if he sticks his dick in the mashed potatoes.

Well, he'll have a hard time getting past MY dick...maybe he can try the cranberry sauce, or something

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They offered Chip 1st.

True - but the difference between the idea of what Chip did at Oregon, and what Dan was doing this year at Miss St made me think it was quite settling, but I see your point.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and then they went after Frost but Frost refused the interview. Mullen was #3.

Frost is in a great position, he's doing fine at UCF and has a chance to name his salary - at any university - in a couple more seasons. He shouldn't bolt too early; don't look like you're the guy who will just up and leave for the next big thing.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost is in a great position, he's doing fine at UCF and has a chance to name his salary - at any university - in a couple more seasons. He shouldn't bolt too early; don't look like you're the guy who will just up and leave for the next big thing.

Frost is going to Nebraska.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Florida had to settle.

UT also has no one, they are just desperately trying to settle on someone that isn't Butch Jones.

And frost went to Nebraska

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Art briles

Art briles

Art briles
Art briles

Art briles

Art briles

Art briles

Art briles
Art briles

Art briles
Art briles

Art briles

Art briles

Art briles

Art briles

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd NEVER hire a guy like Fisher......

EVERY good season he has and he's going to flirt around with another program......his pay won't matter. Your facilities won't matter. He's just a selfish asshole that wants as much as he can get, and you'll end up really stupid if you keep paying him.

Then there's the entire way his team collapsed this year. I mean those kids flat out QUIT. That's on coaching......those kids probably knew Fish was looking around.

He spent all year talking about loyalty to the program, but HE was never loyal. What an ass. I can't WAIT for him to fail at Aggy

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EVERY good season he has and he's going to flirt around with another program......his pay won't matter. Your facilities won't matter. He's just a selfish asshole that wants as much as he can get, and you'll end up really stupid if you keep paying him.

Then there's the entire way his team collapsed this year. I mean those kids flat out QUIT. That's on coaching......those kids probably knew Fish was looking around.

He spent all year talking about loyalty to the program, but HE was never loyal. What an ass. I can't WAIT for him to fail at Aggy

Guy just overplayed his hand. You can pull this s hit a couple times. You can't do it 3 years in a row and you don't do it with 5 wins and a .500 ACC record over the last 20 games. He burned bridges. They finally said shut up and coach or walk. Jimbo isn't the type to eat humble pie, so he pretty much has to go. It's a pretty amazing story for a guy that won a title 5 years ago.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol...

Tallahassee Democrat posted a list of 5 potential coaches for FSU.

In no particular order they were...Willie Taggart, Charlie Strong, Justin Fuente, Lane Kiffin
and Jeff Brohm.

At the end of the article they noted that Scott Frost wasn't on that list, because all their
sources say he is a done deal to Nebraska.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy just overplayed his hand. You can pull this s hit a couple times. You can't do it 3 years in a row and you don't do it with 5 wins and a .500 ACC record over the last 20 games. He burned bridges. They finally said shut up and coach or walk. Jimbo isn't the type to eat humble pie, so he pretty much has to go. It's a pretty amazing story for a guy that won a title 5 years ago.

Read this...

If FSU's Jimbo Fisher leaves for Texas A&M cash grab, his Seminoles legacy is ruined

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong hates FSUx. He said so. Maybe he'll take the job, infiltrate and destroy just to make Gators like him even more.

FSU needs to court NFL corches, IMO...I wish UF had. There is plenty of talent around for recruiting. The problem has been player development with bad mgmt. Besides, Free Shoes U has always been mostly a pro program this millennium.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odd. All of a sudden I'm excited about getting Jimbo in College Station.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a link that will give a bit of credence to the op.

FSU expects clarity from Fisher-Texas A&M courtship on Thursday

Obviously, they are going to force his hand.

This is not without precedent at FSU. This was done with Bowden in 1986.
He was still pondering the Bama job, but he was irked because Bama wanted a
resume.

Boosters worked behind the scenes and then went to his house and told him..."we want
you to stay, but we can't let this drag out. We have locked down Schellenberger (sp?)
to replace you, but he has to know by morning...are you staying or are you going?"

They did have Howie locked up. They were not bluffing. Because of UF's sins with Pell
we had dominated recruiting with all of UF's NCAA sanctions. We were loaded.

Bobby stayed...and in '87 began to rewrite history.

These are probably different people, but I'm hoping they have the same game plan.
If we have somebody locked up...make the stand and force the issue.

Enough is enough.
So FSU is really a stepping stone program for Head Coaches. Interesting.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3