• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU Jimbo Gone

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro I ain't even mad that he's gone, but you go ahead and think that! :thumb:
crying_indian-op.jpg

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is leaving a program with a recent tradition of playing for and winning national titles
He is leaving a fertile recruiting ground
He is leaving a football obsessed deep pocketed program
He is leaving essentially a relatively straightfoward pathway to national title games every year
For a lesser program
For a trickier pathway to success
For a place with even more delusional impatient boosters

When people say its not about the MONEY, it is always about the MONEY.
Jimbo would have taken the UTEP job if they offered him 8 million per year instead of A&M's 7.5 million.

What a magnificent Greedy Fucking Bastard. Tip your cap for Jimbo making it rain

Divorce is expensive man, he probably looked at his payments in this glorious state of Florida and decided he needed to double up just to stay even.

Plus, it's 75 mil guaranteed, for 75 guaranteed Satan could have called him to coach his pickup lunch basketball team and he would have gone.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So A&M has absolutely nothing to lose is what you are saying. I mean, we are mired in mediocrity so what is there to lose but money and money is pretty easy to replace.
True enough

Terrible contract tho. But it seems you guys love negotiating contracts that you get the short end of.

Good luck

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like TB after we stole Chief.

Wonder if he sticks around.

To be fair NOBODY in Louisiana really cared that you took Chief.......question is, do you realistically want to keep him? I can't say he's done a ton for your defense. They're better, but not by a whole lot

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of funny. Rumors circling that FSU players went to AD to say if Jimbo stays they are transfering. Holy s hit, if true.

1st day on the job and one of their best recruits decommits. Funny, but annoying. O'Neal is likely OU bound now

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True enough

Terrible contract tho. But it seems you guys love negotiating contracts that you get the short end of.

Good luck
Yeah. Our old AD got had. Which is why we hired this guy. At LSU he hired Saban and Jimbo then Les Miles. Then he went to Washington and hired Peterson. Then came to A&M and hired Jimbo again. This new AD is quite good at building programs.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair NOBODY in Louisiana really cared that you took Chief.......question is, do you realistically want to keep him? I can't say he's done a ton for your defense. They're better, but not by a whole lot
Chiefs contract is up after the bowl game. Only coach I could see Jimbo keeping would be the S&C coach.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs contract is up after the bowl game. Only coach I could see Jimbo keeping would be the S&C coach.

Should keep that goofy looking DL coach. Looks like a Klump, but he can recruit

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the more overrated coaches in recent history.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the more overrated coaches in recent history.

There is a small chance that Jimbo gets significantly better recruits than he already gets at FSU, but his schedule is going to get a whole lot harder. Not sure what he is expecting. But if his shit didnt work in the ACC, it sure as hell wont work in the SEC.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stunning move to say the least, I never thought it would actually happen

Texas A&M will be better at least, but did anyone notice he has to face both Swinney and Saban the next two years??

By the way two home and homes that got a lot more interesting with these coaching moves

Clemson/Texas A&M, Oklahoma/UCLA

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas A&M will be better at least, but did anyone notice he has to face both Swinney and Saban the next two years??

By the way two home and homes that got a lot more interesting with these coaching moves

And Malzahn

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You didn't see the videos of fans taunting Jimbo them. I don't blame his ass when retarding idiots can't understand there are down years and injuries can kill you.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't see the videos of fans taunting Jimbo them. I don't blame his ass when retarding idiots can't understand there are down years and injuries can kill you.

I've seen those, didn't think he would actually leave because of it