• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Franklin Hired

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait to see him in action. He has a great QB in Hack and some good weapons on offense. Lets see who he brings in and how this staff sorts its self out.

WE ARE...PENN STATE

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope your assistants have good looking wives.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not even sure what irish is getting at here.. how many young football coaches have unattractive wives anyway?

Looks like this newly formed compensation committee is holding things up. an offer was made weds & the quickest that the BOT could get together on a telephone conf call is Saturday? Just another instance of our trustees being idiots. U cant give him time to change his mind (which i doubt he will) but still..

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not even sure what irish is getting at here.. how many young football coaches have unattractive wives anyway?

Looks like this newly formed compensation committee is holding things up. an offer was made weds & the quickest that the BOT could get together on a telephone conf call is Saturday? Just another instance of our trustees being idiots. U cant give him time to change his mind (which i doubt he will) but still..

Sorry, his big "scandal" at Vandy was when he came out and said he would only hire assistant coaches with good looking wives. His position was that if they can't recruit a good looking wife, how could they recruit a decent high school football player. I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. But after you make a statement like that, and then fire an assistant coach (for any reason), everyone starts looking at the coach's wife, to see if she is good looking.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

Forgot the line from moneyball "Ugly girlfriend means no confidence."

Its kinda true though and its all in good fun

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and, for the record, I am in favor of hot coaches wives being seen around the program :-)

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't wait for the curb stomping UMD gets on a yearly basis. I live in MD and like UMD athletics, but how they treated Franklin as "coach to be" after fridge and then let him go, I'm not a fan of. Not to mention I will get to hear on the radio about how PSU crushed UMD :)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't wait for the curb stomping UMD gets on a yearly basis. I live in MD and like UMD athletics, but how they treated Franklin as "coach to be" after fridge and then let him go, I'm not a fan of. Not to mention I will get to hear on the radio about how PSU crushed UMD :)

:agree: I live in MD too and am a basketball fan. I can't go to hard on them though, some of our kids our kids from Suitland are there on the football and basketball teams.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I live in MD too and am a basketball fan. I can't go to hard on them though, some of our kids our kids from Suitland are there on the football and basketball teams.

Don't get me wrong, I wish them the best. Win every game and then just get crushed vs. PSU. 11-1 is not bad by any means. Especially if they are beating OSU and Mich :)

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was posted in a thread on the college football forum. Its a Nashville sports talk show. It's pretty telling and really makes you feel for Vandy fans after what we just went through with LOB
[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/nashsportsradio/breaking-news-james-franklin[/SOUNDCLOUD]

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I feel bad listening to this clip is for the Vandy people. I think JF had full intentions to stay at Vandy, and when L'OB left that opened up his dream job. He probably met with Joyner to gauge interest and when Golden decided to stay at UM then he garnered a lot more interest. That's a tough spot to be put in. Imagine you have a girlfriend/boyfriend who you really like, but then the girl of your dreams comes and wants to be with you. Sure some can just break it off, but others who are emotional like JF is, its tough to have a clean break. He has a lot of emotions for Vandy, but PSU is where he probably always wanted to go, and wants to go about it while not burning bridges. I think this whole thing is a mess, but I can't judge JF character too much, because I think the important people at Vandy really know and just won't say a thing until JF is on the podium tomorrow.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00