• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ford Childress out of WVU

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports saying Childress will seek transfer.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to want to stay around when the coach who recruited you tells the world that you are too stupid to play his offense.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more
WVU football: QB Ford Childress no longer with Mountaineers* - Sports - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

I think the writing was on the wall when he didn't win the starting job outright last fall BEFORE the injury, that and it looks like Dana is now after a mobile QB, which he is far far from being. Good luck to him.

Some are saying he was suspended and did not want to enroll, I think the worst thing that happened to him was Trickett coming to WVU.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I read the same thing yesterday... he was facing an academic suspension. The young man has certainly been through some adversity. Losing his father, a DUI.... a torn pectoral that cannot be repaired. I feel sorry for him. He may never throw another pass as well as he did before the injury. I wish him luck.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to want to stay around when the coach who recruited you tells the world that you are too stupid to play his offense.

Not quite sure it was exactly said like that but the way you interpret things shouldn't surprise anyone. Are you saying that a coach cannot say a player is slow picking up the system? I wish Childress will.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite sure it was exactly said like that but the way you interpret things shouldn't surprise anyone. Are you saying that a coach cannot say a player is slow picking up the system? I wish Childress will.

I never heard DH say this about Childress, if I remember correctly Childress was going to be the starter even after the UMD game.

This was probably discussed at the weekly Luck-DH meeting on how to destroy WVU...:L

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never heard DH say this about Childress, if I remember correctly Childress was going to be the starter even after the UMD game.

This was probably discussed at the weekly Luck-DH meeting on how to destroy WVU...:L

No doubt. I went back to attempt to find the posts that were earlier in the season discussing the QB situation. I was in the minority wanting Mallard to QB and allow Childress to learn the system, then Trickett came in and Childress was hurt.

BB posted this:

Dana has repeatedly indicated Ford had all the tools, but had a ways to go to become his starting QB.

Among the many issues included...

1. Knowledge of the plays.
2. Communication with the sideline.
3. Correctly identifying defense and checking into correct play.
4. Forcing passes into coverage.

Issues which were not mentioned, but my gut feels were contributing....

1. Poor work ethic.
2. Leadership qualities.

Which I do not see any negativity; however, it was placed after a Poppy post in support of Childress.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I went back to attempt to find the posts that were earlier in the season discussing the QB situation. I was in the minority wanting Mallard to QB and allow Childress to learn the system, then Trickett came in and Childress was hurt.

BB posted this:

Dana has repeatedly indicated Ford had all the tools, but had a ways to go to become his starting QB.

Among the many issues included...

1. Knowledge of the plays.
2. Communication with the sideline.
3. Correctly identifying defense and checking into correct play.
4. Forcing passes into coverage.

Issues which were not mentioned, but my gut feels were contributing....

1. Poor work ethic.
2. Leadership

Which I do not see any negativity; however, it was placed after a Poppy post in support of Childress.

Honestly I think Millard is solid footwork away from being a solid QB.....only thing on Childres I can say is he must not have wanted it bad enough...if grades were his issue the it did not matter where he went to school.

I have no inside information, but I still am sticking to my guy gut feeling Trickett was not the best influence on this team or Childress.

fact is DH is 0-4 of QB recruits, he needs someone to step up and take charge of this team.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think Millard is solid footwork away from being a solid QB.....only thing on Childres I can say is he must not have wanted it bad enough...if grades were his issue the it did not matter where he went to school.

I have no inside information, but I still am sticking to my guy gut feeling Trickett was not the best influence on this team or Childress.

fact is DH is 0-4 of QB recruits, he needs someone to step up and take charge of this team.

Millard definitely needs some additional work which was evident against OU. Short armed a lot of passes and could have placed himself in a position to win that game. He is the Alex Smith or Trent Dilfer of college football. He needs to be a manager of the game and not selected as the one who will win it or lose it. If the JUCO player steps up, then Millard will be a backup again.

Trickett definitely has guts and has picked himself up off the turf many of times. I feel he did not show a fiery leadership quality and, like you, I wonder how he interacted with Childress and Millard, let alone the receivers. Somebody on the offense side of the ball needs to stand up and lead.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is that he was going on academic probation and would be going the JUCO route for a year and then try to get back with Spivital at Texas a&a.

He has the physical tools, but I question the mental side. Sounds like he would have easily been the starter if he grasped the offense better. DUI academic probation, does not sound like the brightest bulb of the bunch. Trickett knew the offense better after coming in the summer than ford knew in a year. Not to mention whether he will ever recover from his torn pec muscle to be effective again, he should have stayed in school and earned his degree. Hopefully we make good use of his scholly.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I read the same thing yesterday... he was facing an academic suspension. The young man has certainly been through some adversity. Losing his father, a DUI.... a torn pectoral that cannot be repaired. I feel sorry for him. He may never throw another pass as well as he did before the injury. I wish him luck.
I thought that was Millard that lost his dad.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford signed ant Trinity Valley CC in Texas...Not sure what is going to be different at other colleges you still need to make the grade.