• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For all you hand-wringing, pantshatting doomsayers with bloodstains on your panties...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who tf looks at standing in mid April?
I TF do. Because all you pantshatters, you included, are choosing to die with every pitch when it doesn't go your way, and all the "projections" of how the season will end based on the record so far, when the reality is that we are not in that bad of a shape. Shameful.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I TF do. Because all you pantshatters, you included, are choosing to die with every pitch when it doesn't go your way, and all the "projections" of how the season will end based on the record so far, when the reality is that we are not in that bad of a shape. Shameful.
The projections of the season record, for me at least, and I assume everyone else, stems from something someone continually said back in the Disney days (“If the season ended today…”).

Projecting out an expected win total based on 2 weeks of play is OBVIOUSLY beyond stupid. That’s why we (I) do it. This is why I do t look at standings until late May at the earliest, but still try not to be too worried about standings until the ASB or so.

this forum is drenched in inside jokes and sarcasm.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fully obnoxed.

Laugh Laughing GIF by SWR3

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm the idiot that posts the projected win-loss record after every game. It is purely out of the desire to be obnoxious. Is it working?
Then I am in good company. Birds of a feather and all that.

Goes to show that in a crowd, it just takes one or two rabblerousers to stir up the whole pot.

Not that that has any implications to any recent historical events.

:usa2:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I am in good company. Birds of a feather and all that.

Goes to show that in a crowd, it just takes one or two rabblerousers to stir up the whole pot.

Not that that has any implications to any recent historical events.

:usa2:
I will say that I lean toward early season meltdowns toward adversity in the season and have to work on staying positive. When I was a teenager, I was really bad about bailing on the season when the team went through a rough patch.
Now? I remind myself that the season is young and a lot of baseball is yet to be played.

As for politics, I think we would agree greatly on some things and disagree on others. I try to keep my political views off this forum. I've read the political forums a bit and have decided its not worth the time posting there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that I lean toward early season meltdowns toward adversity in the season and have to work on staying positive. When I was a teenager, I was really bad about bailing on the season when the team went through a rough patch.
Now? I remind myself that the season is young and a lot of baseball is yet to be played.

As for politics, I think we would agree greatly on some things and disagree on others. I try to keep my political views off this forum. I've read the political forums a bit and have decided it’s not worth the time posting there.
The political forum is a cesspool. No one knows enough about the topics to adequately debate on the specifics of a specific event (like we here know the Giants, but none of us know all the variables involved with any actual decisions). And when anyone talks about broader ideals, everyone sees everything through completely biased tinted lenses so that nothing can be accomplished (my guys are pure saints who are just trying to fix things, while your guys are all corrupt thieves who laugh at us while they lie). 10% of posts are legit attempts at convo, whereas 150% of posts are just trolls posting shit (on all sides of the discussion).

I can somewhat live with pure shit posters, but there are some on both sides that claim to be independent centrists that are clearly on one side or the other. Anyone who can’t see their own bias, or colors their own bias as “the truth” is impossible to converse with.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The political forum is a cesspool. No one knows enough about the topics to adequately debate on the specifics of a specific event (like we here know the Giants, but none of us know all the variables involved with any actual decisions). And when anyone talks about broader ideals, everyone sees everything through completely biased tinted lenses so that nothing can be accomplished (my guys are pure saints who are just trying to fix things, while your guys are all corrupt thieves who laugh at us while they lie). 10% of posts are legit attempts at convo, whereas 150% of posts are just trolls posting shit (on all sides of the discussion).

I can somewhat live with pure shit posters, but there are some on both sides that claim to be independent centrists that are clearly on one side or the other. Anyone who can’t see their own bias, or colors their own bias as “the truth” is impossible to converse with.
Completely agree. I suspect that some of the people who 100% disagree with my views must be paid to do so, because no one can voluntarily be that ffffing stupid.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm the idiot that posts the projected win-loss record after every game. It is purely out of the desire to be obnoxious. Is it working?

You have learned all you can from me young Padawan, time to move on ...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the longest current winning streak in MLB belongs to...

="...your San Francisco Giants (4)"]

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As down as I am on the Giants atm, have you taken a look at the A’s?
Not much, but these guys have:

"Ostler minces no words in savaging both the A’s and the Giants’ leadership this season, as both clubs are currently dwelling in the cellar of Major League Baseball. Combined, the teams entered Tuesday on pace to lose 223 games; that’s well in excess of the low mark of 199 set in 1979.

I would take issue with one of Ostler’s comments: that the A’s roster is “made up almost entirely of players not quite ready for the big leagues.” That’s a tad hyperbolic. Off the cuff, I’d say fully half the A’s roster belongs in the bigs, and a few players may even be headed for stardom. But it’s certainly hard to argue that the 2023 A’s are built to win, and it is a sad fact that the A’s payroll ranks dead last in the league."

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

@LHG, is that you in the bold?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much, but these guys have:

"Ostler minces no words in savaging both the A’s and the Giants’ leadership this season, as both clubs are currently dwelling in the cellar of Major League Baseball. Combined, the teams entered Tuesday on pace to lose 223 games; that’s well in excess of the low mark of 199 set in 1979.

I would take issue with one of Ostler’s comments: that the A’s roster is “made up almost entirely of players not quite ready for the big leagues.” That’s a tad hyperbolic. Off the cuff, I’d say fully half the A’s roster belongs in the bigs, and a few players may even be headed for stardom. But it’s certainly hard to argue that the 2023 A’s are built to win, and it is a sad fact that the A’s payroll ranks dead last in the league."

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

@LHG, is that you in the bold?
I was trying to figure out why you were quoting someone who was projecting losses for the season in April. Who does that?!?!