• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Football Transfers and Attrition

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will have to keep an eye on this, but definitely good news to wake up to (the staying bit).

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Short blog: <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hokies&amp;src=hash">#Hokies</a> DL Corey Marshall will take time away from team to tend to 'personal matters' <a href="http://t.co/NG181jcbiq">http://t.co/NG181jcbiq</a></p>&mdash; Andy Bitter (@AndyBitterVT) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndyBitterVT/statuses/369542536701820928">August 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:confused2:

Last edited by a moderator:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't want to say anything last night but my sources told me that he "would t pencil him into the two deep any time soon."

That sucks, but no one person is more important than the whole team.

I'd like to see them work this out without it becoming a major distraction.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE: Corey Marshall Now Taking Time Away From The Virginia Tech Football Team - Gobbler Country

UPDATE: 8/19 ACCORDING TO AN E-MAIL FROM VIRGINIA TECH'S ASSOCIATE AD FOR FOOTBALL OPERATIONS, JOHN BALLEIN, AFTER TALKING IT OVER WITH COACH BEAMER AGAIN MONDAY, COREY WILL BE TAKING SOME PERSONAL TIME AWAY FROM THE TEAM. THIS IS A SEPARATE DEVELOPMENT FROM THE ONE WE ANNOUNCED YESTERDAY IN WHICH COREY HAD LEFT THE TEAM. WE'LL HAVE MORE WHEN MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE.

UPDATE: ACCORDING TO THIS MIKE BARBER POST, COREY MARSHALL IS NOW BACK WITH THE VIRGINIA TECH FOOTBALL TEAM AND WILL BE STAYING AFTER TAKING THE WEEKEND AWAY FROM THE TEAM AND SPEAKING WITH FRANK BEAMER ON SUNDAY.

copied and pasted ^ didn't feel like retyping it without caps lock. Well this is all a confusing mess

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE: Corey Marshall Now Taking Time Away From The Virginia Tech Football Team - Gobbler Country

UPDATE: 8/19 ACCORDING TO AN E-MAIL FROM VIRGINIA TECH'S ASSOCIATE AD FOR FOOTBALL OPERATIONS, JOHN BALLEIN, AFTER TALKING IT OVER WITH COACH BEAMER AGAIN MONDAY, COREY WILL BE TAKING SOME PERSONAL TIME AWAY FROM THE TEAM. THIS IS A SEPARATE DEVELOPMENT FROM THE ONE WE ANNOUNCED YESTERDAY IN WHICH COREY HAD LEFT THE TEAM. WE'LL HAVE MORE WHEN MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE.

UPDATE: ACCORDING TO THIS MIKE BARBER POST, COREY MARSHALL IS NOW BACK WITH THE VIRGINIA TECH FOOTBALL TEAM AND WILL BE STAYING AFTER TAKING THE WEEKEND AWAY FROM THE TEAM AND SPEAKING WITH FRANK BEAMER ON SUNDAY.

copied and pasted ^ didn't feel like retyping it without caps lock. Well this is all a confusing mess

That's a bit confusing. So he's still taking time away?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit confusing. So he's still taking time away?

Seems like it's saying he took the weekend away and is back.

I dunno if that's good for you guys or not. Probably good from a talent standpoint, but seems awfully selfish from the outside looking in, and isn't very team oriented which can't be good for morale. I suppose a good commitment to the team and putting in some good effort can work that over pretty quickly however.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took more than the weekend. Don't plan on him being in uniform for the Bama game.

I am being a little nosey here..but is this team related (unhappy with his role, position change, not startingcoaches etc.) or non-team related. I don't expect anyone to elaborate (who may be in the know), especially if it is non-team related personal reasons.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BTW, how do you sprain BOTH ankles?

Don't you stop when one is sprained?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am being a little nosey here..but is this team related (unhappy with his role, position change, not startingcoaches etc.) or non-team related. I don't expect anyone to elaborate (who may be in the know), especially if it is non-team related personal reasons.

I like to imagine he's dressed in all black, touring Europe and pondering the meaning of life while soft piano music mysteriously plays in the background.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing our young secondary guys this weekend, I don't think it matters much, but

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to sit out this year right?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On the surface, a strange move.

I agree. Do you think he believed he would never make the cut at VT, or was it more an emotional reaction to being passed up on the depth chart?

The fact is that any team is going to let the best players play, and Beamer more than most is going to stick with any commitments that he's made to players.