• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Sign Pierre-Edouard Bellemare

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have signed forward Pierre-Edouard Bellemare to an NHL contract, according to general manager Ron Hextall.

A native of Paris, France, the 29-year-old Bellemare spent the last five seasons with Skelleftea of the Swedish Hockey League and posted 20 goals and 35 points in 52 games this past season.

He also appeared in the 2014 IIHF World Championships for France where he averaged a point per-game with three goals and five assists in eight games, including an assist and the game-winning shootout goal in a 3-2 upset victory over Team Canada on May 9 of the preliminary round.

Over parts of five seasons with Skelleftea, the 6-0, 196 pound Bellemare recorded 64 goals and 61 assists for 125 points in 238 games.

Flyers sign forward Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Philadelphia Flyers - News

Interesting considering it is an NHL contract - wonder what type of player he could be?

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to guess he is a bottom 6 potential guy like Raffl. If he could be a top 6 guy I'd bet we'd have heard of him before.

Can't hurt.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to guess he is a bottom 6 potential guy like Raffl. If he could be a top 6 guy I'd bet we'd have heard of him before.

Can't hurt.

I was reading on eliteprospects that he's a good PK'er, has speed and can play a solid two way game - I think this is a good move because it will make the bottom lines better - I know everyone wants them to get some top six wingers but they need to get more 5 on 5 scoring in their bottom lines - eventually guys like Zac Rinaldo need to be weeded out because he can't score at all - the teams that are still playing have guys who can score on the 4th line - most of the season, the Flyers fourth line was Zac Rinaldo and Adam Hall and they did very little offensively

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading on eliteprospects that he's a good PK'er, has speed and can play a solid two way game - I think this is a good move because it will make the bottom lines better - I know everyone wants them to get some top six wingers but they need to get more 5 on 5 scoring in their bottom lines - eventually guys like Zac Rinaldo need to be weeded out because he can't score at all - the teams that are still playing have guys who can score on the 4th line - most of the season, the Flyers fourth line was Zac Rinaldo and Adam Hall and they did very little offensively

That's about the scouting report I expected.

I agree with the bottom lines. Not a Rinaldo fan and we could do better than Hall. Assuming this guy (Who I am now calling PEB) is an exact clone of Raffl, a PEB-Laughton-Raffl 4th line is quite the improvement.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about the scouting report I expected.

I agree with the bottom lines. Not a Rinaldo fan and we could do better than Hall. Assuming this guy (Who I am now calling PEB) is an exact clone of Raffl, a PEB-Laughton-Raffl 4th line is quite the improvement.

Maybe something like this:

Scott Hartnell - Claude Giroux - Jake Voracek
FA/Trade - Brayden Schenn - Wayne Simmonds
Jason Akeson - Sean Couturier - Matt Read
PEB - Scott Laughton - Michael Raffl

If they could bring in a guy via trade or FA that won't cost them a lot that can be a good fit on the 2nd line I think that would work

EDIT: Or maybe they give Michael Raffl or Jason Akeson a shot on the 2nd line and they sign someone to play on the 4th line

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell even if Vinny stays and plays the 2nd line wing the 4th line improvement alone is very encouraging. Should be good defensively and be able to chip in a bit (More than Hall and Rinaldo, anyway)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell even if Vinny stays and plays the 2nd line wing the 4th line improvement alone is very encouraging. Should be good defensively and be able to chip in a bit (More than Hall and Rinaldo, anyway)

Vinny can't stay, he needs to go - the second line was awful, need to look at other options

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinny can't stay, he needs to go - the second line was awful, need to look at other options

Well we are in luck. Apparently Dreger said on TSN the Flyers are looking to move Vinny but haven't approached him about his NMC. Hopefully it's true. He is an okay player that is a horrendous fit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ what you guys are saying in here, and I like cobie's lines a few posts back. that'd be a quality forward group I think.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he turns out to be a scorer on whatever line he plays on. In watching the Kings, the fact that everyone on all four lines can score is intimidating. Last night when the Kings were looking tired in the third, their fourth line was put in and they had fresh legs and nearly every guy was capable of scoring. We need to build the same type of approach with the Flyers.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In watching the Kings, the fact that everyone on all four lines can score is intimidating.

This, this, this. :agree: Exactly what I've been saying all year, and why I don't care if we never see Rinaldo or Hall again.

I like Cobie's lines as well, although I'd rather see Akeson be successful on the 2nd line and sign a banger for the 3rd line, especially since this would be cheaper and free up $$$ to help the D. But, assuming Bellemare is even close to being as successful as Raffl, we'd be rolling 4 lines all capable of chipping in on the scoresheet.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also amazed at the offensive spacing and the passing acuity with all four lines of the Kings. Last night the Kings' timing was a bit off but when they are rested, they consistently have excellent passing and they pass to a King that is there, not to somebody the passer was hoping would be there.

This creates many problems for a defense and it also creates numerous shots-on-goal opportunities that only the clubs like the Blackhawks and Ducks replicate. Whoever stated it is correct. Darryl Sutter is a brilliant hockey mind as his influence is evident with the Kings consistent and dominating play.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ what you guys are saying in here, and I like cobie's lines a few posts back. that'd be a quality forward group I think.

I went on capgeek, and I made a couple of moves on armchair GM - I moved Vinny to Buffalo(because they have lots of space and can take on a contract) and Nicklas Grossmann to Edmonton because they need defensive help too, and didn't retain any cap space on either of them

Then I signed Ales Hemsky for $4 million, Zach Redmond for $1.1 million, Kimmo for $3 million, Brayden Schenn for $3.1 million and Al Montoya for $850k

These are the lines I made:

Ales Hemsky - Claude Giroux - Jake Voracek
Scott Hartnell - Brayden Schenn - Wayne Simmonds
Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Scott Laughton - Michael Raffl
Zac Rinaldo/Jay Rosehill

Mark Streit - Andrew MacDonald
Kimmo Timonen - Braydon Coburn
Luke Schenn - Zach Redmond
Oliver Lauridsen

Steve Mason
Al Montoya

$4,511,667 left in cap space

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also amazed at the offensive spacing and the passing acuity with all four lines of the Kings. Last night the Kings' timing was a bit off but when they are rested, they consistently have excellent passing and they pass to a King that is there, not to somebody the passer was hoping would be there.

This creates many problems for a defense and it also creates numerous shots-on-goal opportunities that only the clubs like the Blackhawks and Ducks replicate. Whoever stated it is correct. Darryl Sutter is a brilliant hockey mind as his influence is evident with the Kings consistent and dominating play.

there's no doubt the kings are a model to be followed. they are reaping the rewards of building a strong team from within (essentially the whole defense, quick, kopitar, pearson, toffoli, Clifford, etc), then going out and getting the pieces they need to win championships. really makes me feel good about the hexy stuff, he had a hand in building that team.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went on capgeek, and I made a couple of moves on armchair GM - I moved Vinny to Buffalo(because they have lots of space and can take on a contract) and Nicklas Grossmann to Edmonton because they need defensive help too, and didn't retain any cap space on either of them

Then I signed Ales Hemsky for $4 million, Zach Redmond for $1.1 million, Kimmo for $3 million, Brayden Schenn for $3.1 million and Al Montoya for $850k

These are the lines I made:

Ales Hemsky - Claude Giroux - Jake Voracek
Scott Hartnell - Brayden Schenn - Wayne Simmonds
Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Scott Laughton - Michael Raffl
Zac Rinaldo/Jay Rosehill

Mark Streit - Andrew MacDonald
Kimmo Timonen - Braydon Coburn
Luke Schenn - Zach Redmond
Oliver Lauridsen

Steve Mason
Al Montoya

$4,511,667 left in cap space

if the flyers follow what you laid out here, i'll be perfectly happy.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no doubt the kings are a model to be followed. they are reaping the rewards of building a strong team from within (essentially the whole defense, quick, kopitar, pearson, toffoli, Clifford, etc), then going out and getting the pieces they need to win championships. really makes me feel good about the hexy stuff, he had a hand in building that team.

I am confident that Hextall is going to follow that Kings model. I see him putting together a dominant team here in Philly with the same consistent passing throughout the squad. He has the framework already here with excellent goaltenders and several scoreres and I suspect he'll add the missing pieces over time.