• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Fan Mumbles and Grumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can claim that the reason for all of this is age, but then again Richie already had a polished two-way game by the age of 25, which Simmonds will be turning in four weeks. In fact, that was the year he far and away led all of our forwards in postseason ice time and was second in playoff scoring on our way to within a goal and a game of the Cup.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, Simmonds has impressed in one and a half seasons with the Flyers, but I'm not at all ready to compare him favorably to Richards. He has a lot more to do to get there. He can start though by giving us a 30-30-60-100 in 80 this coming season. Nice, even numbers. I'll take that and run with it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear where you're coming from mav, but like Las said, it's two for one. It's not Richards vs schenn or Richards vs Simmonds, it's Richards vs both of them. While Richards is the best of the 3, I'd take 2/3rds of a second line over 1/3. Especially when one of those has the potential that schenn has. I liked the deal at the time and like it now. If schenn develops in to more than a 40-50 point guy like he's supposed to, and Simmonds continues to be a 40-50 point guy it's a steal. Right now I'd say it's a wash.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn just hasn't done anything for me yet. I'd take his brother over him by a mile and I'd take Richie over Simmonds by that same mile. Time is the one thing in our favor as Schenn is just turning 22 and Simmonds 25.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn just hasn't done anything for me yet. I'd take his brother over him by a mile and I'd take Richie over Simmonds by that same mile. Time is the one thing in our favor as Schenn is just turning 22 and Simmonds 25.

Oh i hear you, he's disappointed me as well. I'm just saying the trade was richards for schenn and simmonds. comparing them individually isn't a fair comparison. richards is better than each of them individually, but is he better than both of them combined? IMO, he's not.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i hear you, he's disappointed me as well. I'm just saying the trade was richards for schenn and simmonds. comparing them individually isn't a fair comparison. richards is better than each of them individually, but is he better than both of them combined? IMO, he's not.

I'm just saying that if Schenn turns out to be a bust for us and we end up trading him away, then that looks like a bad trade for us. I didn't like it to start with however, because the main reason to unload Richards in addition to Carter was supposedly to bring in Bryzgalov and we all know how that turned out.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying that if Schenn turns out to be a bust for us and we end up trading him away, then that looks like a bad trade for us. I didn't like it to start with however, because the main reason to unload Richards in addition to Carter was supposedly to bring in Bryzgalov and we all know how that turned out.

IMO Ill take all the points and fights and hustle of the two players we received over richie any day and that is right now without what has yet to come. Both players are young and getting better while Richie is past his best years. Plus getting out of the 12 year contract gave us more flexibility for other moves. I love Richards one of my favorite Flyers of all time but what we got for him is way better than having him on this team at this point. Although i wouldnt mind having him back if the Kings want Mezz and Cousins but i dont know if that will work well with the cap.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Canes blogger has nothing better to talk about I guess.

HockeyBuzz.com - Matt Karash - Which is more ridiculous? The Flyers/Paul Holmgren situation

You catch this guy on twitter too, btw. https://twitter.com/CarolinaMatt63

pretty weak argument. what does he think, ed snider will give discounted tickets if the GM stops wasting money? the flyers GM will always be paid to be active and aggressive, and with that, comes financial mistakes. but ed snider doesn't care. he wants to win, at ALL COSTS. that's why flyers fans are perfectly ok with it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes lets put all the blame on management for trying to make this team a cup champion and making us relevant year in and year out.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"each and every one of an estimated 23,000,000 Flyers tickets sold from now until April of 2027 will have a $2 Ilya Bryzgalov tax included in it"

Classic.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"each and every one of an estimated 23,000,000 Flyers tickets sold from now until April of 2027 will have a $2 Ilya Bryzgalov tax included in it"

Classic.

This quote must have ed Snider pissed off but as long as it isnt stopping him from making moves to help this team that money doesnt doesnt mean much to me.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we waiting for to get under the cap?

My guess is that they're waiting for Meszaros to be medically cleared to play so they can trade him.

Last edited by a moderator:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This quote must have ed Snider pissed off but as long as it isnt stopping him from making moves to help this team that money doesnt doesnt mean much to me.

The money doesn't matter to me anymore, either, since I gave up my season tickets last year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that they're waiting for Meszaros to be medically cleared to play so they can trade him.

Thanks i didnt realize i thought he was good to go and when i say go i mean to another team. :doh:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks i didnt realize i thought he was good to go and when i say go i mean to another team. :doh:

Haha no problem! Here's the last info I can find on him. Haven't heard or read anything more recent:

Andrej Meszaros (shoulder) is the only injured member of the Philadelphia Flyers who hasn't been given clearance to play.
However, GM Paul Holmgren expects to Meszaros to get the green light in late July. The 27-year-old defenseman needed shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff and he was limited to just 11 contests during the lockout-shortened season. Jun 27 - 10:58 AM

But yes, they can't trade him until he's cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.