• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Fan Mumbles and Grumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the surface trading Carter and richards looked bad because LA won the cup but in reality those two guys were our best players and in LA they were second liners. If you are a good enough team to have those two excellent players on a second line you are serious cup contenders and eventually they did win it. I like our haul we got in that trade and i think they will get it on track this year with our new goalie situation. It was hard for everyone to score last year running around our zone half the time.

That's true mostly due to the fact that Quick stood on his head and led them to that Cup, but the offensive stats don't lie either. It pains me to say it, but Richards and Carter rank #2 and #3 respectively with 27 and 26 points each over the last two playoff years in Los Angeles and they were the only two forwards who had anything going for this past run. Not bad for a couple of second liners...lol They were and are clearly two very important pieces to that puzzle.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true mostly due to the fact that Quick stood on his head and led them to that Cup, but the offensive stats don't lie either. It pains me to say it, but Richards and Carter rank #2 and #3 respectively with 27 and 26 points each over the last two playoff years in Los Angeles and they were the only two forwards who had anything going for this past run. Not bad for a couple of second liners...lol They were and are clearly two very important pieces to that puzzle.

I wouldnt mind having them two on our second line for this upcoming season. Carter is playing out of his mind and Richie is Richie an excellent all around player.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind having them two on our second line for this upcoming season. Carter is playing out of his mind and Richie is Richie an excellent all around player.

That's why the four guys we got for them have to mature and perform. For now, it looks like we won or are at least even on the Carter trade and lost the Richards trade. Perhaps it evens out. I want much more out of Schenn and a rebound by Couturier, but for now, Richie is definitely better than Simmonds/Schenn. Voracek meanwhile appears to have blossomed into a star.

You do have to take ages into account as well at the end of the day and that does favor us, but not if our players bust.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why the four guys we got for them have to mature and perform. For now, it looks like we won the Carter trade and lost the Richards trade. Perhaps it evens out. I want much more out of Schenn and a rebound by Couturier, but for now, Richie is definitely better than Simmonds/Schenn. Voracek meanwhile appears to have blossomed into a star.

You do have to take ages into account as well at the end of the day and that does favor us, but not if our players bust.

yep. even after the kings won the cup i'm still comfortable with the trades. voracek and couturier for carter is a steal. schenn has been disappointing, but simmonds has been great so far. hopefully schenn turns the corner this season

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think we sort of stole Voracek from the Jackets and then really cashed in on that pick. Couturier should've gone top three, but fell into our laps. As a guy that may be able to nullify our top offensive rivals for years to come, I like him the most. I hope Simmonds improves, but even if he doesn't, I think there's a definite place for him on this team with his ability to be physical and score dirty goals. Schenn just hasn't shown me anything significant yet at the Nhl level and if he's a bust, we definitely lost the Richards trade. At first glance, I would've kept Richie and dealt Carter anyway, but that's just me. Dealing Richie for Simmonds/Schenn seems just like a lateral downgrade to me. If or when Schenn becomes a serious player, then I'm gladly wrong on this.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as I like(d) Carter, I could not stomach another season of watching him shot 10 feet wide when 5 feet in front of the net. Maybe the Kings got him contacts?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why the four guys we got for them have to mature and perform. For now, it looks like we won or are at least even on the Carter trade and lost the Richards trade. Perhaps it evens out. I want much more out of Schenn and a rebound by Couturier, but for now, Richie is definitely better than Simmonds/Schenn. Voracek meanwhile appears to have blossomed into a star.

I think we have the better of the Richards deal now and he was my favorite player by far and away. Simmonds is the same type of player now as Richards was when he left (not as good a leader) and we have schenn on top of that IMO Simmer/Schenn > Richards and they still arent at their peak as players yet. This will go down as an excellent trade.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like(d) Carter, I could not stomach another season of watching him shot 10 feet wide when 5 feet in front of the net. Maybe the Kings got him contacts?

I can still see him missing the open net in the closing minutes of game 6 vs Chicago :gaah:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have the better of the Richards deal now and he was my favorite player by far and away. Simmonds is the same type of player now as Richards was when he left (not as good a leader) and we have schenn on top of that IMO Simmer/Schenn > Richards and they still arent at their peak as players yet. This will go down as an excellent trade.

I may agree w this in a couple of years. Hopefully both will remain Flyers and not dealt like Homer tends to do with the panic button. How have you been Las?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may agree w this in a couple of years. Hopefully both will remain Flyers and not dealt like Homer tends to do with the panic button. How have you been Las?

A couple of years? heres that stats the last 2 years for the players involved in the trade
Simmer 2012/13- 15-17-32
2011/12 - 28-21-49
Schenn 2012/13 - 8-18-26
2011/12 - 12-6-18

Richards 2012/13 12-20-32
2011/12 18-26-44

I like this trade already especially since simmer will fight anyone and has great puck control and if we played a full season last year Schenn wouldve had 52 points which is good for a 2nd year pro. Our future looks good

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of years? heres that stats the last 2 years for the players involved in the trade
Simmer 2012/13- 15-17-32
2011/12 - 28-21-49
Schenn 2012/13 - 8-18-26
2011/12 - 12-6-18

Richards 2012/13 12-20-32
2011/12 18-26-44

I like this trade already especially since simmer will fight anyone and has great puck control and if we played a full season last year Schenn wouldve had 52 points which is good for a 2nd year pro. Our future looks good
Don't get me wrong, I'm good w the trade. I think Schenn is going to have his breakout year this upcoming season. I'm w you on Simmonds. He scores, he battles, and can fight. Keep in mind, I don't think the Kings win their cup w/o Richie and Carter on their roster. They may have not been the MVP, but they did score some huge goals and Richie provided much more than just scoring. The trade was solid for both teams. Overall, I agree that the Flyers may benefit in the short and long run. The Kings got a Cup.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I'm good w the trade. I think Schenn is going to have his breakout year this upcoming season. I'm w you on Simmonds. He scores, he battles, and can fight. Keep in mind, I don't think the Kings win their cup w/o Richie and Carter on their roster. They may have not been the MVP, but they did score some huge goals and Richie provided much more than just scoring. The trade was solid for both teams. Overall, I agree that the Flyers may benefit in the short and long run. The Kings got a Cup.

If we had Quick in net vs chicago we wouldve been at the parade that year. Now we will just have to go this year. :clap:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While Simmonds is the same type of player as Richie besides the leadership you mentioned, he is nowhere near as offensively gifted, that is clear. I could posts stats all day long to support this. Yes, they are similar players otherwise. That's why I called the trade a lateral downgrade. There's no way you can tell me that Simmonds now is equal to Richie when we traded him. I like Simmonds, but it's not even close. We gave up that extra talent to get Schenn in return and he hasn't yet produced at the Nhl level, so we remain at a loss for sure in my opinion, at least until Brayden finally kicks it into gear.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've just never understood why we would trade away a captain and a winner at every level of competition that exhibited Flyers hockey to the nth degree for a slightly younger, much lesser version of the same thing, plus a promising prospect that is not at all a sure thing.

That's a lateral downgrade to me. The risk was too high for the reward. I hope Schenn develops and does pay big dividends, but if he doesn't, that trade was a fail. Richie won a Cup because he's a leader, a true competitor and a winner. Quick was likely the main reason they went all the way, but I don't know that they take home that Cup without Richie and his 15 points in 20 games from the second line either.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've just never understood why we would trade away a captain and a winner at every level of competition that exhibited Flyers hockey to the nth degree for a slightly younger, much lesser version of the same thing, plus a promising prospect that is not at all a sure thing.

That's a lateral downgrade to me. The risk was too high for the reward. I hope Schenn develops and does pay big dividends, but if he doesn't, that trade was a fail. Richie won a Cup because he's a leader, a true competitor and a winner. Quick was likely the main reason they went all the way, but I don't know that they take home that Cup without Richie and his 15 points in 20 games from the second line either.

Whether you agree or not, it would appear off ice issues got both Richards a 1 way ticket out. And let's not forget that Carter was traded to the BJs for Jake and pick that got us Couter.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Simmonds is the same type of player as Richie besides the leadership you mentioned, he is nowhere near as offensively gifted, that is clear. I could posts stats all day long to support this. Yes, they are similar players otherwise. That's why I called the trade a lateral downgrade. There's no way you can tell me that Simmonds now is equal to Richie when we traded him. I like Simmonds, but it's not even close. We gave up that extra talent to get Schenn in return and he hasn't yet produced at the Nhl level, so we remain at a loss for sure in my opinion, at least until Brayden finally kicks it into gear.

I just put up stats for the last two seasons comparing Simmonds and richards and simmonds has more points is a better fighter has just as much heart ,just less of a leader because he is way younger. It;s like getting a young richards without the 12 year contract and making less money plus Schenn. I dont see how it's a downgrade if we have 2 really good players for one really good player.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you agree or not, it would appear off ice issues got both Richards a 1 way ticket out. And let's not forget that Carter was traded to the BJs for Jake and pick that got us Couter.

I know all of this, but I would've loved to have heard the exact truth about what went down because it seems to me like only one of them needed to be traded. The Carter trade has already been a good one for us. I've already mentioned that. I just think we could've stopped there and been a better team now than we currently are.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just put up stats for the last two seasons comparing Simmonds and richards and simmonds has more points is a better fighter has just as much heart ,just less of a leader because he is way younger. It;s like getting a young richards without the 12 year contract and making less money plus Schenn. I dont see how it's a downgrade if we have 2 really good players for one really good player.

It shouldn't even be a discussion. Simmonds had his career high of 49 points in 82 games, which is .59 points per game. In the very same season, Richie had by his circumstances a dreadful year and still managed the same average. By the way, those 49 points by Simmonds is one less than Richards' career high of 50 assists. With all do respect, get back to me when Wayne puts up 30-50-80 in 79. Look at their playoff stats, it's not even close. Richie is a clutch, proven leader and performer. Simmonds may rake in the dirty goals, play with endless heart and go toe to toe with anyone, but he isn't near the clutch playmaker or performer as one Mike Richards is.

Status
Not open for further replies.