• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Fan Mumbles and Grumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all those bitches and haters of tOSU. Apparently women can be evil as well. Thank god for video
surveillance or this **** would have ruined Hyde's career more than likely.
Y! SPORTS

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all those bitches and haters of tOSU. Apparently women can be evil as well. Thank god for video
surveillance or this **** would have ruined Hyde's career more than likely.
Y! SPORTS

I'll wait for Obama's response before commenting further. :rollseyes:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the status on Meszaros?

Was just wondering the same thing last night. I haven't seen an update since late June when Holmgren said he expected Meszaros to be cleared to play in late July.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, i was just gunna post that one too.. real solid article

Haha, too slow old man! (even though I might be older than you)...Meltzer is almost always a good read.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, too slow old man! (even though I might be older than you)...Meltzer is almost always a good read.

haha i'm typically a youngster on internet boards.. only 24.. i just like my sleep :)

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha i'm typically a youngster on internet boards.. only 24.. i just like my sleep :)

Geez, way to make me feel like an old fart on a Monday morning. (I'm 42). :gaah: :)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be an extremely tough task to win the Cup this season. I just think we have a lot riding on when or if our young core group of forwards finally gets it together. It's time for guys like B. Schenn, Read, Couturier and Simmonds to learn and improve off of their last season and a half of play in Philly. It's still a contract year for two of them while another was recently extended, so there's a lot to prove and play for.

That said, if these guys all step up to the plate this coming season, I think we can be serious Cup contenders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to start proving that while trading away Richards and Carter looked bad after L.A. won a Cup, it will still ultimately be a wise decision for us in the long term.

Voracek just had his breakout season and he's only just turning 24. Simmonds is right on the cusp with his physical play and already 44 goals as a Flyer. Now it's time for Schenn and Couturier to bring it up a notch and we'll have clearly benefited from those trades. It may not happen this coming season, but I won't bet against it occurring in the not so distant future.

I personally think Couturier is going to be a stud, but Brayden Schenn hasn't proved anything at the Nhl level to us yet and that's probably why he has yet to receive an extension.

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! Just checking in briefly. It's very quiet these days in Flyer land. I'm ready for some CFB to start. Still no word on Mesz eh?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to start proving that while trading away Richards and Carter looked bad after L.A. won a Cup, it will still ultimately be a wise decision for us in the long term.

Voracek just had his breakout season and he's only just turning 24. Simmonds is right on the cusp with his physical play and already 44 goals as a Flyer. Now it's time for Schenn and Couturier to bring it up a notch and we'll have clearly benefited from those trades. It may not happen this coming season, but I won't bet against it occurring in the not so distant future.

I personally think Couturier is going to be a stud, but Brayden Schenn hasn't proved anything at the Nhl level to us yet and that's probably why he has yet to receive an extension.

On the surface trading Carter and richards looked bad because LA won the cup but in reality those two guys were our best players and in LA they were second liners. If you are a good enough team to have those two excellent players on a second line you are serious cup contenders and eventually they did win it. I like our haul we got in that trade and i think they will get it on track this year with our new goalie situation. It was hard for everyone to score last year running around our zone half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.