• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Washington Capitals

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Caps fans, CBJ comes out on fire in this game and takes the series to a 7th game. This one is not even close. I'd recommend watching the back to back episodes of Young Sheldon airing tonight on CBS.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbus Blue Jackets Coach John Tortorella spoke to the media for less than two minutes after his team’s 4-3 overtime loss to the Washington Capitals on Saturday, a terse session that began with awkward silence in the room.

“Staring contest,” Tortorella grumbled to himself, clearly on edge after his team squandered a pivotal Game 5 and now faces elimination Monday night in Ohio. When a reporter asked how his team would rebound from being down 3-2 in this grueling first-round series, Tortorella muttered an eight-word answer.

“We will be back here for Game 7,” he said, before doubling down after another question about how he would prepare his team for the next game. “I won’t have to say a damn word to them. We’ll be back here for Game 7.”

Blue Jackets Coach John Tortorella guarantees a return to Washington for Game 7

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbus Blue Jackets Coach John Tortorella spoke to the media for less than two minutes after his team’s 4-3 overtime loss to the Washington Capitals on Saturday, a terse session that began with awkward silence in the room.

“Staring contest,” Tortorella grumbled to himself, clearly on edge after his team squandered a pivotal Game 5 and now faces elimination Monday night in Ohio. When a reporter asked how his team would rebound from being down 3-2 in this grueling first-round series, Tortorella muttered an eight-word answer.

“We will be back here for Game 7,” he said, before doubling down after another question about how he would prepare his team for the next game. “I won’t have to say a damn word to them. We’ll be back here for Game 7.”

Blue Jackets Coach John Tortorella guarantees a return to Washington for Game 7

I guess this mean Torts thinks his guys are pros.

Other than Dubinsky needing to be nut-punched after game 4, no one has really earned his wrath. And to his credit, he hasn't launched it.

I have actually been impressed. He's clearly furious at the situation, but he hasn't blown his top. Yet.

Reactions: gob

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!! Columbus dominates first 10 min and Orlov with a laser

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have actually been impressed. He's clearly furious at the situation, but he hasn't blown his top. Yet.

A friend of mine in MD, is a long suffering Caps fan. He asked me the other day if Jacket management put a mandatory med requirement in Torts contract.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The blue liners and the defense of the forwards has been excellent tonight.

I tell ya, even without that goal, Orlov has to be the Caps' MVP this series. He's been phenomenal.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This "Rover" thing may be exciting in the regular season, but it just isn't working here. Especially when your two guys who can do it are out there together.

This will be the Jackets' downfall. There's a reason it died out. Caps D is just keeping all the flow to the outside and shutting it down, then turning it into odd man rushes.

Even if it somehow works and the Jackets advance, Pens and Lightning will eat that shit alive.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out played but still in the game. Story of the series.