• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First-Pick Mock Draft

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the rumor as reported by Walter Football about Bolles.

Rams Leaning OL in Round 2, WR in Round 3
Updated March 4, 2017
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

In many recent years, the Rams were a power player in the NFL Draft, as they had a boat load of picks from their 2012 trade with the Redskins. Last year, the Rams went the opposite direction, giving up a huge haul to move from 15th to first overall in order to select quarterback Jared Goff. The 2016 season was ugly as Goff played horribly behind a weak offensive line and a receiving corps that lacked talent. Los Angeles changed out its coaching staff, but the roster weaknesses remain. Los Angeles is without its first-round pick, and one of its third-round choices went to the Titans, so the Rams are lacking resources to improve. In speaking with sources with the Rams, upgrading the offensive line and wide receivers are the goals for the offseason and 2017 NFL Draft.

Between the offensive line and wide receivers, it sounds like the line is the priority in the second round. The Rams selected left tackle Greg Robinson with the second-overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, and Robinson has been a massive disappointment. He is approaching bust category and could be moved to guard or right tackle if the Rams are able to land an upgrade at left tackle. Utah tackle Garett Bolles could be an option if he slips to the second round. Western Kentucky guard Forrest Lamp is another blocker who could land in Los Angeles. The offensive line prospects are less talented than the wide receivers - check out our 2017 NFL Draft Offensive Tackle Rankings - and the Rams could land a quality wide receiver in the third round.

The Rams put a ton of resources into Goff, so the organization hierarchy of Les Snead and Kevin Demoff needs Goff to show significant improvement in 2016. Giving him better blocking and more receiving talent could improve the chances of Goff making a big jump in year two.

Read more at WalterFootball.com: NFL Draft Rumor Mill

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a guy with some blazing speed. We might consider him in our draft selections.

John Ross runs unofficial 4.22 40-yard dash time at combine

Looks like we spent a lot of time with Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster at said combine and he worked out with Goff. Again, sometimes we get locked into somebody and overlook a guy like Ross. I don't know when that is ever going to change.

He's a first rounder IMO (along with with Mike Williams and Corey Davis). Highly unlikely he'll be available to the Rams at #37.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross could drop due to health issues.

But I think what Retro posted is spot on.

OL first must be addressed, especially since WR is deeper than the OL in this draft.

And, I would prefer a trade down to pick up an extra 3rd if possible. They are going to need all the picks they can get.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross could drop due to health issues.

But I think what Retro posted is spot on.

OL first must be addressed, especially since WR is deeper than the OL in this draft.

And, I would prefer a trade down to pick up an extra 3rd if possible. They are going to need all the picks they can get.

Agreed, especially with the lack of depth at left tackle (if not addressed in free agency). It will be interesting to see how the combine has changed the rankings and mock drafts in the coming week or so.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest mock from Matt Miller:

#37 Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
#69 Pat Elfein, C, Ohio State
#112 Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown
#141 Jalen Myrick, CB, Minnesota
#149 Jermaine Eluemunor, OT, Texas A&M
#189 Marquez White, CB, Florida State
#223 Bug Howard, WR, North Carolina
#234 Elijah McGuire, RB, UL Lafayette

Not a bad mock honestly, but lacking at least one LB. Zay wouldn't necessarily be my choice at #37, but the rest make sense (even if doubling up at CB and WR, could work in a safety and linebacker preferably).

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 2 Pick 22 (MIA): Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 5: Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A)
Round 3 Pick 11 (BUF): Duke Riley, OLB, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 17 (WASH): JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California (A+)
Round 3 Pick 33 (MIA): Isaac Asiata, OG, Utah (A-)
Round 3 Pick 37 (DEN): Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (A-)
Round 4 Pick 5: Kendell Beckwith, ILB, LSU (A-)
Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA (A-)
Round 5 Pick 5: Hunter Dimick, DE, Utah (A-)
Round 6 Pick 5: Jalen Myrick, CB, Minnesota (C)
Round 7 Pick 5: KD Cannon, WR, Baylor (B-)
Round 7 Pick 16: Josh Tupou, DT, Colorado (B-)

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a guy with some blazing speed. We might consider him in our draft selections.

John Ross runs unofficial 4.22 40-yard dash time at combine

Looks like we spent a lot of time with Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster at said combine and he worked out with Goff. Again, sometimes we get locked into somebody and overlook a guy like Ross. I don't know when that is ever going to change.
Ross certainly helped his draft stock by running the fastest 40 of all time, but if JuJu is available at 37th Overall, we should take him!

I've seen a lot of JuJu and I think the Dez comparisons by Nick Saban is worthy.

He would be that 220lb, 6'2" No. 1 WR we need to complete our WR corp in McVay's offensive system.

I just don't see him dropping that far and TBT, I don't want us trading up for him. (How about you @SJ76? Do you trade up a few spots to get this guy?)

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, I hate the combine. If i hate what saw on a guy on game film, all of sudden I'm going to like him better because he can run faster in shorts or jump higher, where was that on game day. I like football players not athletes.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross certainly helped his draft stock by running the fastest 40 of all time, but if JuJu is available at 37th Overall, we should take him!

I've seen a lot of JuJu and I think the Dez comparisons by Nick Saban is worthy.

He would be that 220lb, 6'2" No. 1 WR we need to complete our WR corp in McVay's offensive system.

I just don't see him dropping that far and TBT, I don't want us trading up for him. (How about you @SJ76? Do you trade up a few spots to get this guy?)

Would I trade up to get JuJu (Dez Saban) instead of signing Woods?

I would try yes. Depends where he goes and what we would give up. Wouldn't take alot to get an early 2nd rounder, but my hunch is he may go late in the 1st. I'd try to get him if we only had to move up a few slots (which would mean throwing in a 3rd or 4th along with switching 2nds) but I wouldn't show my hand until draft day. He's kind of under the radar right now unless I've missed something.

Even with Woods on board I would try if he slips near our 2nd rounder.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, I hate the combine. If i hate what saw on a guy on game film, all of sudden I'm going to like him better because he can run faster in shorts or jump higher, where was that on game day. I like football players not athletes.

As far as pulling the trigger on a pick and what to base it off of?

Live game, game film = 90%
Combine = 10%

IMO

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so looks like JuJu has dropped a bit more recently.

Innnnnnnteresting. Do we take him if he's there in the 2nd and we are on the clock? Unless there is a center that is a stud and the Rams like him, I'd say do it.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - JuJu Smith-Schuster

We don't need another deep threat. We need a big guy that can be a possession WR that be physical and get first downs.

Comparison to Anquan Boldin is pretty "BOLD" - AQ was as physical a WR as I've seen in the NFL the last 10 years. And a FSU boy :yes:

I didn't think they made them like that out in Cali. :rockon:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 NFL Draft Tracker – NFL.com

2 Centers that are rated fairly high on the Oline board and then a bunch that fall to the middle of the pack.

If you like 1 of the top 2 and can get him, then go for it. But if not and you like a playmaker like JuJu and he's there in the 2nd... You have alot of centers to choose from after the 2nd or even 3rd round.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is my latest. did alot of trading, including trading out of the 2nd and stockpiling 3rd's to get depth.

Your score is: 13286 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 11 (BUF): JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California (B+)
Round 3 Pick 12 (N.O.): Ryan Anderson, OLB/DE, Alabama (B+)
Round 3 Pick 18 (DEN): Kevin King, CB, Washington (A+)
Round 3 Pick 21 (DET): Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 38 (SEA): Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego State (A)
Round 3 Pick 42 (SEA): Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (A)
Round 4 Pick 5: Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State (A)
Round 4 Pick 6 (LAC): Zach Banner, OG/OT, Southern California (B+)
Round 5 Pick 3 (CHI): Davis Webb, QB, California (A)
Round 5 Pick 5: Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA (B+)

Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - JuJu Smith-Schuster

We don't need another deep threat. We need a big guy that can be a possession WR that be physical and get first downs.

Comparison to Anquan Boldin is pretty "BOLD" - AQ was as physical a WR as I've seen in the NFL the last 10 years. And a FSU boy :yes:

I didn't think they made them like that out in Cali. :rockon:

I really like Chris Godwin if JuJu ends up going before the Rams' pick. Not necessarily a big WR, but solid size that plays big (and was faster than expected at the combine as a bonus).

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Chris Godwin if JuJu ends up going before the Rams' pick. Not necessarily a big WR, but solid size that plays big (and was faster than expected at the combine as a bonus).

I didn't see alot of the Big 10 the past few years. Zay Jones is intriguing IF we want to go the East Carolina WR route again..