• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First-Pick Mock Draft

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know. It's way too early for this, but I was bored and wanted to have some fun seeing how bad this team has been this season ( which hasn't been fun at all ).

I did two trades down in the 2nd to pick up extra picks ( cause the Rams need all the picks they can get ).

Went after fixing the OL ( which is still a mess ), and got a couple key positions addressed as well.

our score is: 8156 (GRADE: C-)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 10 (PHI): Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A)
Round 3 Pick 10 (PHI): Taylor Moton, OT/OG, Western Michigan (B+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor (B+)
Round 4 Pick 7 (S.D.): Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan (B)
Round 5 Pick 5: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU (A)
Round 5 Pick 7 (S.D.): Braden Smith, OG, Auburn (A-)
Round 6 Pick 5: Ejuan Price, OLB, Pittsburgh (B+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown State (C+)

Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed ALR. Chompin' at the bit and 2017 isn't even here yet! :pound:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've drafted a QB in 3 straight drafts now, I say we continue the tradition, its working out so well for us!
why the hell did we draft Garret Gilbert or Mannion for that matter? if you aren't going to let Mannion even sniff the field than you should have signed Offensive lineman with both of those picks, hoping that one or both worked out!!!
Our oline has sucked for years, Ive said it before (kiddingly) we should draft oline with EVERY pick we have, you have to believe 1 or 2 of them would work out. I still think Havenstein, Brown, and Donnel could eventually work out, they played better last year, so maybe they can find themselves, even if one of them bounces back that would be an improvement? Robinson to guard could be a big difference maker?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right about the O-line Smed and those picks we took last year. I liked Havenstein when we picked him. Many do not know he has been battling a foot problem all-year that has affected his play. Fisher never divulged the scope of it but it has been the same one that took him out of the starting spot early in the season.

Donnal was beginning to excel at LG when Brown went down. Wichmann has been so-so and at times brilliant. If they move Robinson inside to LG or cut his ass, Saffold will do well there. There is another Robinson coming out of Alabama this year who is a true LT. I doubt we would be able to get him because we traded away our chance but he is going to be a good one.

The one problem area we absolutely need to address is at center. Barnes is one of those Fisher guys who is absolutely a waste of a roster spot. He routinely gets beat on the blitz and seldom makes decent blocks during the run. Just a facepalm of a player. But yep, the O-line, the WRs and the offensive philosophy need to be addressed for this team to have a chance.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly Retro where we are picking, do we have a shot at a top 3 Tackle, a top 3 guard, or even a top 3 center, I'm thinking not. We will once again have to roll the dice on some olinemen and hope like hell one or 2 of them pan out?
Maybe this year we get lucky and find that diamond in the pile of shit?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I hear ya on that, Smed. Pile of shit is right! The reason we are getting shafted league-wide is two reasons: One, Fisher was such an a-hole with teams especially the Redskins deal followed by what he did on the field when we played them, that teams aren't interested in dealing with the Rams much anymore UNLESS they can take them to the cleaners; Two, nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants to play for the limp biscuit! His rep is building as one of the worst owners in the league especially as former players are beginning to sing. So we are screwed for a while unless the new coach and possibly GM can mend this colossal mess.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to try to sign FA OT Andrew Whitworth. He's getting older but has been a stud for the last decade. If he would do a 2-3 year deal I would sign him in a heartbeat.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Cougie, I'd rather work a deal with any takers in the draft to pick up picks and rid us of players that are not ever going to materialize into the players at least Snisher were fantasizing about like GRob and T. Austin. The Browns are players as of now. Maybe we could pick up some picks and get one of the big OTs coming out this year like Cam Robinson or Mike McGlinchey. We also need a center and we are desperate for LBs.

Hue Jackson: Browns want to win even if that means losing No. 1 pick in 2017 draft

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALR, the Moton kid I like at T/G but not necessarily in the second. Outside of Cam Robinson and Mike McGlenchey out of Notre Dame one of which we may be able to get in the second, there are ton of tackles we could get later.

The short list includes K.C. McDermott, Brandan Mahor, Zach Banner and Chad Wheeler from USC, Greg Pyle, and Kelly Parfitt. Another local kid that I know we could pick-up later in rounds 5-7 is UCLA's Conor McDermott. I like the guy but he may need some "seasoning."

At center, two guys I like a lot. Ethan Pocic out of LSU and Jay Guillermo out of Clemson. Even if we do a last year and pick a host of O-lineman, we still have room for BPA including LBs, RBs, and WRs. If the new coach develops the host of new young WRs we already have like Cooper, Spruce, McRoberts, Thomas, and Marquez, WRs will not be that much of a need per se.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say package Austin, GRob, and say a third to Cleveland for their second.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything should be done in the draft to help the QB and the offense. The Defense will be okay in my opinion.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could use a badass DE as we are getting a little long on the tooth and Quinn continues to deteriorate.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed ALR. Chompin' at the bit and 2017 isn't even here yet! :pound:

Indeed Retro

But the way this season went, needed something to look forward to, even if it is early

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALR, the Moton kid I like at T/G but not necessarily in the second. Outside of Cam Robinson and Mike McGlenchey out of Notre Dame one of which we may be able to get in the second, there are ton of tackles we could get later.

The short list includes K.C. McDermott, Brandan Mahor, Zach Banner and Chad Wheeler from USC, Greg Pyle, and Kelly Parfitt. Another local kid that I know we could pick-up later in rounds 5-7 is UCLA's Conor McDermott. I like the guy but he may need some "seasoning."

At center, two guys I like a lot. Ethan Pocic out of LSU and Jay Guillermo out of Clemson. Even if we do a last year and pick a host of O-lineman, we still have room for BPA including LBs, RBs, and WRs. If the new coach develops the host of new young WRs we already have like Cooper, Spruce, McRoberts, Thomas, and Marquez, WRs will not be that much of a need per se.

I figured the Rams need all the picks they can get, so my thought is for them to trade down in the 2nd to try and get a 3rd if possible ( which is how I approach the mocks ). The only way they don't trade down for extra picks is if something crazy happens and a stud OL falls to the 2nd ( although if that happens, chances are other teams will make a trade to move up overnight and Rams miss out anyways- hence my theory for trading down ).

And because this draft is weak in several offensive positions and with the success of Dallas and their OL, you could see a big run on OL in the first that really hurts the Rams for getting a top their guy at any of the OT/G/C positions.

I will say this regarding your assessment of WR's. The Rams need a HC that isn't so stubborn and is willing to develop some of these young guys instead of just trotting out the usual, unproductive cast.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my latest

score is: 9589 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 16 (CLE): Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA (A)
Round 3 Pick 9 (CAR): Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M (B+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Zach Banner, OG, Southern California (A-)
Round 4 Pick 9 (CAR): Scott Quessenberry, OG, UCLA (A+)
Round 4 Pick 16 (TENN): Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech (A)
Round 5 Pick 5: Corey Clement, RB, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 6 Pick 5: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Jayon Brown, ILB, UCLA (B)

Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 9 (CINN): Garett Bolles, OT, Utah (A)
Round 3 Pick 9 (CINN): Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson (A)
Round 4 Pick 9 (CINN): Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado (A+)
Round 5 Pick 5: Matt Milano, OLB, Boston College (B+)
Round 6 Pick 14 (IND): Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio (B+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Amba Etta-Tawo, WR, Syracuse (B)
Round 7 Pick 22 (N.E.): Jay Guillermo, C, Clemson (D)

One trade down from 2.5 to get the 3rd rounder the Rams will likely have available, plus a trade down in the 6th to get an extra seventh to take a chance on Etta-Tawo (although I sincerely doubt he'll be available that late). First Pick really didn't like that Guillermo pick, lol. The other center I considered in the 7th was Tom from Southern Miss, but he's pretty lanky and might have leverage issues.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That WR from Western Michigan looks like a big, physical receiver we need on the outside.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my draft...lots of trade downs.

Your score is: 9447 (GRADE: B)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 26 (ATL): DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 13 (ARI): Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 19 (T.B.): Dion Dawkins, OT, Temple (B)
Round 3 Pick 26 (ATL): Kevin King, CB, Washington (B+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 4 Pick 17 (WASH): Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 19 (T.B.): Keith Kelsey, ILB, Louisville (A)
Round 5 Pick 5: Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech (A+)
Round 5 Pick 11 (WASH): Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (B)
Round 5 Pick 19 (T.B.): Johnathan Ford, FS, Auburn (A)
Round 6 Pick 5: Greg Pyke, OG, Georgia (B)
Round 7 Pick 5: D.J. Jones, DT, Ole Miss (C)

The more picks the Rams have, the better chance some of these players shake out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, another early round target out with injury from the bowl season, both with great names. First, Jake Butt tore up his knee last week, and just now it looks like Adoree' Jackson may have done the same.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harsh grade, considering the only picks that weren't highly graded were 7th rounders...

Your score is: 8594 (GRADE: C)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 10 (BUF): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 23 (G.B.): Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson (A)
Round 4 Pick 5: Marlon Mack, RB, South Florida (A-)
Round 4 Pick 23 (G.B.): Marquez White, CB, Florida State (A)
Round 5 Pick 9 (CINN): Davon Godchaux, DT, LSU (A+)
Round 5 Pick 23 (G.B.): Marquel Lee, ILB, Wake Forest (B+)
Round 6 Pick 5: Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown State (C+)
Round 7 Pick 9 (CINN): Michael Dunn, OT, Maryland (D-)