• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First 16 Years Florida St. vs Last 16 Years Boise St.

gprep93

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to point out a little thing. They do not ask for 1 Mil for a home and home. FSU and BSU are exchanging a guaranteed 400k for their Home and Home. That mil is for a one and done which is the type of game most schools have requested of BSU. Even when WVU canceled the game with FSU tey contacted BSU and they did ask for a 1 mil payout due to short notice AND travel. Now that is until lately. More teams that are not out west seem to be willing to schedule them. Which will help BSU out.

Actually, they did ask for $1m to come to Lincoln, in a H&H deal.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know that FSU and Bowden did the deed of travelling to get attention and build a program.

Nobody needs stats to know that fact.

Fact is, Boise doesn't have the back drop of the Florida recruiting grounds. While they missed a great opportunity to be a year in and maybe year out program, they face challenges that they are in Idaho and have no ties to a Power 5 conference.

Not sure why you feel the need to pick on Boise State. Yes, I'm pissed that they have drug Nebraska's name through the grinder in saying we wouldn't play them, but I still have respect for what they did the last decade.

Wins over Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Georgia, Arizona State, Washington, and TCU this decade. Any program would be proud to have that W ledger on their resume.

That impresses you, huh?

Boise has NOT beaten Oklahoma "this decade".
Virginia Tech LOST to James Madison the following week. :L
Georgia also LOST to a 4 loss Nebraska "this decade".
Arizona St was (6-7) when Boise Beat them.
Washington was (7-6) when Boise beat them. 4 loss Nebraska has 2 wins over Washington "this decade"
TCU who played similar shit schedules as Boise is 1-1 against them. The year Boise won (1/4/2010), TCU was (12-1) with wins over Virginia (3-9) and Clemson (9-5) from the Power 5.
You know who else Clemson lost to? Maryland (2-10). South Carolina (7-6).

To go along with those wins there are losses... (7-6) Michigan St, (9-4) Washington, (7-6) Oregon St "this decade".

What I don't see is Boise or TCU beating undefeated or 1 loss Power 5 teams. You know....Elite teams.

Boise is a (9-4) team at best in a Power 5 conference.

I feel quite confident in saying that because in Nebraska's last 15 years (their worst since the 60's) they are 23-1 against non-AQ's. Their lone loss was in 2004 (when they were 5-6) to Southern Miss. They lost 17-21.

And get off the picking on Boise St shit. If they're gonna run their mouths about everybody being afraid to play them and claim elite royalty in CFB, expect those statements to be debated.

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are underestimating FSU and Bowden. Yes, FSU played home and home with the "mid-majors" but when it came to the BIG boys they were one way tickets and FSU took them. Those are still the BIG boys
LSU 1H 7A
Nebraska 0H 4A
Ohio St. 0H 2A
Michigan 0H 2A
Oklahoma 0H 1A
These are teams on the list I said BSU should schedule.
FSU did and managed 1 home game vs 16 away games.

and if you want to include ND
Notre Dame 0H 1A
then it is 1 home game vs 17 away games.

I'm pretty sure these guys would manage to work BSU in for a one way game given a few years warning.

You missed the point entirely. When FSU did it they were an independent. Boise cannot schedule 5 or 6 big boys a year because they are in a conference.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the point entirely. When FSU did it they were an independent. Boise cannot schedule 5 or 6 big boys a year because they are in a conference.

Who's forcing Boise St to be a WAC or MWC member again?

I missed that part.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2006? :L

They were (10-2) in 2000, (12-1) in 2002, (13-1) in 2003, and (11-1) in 2004.

How many "big named programs" can even come close to that in those years?

Nobody

Right.....but they started beating big time programs in 2006.

Records don't mean jack shit if your one loss is to the only team that is decent on your schedule all season.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that getting a blue and orange bug up Red Alert's butt is reward enough. FSU has my total respect and Bobby B. was one of the greatest football minds in history. It's kind of fun that our friend needs to go so hard dredging up numbers. And unlike NU, FSU was willing to do a home and home, straight up.

Will Boise continue it's winning tradition with a new staff and players? Well, that's why you play the game. The very fact that folks are always making anti-Boise threads is music to us Boise fans' ears. It means that we got you right where we want you. Meanwhile, Boise will once again open on the road in a hostile venue as an underdog, yet again. We do it every year.

Oh, and since you are so busy whining about Boise's schedule, your school could always drop that 1aa game and play us. Why not give your AD a call?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that getting a blue and orange bug up Red Alert's butt is reward enough. FSU has my total respect and Bobby B. was one of the greatest football minds in history. It's kind of fun that our friend needs to go so hard dredging up numbers. And unlike NU, FSU was willing to do a home and home, straight up.

Numbers instead of bloviating rhetoric hit home don't they?

The offer for the 2 for 1 from Nebraska was made back in 2009. The buyout was $1 Million and Boise would get $800K for coming to Lincoln.

The H and H with Florida St was made just last year (4 years later) and Boise gets $400K. LONG AFTER your AD got called out and egg all over Boise's face for bloviating.

Will Boise continue it's winning tradition with a new staff and players? Well, that's why you play the game. The very fact that folks are always making anti-Boise threads is music to us Boise fans' ears. It means that we got you right where we want you. Meanwhile, Boise will once again open on the road in a hostile venue as an underdog, yet again. We do it every year.[/QOUTE]

Oh, and since you are so busy whining about Boise's schedule, your school could always drop that 1aa game and play us. Why not give your AD a call?

There are threads all over SportsHoopla made about, pedo's, rapists, animal fuckers, fat asses, dumb-asses, and crack ho's as well. Does that mean they've got us where they want us too?

Face it smiles, you're a wanna be. At best, Boise's 2 undefeated go 9-3 in a Power 5 conference.

Boise's main office phone is ringing. It's New Mexico. They want to be sure they can count you in for the next 10 years.

Enjoy that "HOSTILE" Georgia Dome neutral field against juggernaut Ole Miss. :L

2013 - (8-5)
2012 - (7-6)
2011 - (2-10)
2010 - (5-7)

Get past that one and you can ease back into your mid-major schedule.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO!!!!!

That "HOSTILE VENUE" smilesid referred to STILL has "LOWER LEVEL" seats available for face value $75. :L
You can't make this shit up. hahahahahaha :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Attachments

• Ole Miss vs Boise St.JPG
    Ole Miss vs Boise St.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 38

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lower Level also available for the Boise St side.

1 MONTH AWAY from the game. :lol:

Attachments

• Ole Miss vs Boise St B.jpg
    Ole Miss vs Boise St B.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 55

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smilesid....

When in a hole stop digging.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why 'Lower Level' Ole Miss tickets are only $75 and 'Lower Level' Boise St tickets are $83?

If I was in Atlanta, I'd go to this game just for the fuck of it.

Good seats for next to nothing.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I just now realized the game's in Atlanta. Damn, I thought it was at Ole Miss. :doh:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why 'Lower Level' Ole Miss tickets are only $75 and 'Lower Level' Boise St tickets are $83?

If I was in Atlanta, I'd go to this game just for the fuck of it.

Good seats for next to nothing.

Honestly, I don't see this game selling out. After doing a quick Google search, it doesn't even look like the 2011 Boise/UGA game completely sold out.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I just now realized the game's in Atlanta. Damn, I thought it was at Ole Miss. :doh:

When he said "Hostile Venue", I assumed it was at Ole Miss as well. I thought wtf, I used to live in Mississippi. It's not even close to "Hostile" like LSU, Tennessee, Alabama, etc..

I looked to see if it was even sold out and that's when I saw that it was in Atlanta.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it, when you are in a hole, says the guy who then makes a half dozen lame posts. :lol:

Not to worry, BSU fans travel. But the Ole Miss fans can drive to the game and back without needing to rent a room. Boise fans have to fork out for plane tickets, car rental, hotels, and so on. And the last time I looked at a map, Georgia was in SEC country and was the home of the Championship game. But I get it, when you don't have an argument, dredge one up, oh but accuse the other guy of doing it too.

I'd discuss this more, Red, but it just isn't fair engaging into a war of wits with someone so poorly armed.:nod:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it, when you are in a hole, says the guy who then makes a half dozen lame posts. :lol:

Not to worry, BSU fans travel. But the Ole Miss fans can drive to the game and back without needing to rent a room. Boise fans have to fork out for plane tickets, car rental, hotels, and so on. And the last time I looked at a map, Georgia was in SEC country and was the home of the Championship game. But I get it, when you don't have an argument, dredge one up, oh but accuse the other guy of doing it too.

I'd discuss this more, Red, but it just isn't fair engaging into a war of wits with someone so poorly armed.:nod:

I'm pretty sure you have little concept on the distances from Mississippi to Atlanta.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO!!!! You're like shooting fish in a barrel.

Kick-off time is at 8:00 PM (ET).

Not counting any stops, it's a 6 hour drive from Oxford, MS to Atlanta, GA. Add an hour to maneuver stadium traffic, find parking, and get to your seats before kick-off. Total 7 hours.

Add 3.5 hours for the game depending on pre-game, commercial timeouts and halftime show.

That's 9.5 hours to the end of the game which would be approximately 11:30 pm ET.

Walking out of the stadium back to your car, getting out of parking lot traffic and driving (through the night) back to Oxford is another 7 hours, not counting stops.

That puts them home at roughly 6:30 am (ET).

How many fans do you think are going to do that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you are missing the point. No one is asking BSU to schedule "5 or 6 big boys a year". I am saying that BSU could schedule better than they are currently scheduling.

Here is a list of the teams that have played FEWER AP ranked teams in non-bowl games than BSU:

Northern Ill.,
Toledo,
Fla. Atlantic,
FIU,
Western Ky.,
Texas St.-San Marcos,
UTSA (TX),
Georgia State,
Massachusetts,
Ga. Southern,
Appalachian St.

That's IT!!!!

Now, before you say that scheduling the "big boys" in one way games isn't possible for BSU, I will ask you why can a lot of OTHER teams schedule MORE of these kind of games than BSU?

Here is a list of NON-MAJOR teams playing MAJOR opponents that ended the season AP ranked over the "BCS era" in non-bowl games.

La.-Monroe Yr Rnk = 22 Yr T10 = 12 Home = 0 Away = 21 Neut = 1
East Caro. Yr Rnk = 19 Yr T10 = 9 Home = 6 Away = 10 Neut = 3
Louisiana Tech Yr Rnk = 19 Yr T10 = 9 Home = 1 Away = 16 Neut = 2
Arkansas St. Yr Rnk = 19 Yr T10 = 9 Home = 0 Away = 19 Neut = 0
Marshall Yr Rnk = 18 Yr T10 = 7 Home = 3 Away = 15 Neut = 0
Rice Yr Rnk = 18 Yr T10 = 7 Home = 3 Away = 15 Neut = 0
Navy Yr Rnk = 18 Yr T10 = 4 Home = 5 Away = 7 Neut = 6
UAB Yr Rnk = 17 Yr T10 = 5 Home = 2 Away = 15 Neut = 0
Troy Yr Rnk = 17 Yr T10 = 6 Home = 0 Away = 17 Neut = 0
(the above are playing MORE THAN ONE PER YEAR on average)

Southern Miss. Yr Rnk = 15 Yr T10 = 5 Home = 4 Away = 11 Neut = 0
San Diego St. Yr Rnk = 15 Yr T10 = 6 Home = 4 Away = 11 Neut = 0
North Texas Yr Rnk = 14 Yr T10 = 9 Home = 0 Away = 14 Neut = 0
New Mexico St. Yr Rnk = 13 Yr T10 = 5 Home = 1 Away = 12 Neut = 0
Hawaii Yr Rnk = 13 Yr T10 = 4 Home = 10 Away = 3 Neut = 0
San Jose St. Yr Rnk = 13 Yr T10 = 7 Home = 1 Away = 12 Neut = 0
Middle Tenn. St. Yr Rnk = 13 Yr T10 = 6 Home = 0 Away = 12 Neut = 1
Bowling Green Yr Rnk = 12 Yr T10 = 6 Home = 0 Away = 11 Neut = 1
Utah St. Yr Rnk = 12 Yr T10 = 8 Home = 1 Away = 11 Neut = 0
Akron Yr Rnk = 12 Yr T10 = 5 Home = 1 Away = 11 Neut = 0
Western Mich. Yr Rnk = 12 Yr T10 = 5 Home = 1 Away = 11 Neut = 0
Ohio Yr Rnk = 12 Yr T10 = 5 Home = 1 Away = 11 Neut = 0
BYU Yr Rnk = 12 Yr T10 = 5 Home = 4 Away = 8 Neut = 0
Fresno St. Yr Rnk = 11 Yr T10 = 6 Home = 0 Away = 11 Neut = 0
UTEP Yr Rnk = 11 Yr T10 = 5 Home = 2 Away = 9 Neut = 0
Idaho Yr Rnk = 11 Yr T10 = 7 Home = 0 Away = 10 Neut = 1
Central Mich. Yr Rnk = 11 Yr T10 = 4 Home = 1 Away = 10 Neut = 0
Miami (OH) Yr Rnk = 11 Yr T10 = 5 Home = 4 Away = 7 Neut = 0
La.-Lafayette Yr Rnk = 11 Yr T10 = 4 Home = 1 Away = 10 Neut = 0
Eastern Mich. Yr Rnk = 10 Yr T10 = 2 Home = 1 Away = 9 Neut = 0
FIU Yr Rnk = 10 Yr T10 = 4 Home = 2 Away = 8 Neut = 0
Ball St. Yr Rnk = 10 Yr T10 = 4 Home = 1 Away = 9 Neut = 0
Tulsa Yr Rnk = 10 Yr T10 = 5 Home = 3 Away = 7 Neut = 0
Fla. Atlantic Yr Rnk = 10 Yr T10 = 4 Home = 0 Away = 9 Neut = 1
Boise St. Yr Rnk = 9 Yr T10 = 3 Home = 3 Away = 4 Neut = 2

Perhaps one should remember the old adage, " where there's a will = there's a way". Perhaps more aptly put, "where there's a will - there are AWAY's"!

IF BSU wants respect they MUST step up and schedule 1 to 2 big boys IN ONE WAY GAMES. BSU plays more Home games that FSU! Look at it this way, they play 8 conference games with 4 at home and 4 away. That leaves 4 OOC games; 2 at home and 2 away.

A) They can schedule two home-and-home games with middle to lower end BCS teams or upper mountain west teams (one home and one away). Then "like the cowardly SEC" BSU can schedule A one-way cupcake of their choosing coupled with a single ONE-WAY GAME at
1 Ohio St.
2 Oklahoma
3 Texas
4 Oregon
5 USC
6 Wisconsin
7 Nebraska
8 Michigan

B) "Like the cowardly SEC" BSU can schedule TWO one-way cupcake of their choosing coupled with two ONE-WAY GAMES at
1 Ohio St.
2 Oklahoma
3 Texas
4 Oregon
5 USC
6 Wisconsin
7 Nebraska
8 Michigan

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a BSU fan, I like where we are and where we are headed. Will we get back to the Moore years, maybe not. I like our new coach, and wish Pete the best. I would like to see us play better OOC games, 1 and done is fine by me, But for me it is cool to see a team like FSU coming to boise. Can we compete in the power 5 right now, no. Could we in 06-11 we will never know, but it would have been fun to see. I have lived in boise for 50 years now and it use to be when we would play a power team, we knew we were going to get our ass kicked, but in the last 10 years we have won some and lost some. So IMO I would say we are improving..