• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First 16 Years Florida St. vs Last 16 Years Boise St.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a BSU fan, I like where we are and where we are headed. Will we get back to the Moore years, maybe not. I like our new coach, and wish Pete the best. I would like to see us play better OOC games, 1 and done is fine by me, But for me it is cool to see a team like FSU coming to boise. Can we compete in the power 5 right now, no. Could we in 06-11 we will never know, but it would have been fun to see. I have lived in boise for 50 years now and it use to be when we would play a power team, we knew we were going to get our ass kicked, but in the last 10 years we have won some and lost some. So IMO I would say we are improving..

Boise is getting a lot better. 20 years ago I couldn't imagine the Broncos being favored vs a team like WSU. Today, I the Broncos would come in as heavy favorites against most power 5 bottom dwellers.

I do think the MWC is the perfect fit for the bronco's though. I think they'd have trouble maintaining a power 5 program with their budget and their recruiting base. Besides they are better natural rivals with programs like Nevada than Nebraska. I do wish the MWC could get BYU to come back though.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure you have little concept on the distances from Mississippi to Atlanta.

I can read a map just fine, thank you. The data presented proves that it is possible to drive it, although, I'm certain that most will chose to rent a room or make other arrangements. I will be flying to two BSU away games this year, one will cost me several grand to fly to Boston, drive to Hartford, and pay out 3 nights in hotels. The other is cheaper, a flight to Denver, rent a car to Colo Springs, a room, and fly back. I also drove to Seattle, Vegas, Reno, and other points. Ole Miss fans will do a lot better on this one. My trip to Atlanta several years ago cost me about $3000 for my wife and me, but we turned it into a holiday, staying nearly a week and touring the state.

Besides, you jackasses act like teams like Boise need to kiss your butts and plead for the opportunity to be the perpetual underdog in every single game. Boise did that in the past, but once you've won some of those games, you earn the right to get better consideration. That's the difference between playing Boise, a team that has been on the big stage before, and hiring East Undershirt State as a Saturday night hooker to lay down for your 2nd team team to have fun with. Boise continues to take challenging road games, but I love how you morons think that Boise can get a game with Ohio St. or Alabama just by picking up the phone. You have no idea how these games get worked out, none.

So my point stands, but you are correct in one minor detail, I neglected to consider that after the game, most Ole Miss fans will be way too plastered to drive anywhere. Hopefully, after Boise is done, it will be to drown their sorrows. But whatever the outcome, best of luck to Ole Miss fans. I hope for a great game. I wish that more schools were willing to challenge themselves with more than 3 1aa and last place Sun Belt squads.

But to consider this game a truly neutral site is stupid beyond my ability to understand.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can read a map just fine, thank you. The data presented proves that it is possible to drive it, although, I'm certain that most will chose to rent a room or make other arrangements. I will be flying to two BSU away games this year, one will cost me several grand to fly to Boston, drive to Hartford, and pay out 3 nights in hotels. The other is cheaper, a flight to Denver, rent a car to Colo Springs, a room, and fly back. I also drove to Seattle, Vegas, Reno, and other points. Ole Miss fans will do a lot better on this one. My trip to Atlanta several years ago cost me about $3000 for my wife and me, but we turned it into a holiday, staying nearly a week and touring the state.

Besides, you jackasses act like teams like Boise need to kiss your butts and plead for the opportunity to be the perpetual underdog in every single game. Boise did that in the past, but once you've won some of those games, you earn the right to get better consideration. That's the difference between playing Boise, a team that has been on the big stage before, and hiring East Undershirt State as a Saturday night hooker to lay down for your 2nd team team to have fun with. Boise continues to take challenging road games, but I love how you morons think that Boise can get a game with Ohio St. or Alabama just by picking up the phone. You have no idea how these games get worked out, none.

So my point stands, but you are correct in one minor detail, I neglected to consider that after the game, most Ole Miss fans will be way too plastered to drive anywhere. Hopefully, after Boise is done, it will be to drown their sorrows. But whatever the outcome, best of luck to Ole Miss fans. I hope for a great game. I wish that more schools were willing to challenge themselves with more than 3 1aa and last place Sun Belt squads.

But to consider this game a truly neutral site is stupid beyond my ability to understand.

Nobody is going to drive all that distance, watch a football game, and then drive all the way home. NOBODY. Not a single person. Zero, nadda, end of discussion.

I don't think it requires kissing any ass to take the 1 and dones that may be offered to you. It's just a good paycheck and a football game that would go a long way towards providing your team a competitive SoS.

Winning some games doesn't mean much. Everyone else wins games, except everyone else wins more of them every year. Hell, even the worse teams win games, remember Iowa St beating Oklahoma St in 2011?

Boise St has nothing to offer otherwise. I don't know any individual details between teams obviously, but I know Boise St has turned down games with other teams, like Nebraska. They don't make these things public usually, so I have no idea. But I know if they are making crazy demands to Nebraska, they are probably doing it elsewhere and nobody is going to take it up. At the end of the day, it's Boise that needs the help of other teams, not the other way around. There is an old saying - beggars can't be choosy.

I'm sure if Ole Miss wins you won't miss a beat in blaming location.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, 4 down, if Ole Miss wins, it will be because they were the better team on that night. Read my posts, read the posts of any Boise fan. We are the first to congratulate the winner. Last year, we had to eat a lot of crow, but we did, unlike you Bama fans who couldn't say that Auburn was the better team last year, and that you got out coached and out played by a team who simply wanted it more than you did. Same thing when you played Utah several years ago.

And Boise isn't playing for a paycheck, that's what you just don't get. Sure, we seek the best deal we can, but we won't play anyone just for the "privilege." That's why Idaho, a team that became FBS at the same time we did, sucks today. They cashed paychecks in hopeless match-ups and didn't do the important thing, build program. For that, one needs home games, why is that so hard to penetrate your thick skulls?

And the mythology about what FSU did is still not really understood, especially by the original poster. The fact is that FSU lost a lot of those early road games, and as an independent in an area where excellent teams played within driving distance had a different set of circumstances. No one has mentioned how that they got political allies who fronted a lot of money as well, and had better recruiting opportunities. Still, it's Boise's goal to be the FSU of this century. We aren't there yet, but the presence of threads like this, and posters like you, 4 Down who love to hate us, is really quite enjoyable. I consider your put downs to be the sincerest form of flattery. If Boise didn't matter, you wouldn't post. After all, how many Miami of Ohio threads are out there?

I really enjoy the banter, and I see your insults for what they are, thinly disguised jealousy that some bunch of small town hicks, with big chips on their shoulders can dare challenge the cozy oligarchy that is college football today. Stay tuned, we aren't finished up here in Idaho.

Stay strong, old friend. I'd expect nothing less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Ole Miss will have more fans there. However, I doubt it's to the point of being hostile. I just proved you could still get Lower Level tickets, for face value, less than a month away. You don't do that against a big time program.

I'm guessing there are a lot of locals there because decent seats are available and affordable. I'd go if I were within 50 miles of Atlanta just for shitz and giggles.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red, You are going on supposition, I cite actual experience. I was in Autzen, as BSU dismantled Oregon, who went to the Rose Bowl that year, and watched Duck fans boo their own team. I was in DC as 7/8 of Fed Ex field was thunderingly loud for the VT Hokies, and looked at the disbelief as Kellen Moore, Doug Martin and Austin Pettis picked them apart. The place looked like a ghost town by the 4th quarter as most UGA fans hit the exits early, leaving the Dome for us to party. Again, in Atlanta we were outnumbered 10 to one at the Dome, and saw Aaron Murray running for his life all night, get sacked 6 times, hurried on almost every play, and throw picks. Meanwhile skinny Kellen Moore looked like a surgeon. And in Phoenix, BSU fans outnumbered OU and TCU fans. It looked like the whole state was there, the highway back to Boise for the 2 day drive was a Bronco parade.

But the truth is that no one, not even Alabama can do that every week. This is why the big schools schedule so many cream puff games. And Boise puts on more miles every single year, than any SEC school, hell, most SEC won't travel as much in 5 years as Boise does in one. But it's apparent that Ole Miss doesn't have the fan base of the more successful SEC schools, it was a lot harder scoring tickets for the Georgia game. And a lot of Boise fans are having to make tough choices about which games to see, since most of us work for a living. I'll do two trips and set aside $ for a bowl game. While we don't always get a BCS game, Vegas, San Diego, and Hawaii aren't bad places to go around New Year's.

So to ask Boise to travel even more is silly, it just isn't possible. Besides, to land those games, the other team has to be willing to play, which most of those big name schools aren't. Facts are facts, it takes two willing teams to make a date. Boise is willing, but the other guy has to be the same.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smiles, I was at that game at Autzen too, and while Oregon did finish in the top 10, they did not go to the Rose Bowl that year. They won the PAC and went to the Rose Bowl the following season when Boise kicked their ass on the Blue and then Blount kicked Byron Hout's ass at the game's conclusion.

That's it. I just wanted to clarify that. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the banter but don't have anything to add to it at this time.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, 4 down, if Ole Miss wins, it will be because they were the better team on that night. Read my posts, read the posts of any Boise fan. We are the first to congratulate the winner. Last year, we had to eat a lot of crow, but we did, unlike you Bama fans who couldn't say that Auburn was the better team last year, and that you got out coached and out played by a team who simply wanted it more than you did. Same thing when you played Utah several years ago.

If they had played the next day, Alabama still would have been favored to win. Not saying Auburn was the better team has nothing to do with being an Alabama fan, it's just generally the accepted truth. By your logic, was Iowa St a better team in 2011 than Oklahoma St?

In general, you can't even begin to grasp the rivalry between Alabama and Auburn.

And Boise isn't playing for a paycheck, that's what you just don't get. Sure, we seek the best deal we can, but we won't play anyone just for the "privilege." That's why Idaho, a team that became FBS at the same time we did, sucks today. They cashed paychecks in hopeless match-ups and didn't do the important thing, build program. For that, one needs home games, why is that so hard to penetrate your thick skulls?

Boise asking for crazy amounts of money says Boise is playing for a paycheck, you just can't deal with the reality. I seriously doubt that is the reason Idaho sucks.

It doesn't take home games to build a program, and you still have plenty of other games where you could get home games anyway.

And the mythology about what FSU did is still not really understood, especially by the original poster. The fact is that FSU lost a lot of those early road games, and as an independent in an area where excellent teams played within driving distance had a different set of circumstances. No one has mentioned how that they got political allies who fronted a lot of money as well, and had better recruiting opportunities. Still, it's Boise's goal to be the FSU of this century. We aren't there yet, but the presence of threads like this, and posters like you, 4 Down who love to hate us, is really quite enjoyable. I consider your put downs to be the sincerest form of flattery. If Boise didn't matter, you wouldn't post. After all, how many Miami of Ohio threads are out there?

I don't care about excuses on why you aren't FSU. The bottom line is you have to meet the requirements if you want serious consideration and if you hope to build your program.

I don't hate Boise at all - I think you are stupid. There are other Boise fans who are reasonable and have their heads in reality, you are not among them. Oregon has OD and Boise has smiles.

I really enjoy the banter, and I see your insults for what they are, thinly disguised jealousy that some bunch of small town hicks, with big chips on their shoulders can dare challenge the cozy oligarchy that is college football today. Stay tuned, we aren't finished up here in Idaho.

Stay strong, old friend. I'd expect nothing less.

You think an Alabama fan is jealous of Boise St? Statements like that only go to show how truly clueless you are. You ain't finished? Let me know when you get started.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Boise isn't playing for a paycheck, that's what you just don't get. Sure, we seek the best deal we can, but we won't play anyone just for the "privilege." That's why Idaho, a team that became FBS at the same time we did, sucks today. They cashed paychecks in hopeless match-ups and didn't do the important thing, build program.

For that, one needs home games?

I consider your put downs to be the sincerest form of flattery. If Boise didn't matter, you wouldn't post.
After all, how many Miami of Ohio threads are out there?

I really enjoy the banter, and I see your insults for what they are, thinly disguised jealousy

:wtf: Boise has added 6,387 seats in 16 years. It only seats 36,387.

Your 2nd statement is fair. I can see y'all adding one home game a season. Most of majors play 7. Nebraska tried to give you a home game in 2015, but you declined.

Florida St played 11 game regular season games. Boise played 11 in 1998, 2000, 2004, and 2007. Otherwise they played 12, and a couple times 13 with Hawaii.

The population of Idaho is 1.6 million. I assume you're selling out that 36,000 seat stadium. I assume you're selling apparel.

Boise St Home Games

1998 (7), 1999 (8 including Boise Bowl), 2000 (6 including Boise Bowl), 2001 (6 including Boise Bowl), 2002 (7 including Boise Bowl), 2003 (6), 2004 (7 ), 2005 (7 including Boise Bowl), 2006 (6), 2007 (7), 2008 (6), 2009 (7), 2010 (6), 2011 (6), 2012 (6), 2013 (6), 2014 (6)

Florida St Home Games

1976 (5), 1977 (5), 1978 (6), 1979 (6), 1980 (7), 1981 (5), 1982 (6), 1983 (5), 1984 (6), 1985 (6), 1986 (6), 1987 (6), 1988 (7), 1989 (6), 1990 (7), 1991 (7), 1992 (6).

Your 3rd statement is moronic. There are no Miami, OH fans posting here. If they were I doubt they'd be bloviating and telling anybody how 'scared' they are.

Telling an Alabama fan that they are jealous of Boise? What are you a 13 year old girl? :lol:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red, You are going on supposition, I cite actual experience. I was in Autzen, as BSU dismantled Oregon, who went to the Rose Bowl that year, and watched Duck fans boo their own team. I was in DC as 7/8 of Fed Ex field was thunderingly loud for the VT Hokies, and looked at the disbelief as Kellen Moore, Doug Martin and Austin Pettis picked them apart. The place looked like a ghost town by the 4th quarter as most UGA fans hit the exits early, leaving the Dome for us to party. Again, in Atlanta we were outnumbered 10 to one at the Dome, and saw Aaron Murray running for his life all night, get sacked 6 times, hurried on almost every play, and throw picks. Meanwhile skinny Kellen Moore looked like a surgeon. And in Phoenix, BSU fans outnumbered OU and TCU fans. It looked like the whole state was there, the highway back to Boise for the 2 day drive was a Bronco parade.

But the truth is that no one, not even Alabama can do that every week. This is why the big schools schedule so many cream puff games. And Boise puts on more miles every single year, than any SEC school, hell, most SEC won't travel as much in 5 years as Boise does in one. But it's apparent that Ole Miss doesn't have the fan base of the more successful SEC schools, it was a lot harder scoring tickets for the Georgia game. And a
lot of Boise fans are having to make tough choices about which games to see, since most of us work for a living. I'll do two trips and set aside $ for a bowl game. While we don't always get a BCS game, Vegas, San Diego, and Hawaii aren't bad places to go around New Year's.

So to ask Boise to travel even more is silly, it just isn't possible. Besides, to land those games, the other team has to be willing to play, which most of those big name schools aren't. Facts are facts, it takes two willing teams to make a date. Boise is willing, but the other guy has to be the same.

2008 - Oregon 37-32 (I don't consider that "Dismantled") They also lost to (12-1) SoCal 44-10 and lost to (9-4) Cal 26-16.
2010 - Virginia Tech 33-30 (VA Tech LOST to (FCS) James Madison the following week)

The Georgia win was a good one at 35-21, but lets be real you don't find a bigger pre-season national champion than Georgia. They finished 10-4.

Their wins that season were

Coastal Carolina (FCS)
Ole Miss (2-10)
Mississippi St (7-6)
Tennessee (5-7)
Vanderbilt (6-7)
Florida (7-6)
New Mexico St (4-9)
Auburn (8-5)
Kentucky (5-7)
Georgia Tech (8-5)

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had played the next day, Alabama still would have been favored to win. Not saying Auburn was the better team has nothing to do with being an Alabama fan, it's just generally the accepted truth. Delightful how you admit my point to be true, you couldn't give Auburn credit if they beat you 9 out of 14 times this century. Oh that's right, they did :doh:

By your logic, was Iowa St a better team in 2011 than Oklahoma St?
On that day, yes, they were
In general, you can't even begin to grasp the rivalry between Alabama and Auburn. God, are you a self centered soul, every college fan on earth knows that one. But in your case, all I have to do is read your goofy posts, and I get it just fine.

Boise asking for crazy amounts of money says Boise is playing for a paycheck, you just can't deal with the reality. I seriously doubt that is the reason Idaho sucks. Yeah, it's so selfish to expect a million back from a game easily worth 10-25 million payout including TV, gate, concessions, and so on for a home SEC game. You want to play a top team, well it's gonna cost more than playing East Undershirt, and all the other teams you guys prefer playing. You don't comprehend well, do you?

It doesn't take home games to build a program, and you still have plenty of other games where you could get home games anyway. So why is Bama unwilling to travel? You know, a mind is a terrible thing to waste, but in your case, it's no big deal, good friend.

I don't care about excuses on why you aren't FSU. The bottom line is you have to meet the requirements if you want serious consideration and if you hope to build your program. Says the guy who can't even admit that Auburn has dominated his team this century.

I don't hate Boise at all - I think you are stupid. Which coming from you is high praise! There are other Boise fans who are reasonable and have their heads in reality, you are not among them. Oregon has OD and Boise has smiles. Ah, don't get angry because I make you look stupid

You think an Alabama fan is jealous of Boise St? Statements like that only go to show how truly clueless you are. You ain't finished? Let me know when you get started. Oh, I prefer to let the fact that anytime I post, you rise to the bait like a big fat bass. Sorry, 4Down, even reading this post shows your jealousy, I mean really, if this was true, you wouldn't waste your time. GOTCHA!:pound:[/QUOTE]

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had played the next day, Alabama still would have been favored to win. Not saying Auburn was the better team has nothing to do with being an Alabama fan, it's just generally the accepted truth. Delightful how you admit my point to be true, you couldn't give Auburn credit if they beat you 9 out of 14 times this century. Oh that's right, they did :doh:

In general, you can't even begin to grasp the rivalry between Alabama and Auburn. God, are you a self centered soul, every college fan on earth knows that one. But in your case, all I have to do is read your goofy posts, and I get it just fine.

Boise asking for crazy amounts of money says Boise is playing for a paycheck, you just can't deal with the reality. I seriously doubt that is the reason Idaho sucks. Yeah, it's so selfish to expect a million back from a game easily worth 10-25 million payout including TV, gate, concessions, and so on for a home SEC game. You want to play a top team, well it's gonna cost more than playing East Undershirt, and all the other teams you guys prefer playing. You don't comprehend well, do you?

It doesn't take home games to build a program, and you still have plenty of other games where you could get home games anyway. So why is Bama unwilling to travel? You know, a mind is a terrible thing to waste, but in your case, it's no big deal, good friend.

I don't care about excuses on why you aren't FSU. The bottom line is you have to meet the requirements if you want serious consideration and if you hope to build your program. Says the guy who can't even admit that Auburn has dominated his team this century.

I don't hate Boise at all - I think you are stupid. Which coming from you is high praise! There are other Boise fans who are reasonable and have their heads in reality, you are not among them. Oregon has OD and Boise has smiles. Ah, don't get angry because I make you look stupid

You think an Alabama fan is jealous of Boise St? Statements like that only go to show how truly clueless you are. You ain't finished? Let me know when you get started. Oh, I prefer to let the fact that anytime I post, you rise to the bait like a big fat bass. Sorry, 4Down, even reading this post shows your jealousy, I mean really, if this was true, you wouldn't waste your time. GOTCHA!:pound:
[/QUOTE]

I'd have no trouble admitting Auburn was the better team if they were. It was a close game, they pulled it out, that's football. Best team doesn't always win.

No, Iowa St wasn't.

You may think you know about the Alabama Auburn rivalry because you saw a TV show, but you don't really know.

Other teams don't ask for a million dollars when they do home and homes, only Boise St. Teams get paid like that for 1 and dones.

Alabama travels every year. You just want to narrow down the schedule to a small portion of games to present an illusion to support your delusion. Travel first game of the year next year, against a team you would pimp as being good enough of a quality win if you played them. And why does Alabama play them instead of home and homes? Because they are invited to them because Alabama is a big name who isn't scared to start the season off with tougher games and brings in lots of viewers. Teams don't create neutral site games.

Dominated?

Must be jealousy over a team who's 15 minutes are up and surely has nothing to do with my general interest in schedule and team strengths as it pertains to ranking teams in a manner they deserve.

Just most delusion.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Auburn really 9-5 against Alabama this decade? Is that true? If so, damn. I had no clue. Wow.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think an Alabama fan is jealous of Boise St? Statements like that only go to show how truly clueless you are. You ain't finished? Let me know when you get started. Oh, I prefer to let the fact that anytime I post, you rise to the bait like a big fat bass. Sorry, 4Down, even reading this post shows your jealousy, I mean really, if this was true, you wouldn't waste your time. GOTCHA!:pound:

hvwe28.jpg.gif