• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Towers and Fire Gibson petition

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lay off the crack, jahii! And answer our goddamn questions!

Chiledipper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sqod General huh? Dude you're either nuts or just plain stupid and warrant no further comment.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox fan here.

I'm assuming the people in the thread title are the D'backs GM and manager.

If they are, just hope Bobby Valentine doesn't get either job. He managed my team last year,
and demonstrated why he's never lasted more than a year with any team. I try to always use polite language,
but it's more difficult when that incompetent is my subject.

He has no clue on when to lift pitchers, or how to help players who have developed bad habits. He is far too quick to assume they are "dogging it."

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss something? Why is Bobby Valentine being talked about in this thread? lol

This isn't the fault of Towers or Gibby. Towers has tried to improve the team and most of his moves pass the straight face test. What moves by Towers do you take great issue with?

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson to me is getting harder and harder to defend, but his value is still what he brings off the field not during games.

KT has had good moves and bad moves, I don't think its time to put him on the hot seat yet. Its easy to point to the bad things he has done, but he also made some really smart decisions.

+ Moves

• Extending Goldy - Imagine if he had waited until after the year?

• Trading for Aaron Hill.

• Trading for Ziegler.

• Signing Nieves and Chavez - Old dude power!

• Claiming Will Harris off waivers.

• Signing Putz - Hate on it if you want. Putz has been a good closer for us and this will be even better if he figures it out for the rest of the year.

• Trading for Matt Reynolds.

- Moves

• Extending Montero - If I am going to praise him for Goldy, I have to bash him for this. Even if it looked ok at the time.

• Signing Kubel - I get Koobz wasn't horrible his first year here, but it took playing time away from a gold glover.

• Trading Craig Breslow for Albers.

• Trading Walters for Marquis - Marquis was a rental but got hurt, so who knows what could have happened. Walters turned out to be a top 15 prospect in one of the best farm systems in the majors.

• Trading Parker for Cahill and Breslow - I thought about waiting on this one because Cahill (I guess) still has a shot to be better. Trading away Breslow for nothing hurt this though and Parker has been really good lately.

Not good or bad

• Trading Chris young for Bell / Pennington - Bell has had his really good and really bad moments (the bad seem worse) and Pennington is what he is, but we didn't give up a good player and the Marlins paid most of Bell's salary.

• Trading Mark Reynolds for David Hernandez - This one is probably a bit more good than bad because DH was good for us for awhile, but he has been so bad this year.

• Cody Ross - He is actually having an OK year for us, but what keeps this from being a + move is that it creating an even bigger log jam in the OF. If it was for a little less money and we traded Kubel when we signed him, it would be a + move.

Still to be seen (Probably moves that will break or make him)

• Prado / Upton trade - Prado has been better of late and Delgado has been a surprise. Upton is heating up again and Johnson is having a career year.

• Bauer / Didi trade - Didi was really good to start the year and now is slumping bad. Bauer is pitching horribly but the potential is still there.

Probably missed a few transactions, trying to go off memory.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson to me is getting harder and harder to defend, but his value is still what he brings off the field not during games.

KT has had good moves and bad moves, I don't think its time to put him on the hot seat yet. Its easy to point to the bad things he has done, but he also made some really smart decisions.

+ Moves

• Extending Goldy - Imagine if he had waited until after the year?

• Trading for Aaron Hill.

• Trading for Ziegler.

• Signing Nieves and Chavez - Old dude power!

• Claiming Will Harris off waivers.

• Signing Putz - Hate on it if you want. Putz has been a good closer for us and this will be even better if he figures it out for the rest of the year.

• Trading for Matt Reynolds.

- Moves

• Extending Montero - If I am going to praise him for Goldy, I have to bash him for this. Even if it looked ok at the time.

• Signing Kubel - I get Koobz wasn't horrible his first year here, but it took playing time away from a gold glover.

• Trading Craig Breslow for Albers.

• Trading Walters for Marquis - Marquis was a rental but got hurt, so who knows what could have happened. Walters turned out to be a top 15 prospect in one of the best farm systems in the majors.

• Trading Parker for Cahill and Breslow - I thought about waiting on this one because Cahill (I guess) still has a shot to be better. Trading away Breslow for nothing hurt this though and Parker has been really good lately.

Not good or bad

• Trading Chris young for Bell / Pennington - Bell has had his really good and really bad moments (the bad seem worse) and Pennington is what he is, but we didn't give up a good player and the Marlins paid most of Bell's salary.

• Trading Mark Reynolds for David Hernandez - This one is probably a bit more good than bad because DH was good for us for awhile, but he has been so bad this year.

• Cody Ross - He is actually having an OK year for us, but what keeps this from being a + move is that it creating an even bigger log jam in the OF. If it was for a little less money and we traded Kubel when we signed him, it would be a + move.

Still to be seen (Probably moves that will break or make him)

• Prado / Upton trade - Prado has been better of late and Delgado has been a surprise. Upton is heating up again and Johnson is having a career year.

• Bauer / Didi trade - Didi was really good to start the year and now is slumping bad. Bauer is pitching horribly but the potential is still there.

Probably missed a few transactions, trying to go off memory.
FIRE THE BASTARD!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want this clown off your board, just say the word.

Fire Towers and Gibby and they'll be out of work for like 3 minutes.

As a matter of fact, fire Towers and you guys take Byrnes back. Fair? :suds:

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I almost forgot that Byrnes is with the Padres now....sorry.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is actually a good guy. You can't fault someone with an altered state of mind and all...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3