• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Finland vs. Russia

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't bear to see that.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is just taking a paws to reflect.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teemu's speech to the Russian crowd at the end of the game:

We came here tonight, we didn't know what to expect. W seen a lot of people hate us and we didn't know what to feel about that so I guess they didn't like much nothin' either. During this game, I've seen a lot of changing, the way yous feel about us, and in the way we felt about you. In here, there were two teams playing each other, but I guess that's better than 20 million fighting. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if we can change, and you can change, everybody can change!

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say, this thread has been a beary good time.

The nation of Finland, particularly those over about 35-40 years of age, must be feeling great right now taking down the hated Russians on their own soil.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final score was unbearable.

7cf9b4f1c4e8228f814fef42d37915cd_original.jpg

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teemu's speech to the Russian crowd at the end of the game:

We came here tonight, we didn't know what to expect. W seen a lot of people hate us and we didn't know what to feel about that so I guess they didn't like much nothin' either. During this game, I've seen a lot of changing, the way yous feel about us, and in the way we felt about you. In here, there were two teams playing each other, but I guess that's better than 20 million fighting. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if we can change, and you can change, everybody can change!

Rocky IV:suds:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any video anywhere of the post game pressers for russia?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when they read the transcript in the cesspool ... by gawd ... funniest thing ever lol

(from the wall street journal)

Zinetula Bilyaletdinov, the 58-year-old head coach of the Russian hockey team, faced a crowd of stunned Russian journalists after Finland eliminated his squad from the men's hockey tournament here with a 3-1 win in the quarterfinals.

A news conference with Bilyaletdinov, followed by a brief impromptu session surrounded by roughly 20 reporters, offered evidence of how much the loss shocked Russia. Excerpts of the exchanges between the coach and Russian journalists are below:

At a news conference at Sochi's Bolshoy Ice Dome shortly after Russia's loss to Finland:

Q: Is this a catastrophe?

A: This has certainly been an unsuccessful appearance.

Q: [Inaudible]

A: Let's not play with words. I told you, we were unsuccessful. Call it what you will.

Q: Mr. Bilyaletdinov, in what way, exactly, do you see yourself at fault for what happened? What would you have done differently if you could turn back the clock? Maybe you should have played [Alexander] Ovechkin and [Evgeni] Malkin on separate lines?…Did you want to try this, and if so, why didn't you?

A: I don't want to talk about this now. I'm at fault for everything. I didn't fulfill the task before me.

Q: What do you have to say to the fans? 12,000 came to this match and many more watched on television.

A: I apologize to the fans for this result. We were unsuccessful, and the expectations were totally different.

In a scrum with Russian reporters after the news conference:

Q: You said that the analysis will come later. But what mistakes can you talk about now?

A: There were individual mistakes. That's why we couldn't affect the result even though we had twice as many chances as the opponents. We just couldn't score.

Q: What future, if any, do you see for your own work and for your coaching staff? Because, you know, your predecessor was eaten alive after the Olympics—

A: Well then, eat me alive right now—

Q: No, I mean—

A: Eat me, and I won't be here anymore.

Q: But we have the world championship coming up!

A: Well then, there will be a different coach because I won't exist any more, since you will have eaten me.

Q: But you're staying, aren't you?

A: Yes, I will remain living.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when they read the transcript in the cesspool ... by gawd ... funniest thing ever lol

(from the wall street journal)

Zinetula Bilyaletdinov, the 58-year-old head coach of the Russian hockey team, faced a crowd of stunned Russian journalists after Finland eliminated his squad from the men's hockey tournament here with a 3-1 win in the quarterfinals.

A news conference with Bilyaletdinov, followed by a brief impromptu session surrounded by roughly 20 reporters, offered evidence of how much the loss shocked Russia. Excerpts of the exchanges between the coach and Russian journalists are below:

At a news conference at Sochi's Bolshoy Ice Dome shortly after Russia's loss to Finland:

Q: Is this a catastrophe?

A: This has certainly been an unsuccessful appearance.

Q: [Inaudible]

A: Let's not play with words. I told you, we were unsuccessful. Call it what you will.

Q: Mr. Bilyaletdinov, in what way, exactly, do you see yourself at fault for what happened? What would you have done differently if you could turn back the clock? Maybe you should have played [Alexander] Ovechkin and [Evgeni] Malkin on separate lines?…Did you want to try this, and if so, why didn't you?

A: I don't want to talk about this now. I'm at fault for everything. I didn't fulfill the task before me.

Q: What do you have to say to the fans? 12,000 came to this match and many more watched on television.

A: I apologize to the fans for this result. We were unsuccessful, and the expectations were totally different.

In a scrum with Russian reporters after the news conference:

Q: You said that the analysis will come later. But what mistakes can you talk about now?

A: There were individual mistakes. That's why we couldn't affect the result even though we had twice as many chances as the opponents. We just couldn't score.

Q: What future, if any, do you see for your own work and for your coaching staff? Because, you know, your predecessor was eaten alive after the Olympics—

A: Well then, eat me alive right now—

Q: No, I mean—

A: Eat me, and I won't be here anymore.

Q: But we have the world championship coming up!

A: Well then, there will be a different coach because I won't exist any more, since you will have eaten me.

Q: But you're staying, aren't you?

A: Yes, I will remain living.

:laugh3:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aside that need to be mentioned:

lol Rocky IV filmed in Vancouver ... event catered by Churches Chicken on Hastings and Nanaimo ... and they still have the shrine wall of pictures from that movie ... pictures faded by the sun and coated in 29 years of disgusting airborne batter/ketchup/chicken tears