• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Clemmins TD: what's your confusion, dunces?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every goddam week for years I school you morons on game management, strategy, logic, etc, but you refuse to listen.

I see all over these threads discussion and arguments about illegal offensive picks vs. the defense maybe having interfered on that last Clemmins td.

What don't you understand about that play?

Let me dunce-splain it for you dunces:

Alabama was supposed to buttfudge each receiver hardcore and gratuitously and take the penalty. Then, Clemmins would be forced to kick a last second fg to tie the game. BAMA did it on the previous play even though they had double coverage. They straight tackled the receiver, and it was smart to do so.
On the td play, The one DB did his job and grabbed the one receiver and tackled his ass. How the idiot DBs let themselves get crossed up is unfathomable. They should have maintained their zone, let the receivers do all their jukes or crosses or whatever, then when the qb even started his throw, they just tackle the wr.

...but the fact that you idiots don't understand exactly what was going on there is once again laughable. Please, get smarter.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a time in football history where a team committed a penalty on purpose in this scenario?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a time in football history where a team committed a penalty on purpose in this scenario?
BAMA did it the play before. What possible reason would you not do it. You guarantee yourself overtime instead of giving the other team BOTH a chance to win AND then to tie.

What's confusing to you?!?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAMA did it the play before. What possible reason would you not do it. You guarantee yourself overtime instead of giving the other team BOTH a chance to win AND then to tie.

What's confusing to you?!?

You could also intercept the ball or cause a fumble as the defense. Then that guy who tackled the receiver is gonna look real smart. Stop being an arrogant prick. Defenses don't commit penalties on purpose unless they 100% know they are beat. Any team that would do it "bc it's the safe thing to do" deserves to lose.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could also intercept the ball or cause a fumble as the defense. Then that guy who tackled the receiver is gonna look real smart. Stop being an arrogant prick. Defenses don't commit penalties on purpose unless they 100% know they are beat. Any team that would do it "bc it's the safe thing to do" deserves to lose.
Wow. You're really arguing this? Lol. Not only should they do it, they WERE doing it. Wow. You can't see that. Y'all are duncier than I thought

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. You're really arguing this? Lol. Not only should they do it, they WERE doing it. Wow. You can't see that. Y'all are duncier than I thought

If the ball had been picked off but it was negated bc a different defender tackled a receiver you would be on here defending that player as "smart" right? No you wouldn't so stop trying to downplay a great game and a fantastic ending with your hindsight bullshit and STFU. You do this after any fantastic ending to a game and it's the most annoying shit ever. I'm a confused dunce tho bc I actually like exciting finishes and a team playing with the belief they are going to do something to win

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not hind sight. We were discussing it before the final two plays on the drive. And then it came to be. Why? Because SaBan is smart. You are not.

You are still confused. I'm not saying one db took it upon himself to do something. I'm telling you it was the purposeful correct strategy employed.

They even did it on the play before the td when they had both over and under coverage on one guy.

You're refusal to acknowledge what is right in your face and what is explained to you in direct logic is laughable.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is happening in this thread and why?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is happening in this thread and why?
Ppl refuse to understand that BAMA was tackling the receivers on purpose in the final two plays of the winning drive, and that it is indeed the correct strategy.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone got vid of the play before the td pass?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy who keeps calling them clemmins calling everyone dunces. nice

and yes I know you are doing it on purpose but its stupid

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Clemson kick a FG instead of running another play to try for the TD? Particularly if they knew the DBs were going to tackle the receivers.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson won?

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama did it the play before and tried to on the TD pass. Everyone keeps calling the pick when the DB mugged the receiver and helped get the entanglement started.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Clemson kick a FG instead of running another play to try for the TD? Particularly if they knew the DBs were going to tackle the receivers.

Because there would only be 1 second left.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was at the end of the first half instead of the end of regulation, but I remember the Niners this season holding all the Saints receivers in order to force them to kick a FG.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every goddam week for years I school you morons on game management, strategy, logic, etc, but you refuse to listen.

I see all over these threads discussion and arguments about illegal offensive picks vs. the defense maybe having interfered on that last Clemmins td.

What don't you understand about that play?

Let me dunce-splain it for you dunces:

Alabama was supposed to buttfudge each receiver hardcore and gratuitously and take the penalty. Then, Clemmins would be forced to kick a last second fg to tie the game. BAMA did it on the previous play even though they had double coverage. They straight tackled the receiver, and it was smart to do so.
On the td play, The one DB did his job and grabbed the one receiver and tackled his ass. How the idiot DBs let themselves get crossed up is unfathomable. They should have maintained their zone, let the receivers do all their jukes or crosses or whatever, then when the qb even started his throw, they just tackle the wr.

...but the fact that you idiots don't understand exactly what was going on there is once again laughable. Please, get smarter.

It's all in the preparation, and knowing when to bench a player.

Seriously. Watch this. It's the identical fucking play. They just prepared for it and instead of the outside receiver, Wilson went to the inside guy and Butler had been coached up on this play that they didn't ever think they were gonna have to use.

It's fucking incredible.

Last edited:

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because there would only be 1 second left.

I understand that. They clearly went for the win with six seconds left because there was no way to know they'd have one second left on the clock. Why not go for the win with one second left?