• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Clemmins TD: what's your confusion, dunces?

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what does that have to do with the BAMA strategy? It is BAMA counting on the two plays and strategizing for it. Is there a basic linear logic course you can take at your college?

So, had the defender held the receiver as you suggest, who would have stopped the mobile, athletic QB from just running it in himself? From Bama?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, had the defender held the receiver as you suggest, who would have stopped the mobile, athletic QB from just running it in himself? From Bama?
If he's smart, he himself would have. Knee and time out OR throw it at feet of held receiver. Also, the DBs we are discussing were not in charge of stopping him so your point is again pointless.

Again, all that has NOTHING to do with the pre-snap BAMA strategy. YOU ppl really can't hold a specific line of thought in your heads, can you?

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's smart, he himself would have. Knee and time out OR throw it at feet of held receiver. Again, that has NOTHING to do with the pre-snap BAMA strategy. YOU ppl really can't hold a specific line of thought in your heads, can you?

Or...perhaps we understand that the scenarios are more nuanced than your simplistic solutions suggest.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or...perhaps we understand that the scenarios are more nuanced than your simplistic solutions suggest.
The guy that implies the QBs only option would be to run for an 'almost sure TD' is arguing nuance? Lol

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a free play. Why not go for broke?
So, your argument now is that in real time with 4 seconds left as he sees his WRs get taken down or hugged, without a ref flag possibly having time yet to be thrown, he's going to be so sure he has a free play, that he's going to try for a running conversion that will lose the game for his team if it fails? Instead of taking what was surely the pre-snap strategy of "if it ain't there, stop the clock/throw it away"?

Y'all will say anything instead of just admitting you're wrong or you didn't realize something that is now pointed out to you.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, your argument now is that in real time with 4 seconds left as he sees his WRs get taken down or hugged, without a ref flag possibly having time yet to be thrown, he's going to be so sure he has a free play, that he's going to try for a running conversion that will lose the game for his team if it fails? Instead of taking what was surely the pre-snap strategy of "if it ain't there, stop the clock/throw it away"?

Y'all will say anything instead of just admitting you're wrong or you didn't realize something that is now pointed out to you.

Are you arguing that he lacks the awareness to see a flag getting thrown and make a decision knowing that he has a free play? Particularly since he would also know that your brilliant strategy ties up some of the defenders, making his chances of success even greater?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you arguing that he lacks the awareness to see a flag getting thrown and make a decision knowing that he has a free play? Particularly since he would also know that your brilliant strategy ties up some of the defenders, making his chances of success even greater?
One. All this has NOTHING to do with the pre snap BAMA strategy.

Two, as I wrote explicitly, no flag would have time to be thrown in that instant of decision making.

Again, those defenders on the edge are tasked with the receivers and in no way would be in a position to stop the qb diving for a td if he chose to do that.

You simply cannot hold a logical, on point thought in your mind.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One. All this has NOTHING to do with the pre snap BAMA strategy.

Two, as I wrote explicitly, no flag would have time to be thrown in that instant of decision making.

Again, those defenders on the edge are tasked with the receivers and in no way would be in a position to stop the qb diving for a td if he chose to do that.

You simply cannot hold a logical, on point thought in your mind.

If I may paraphrase you:

"Why don't people just agree with me when I present limited-application scenarios that haven't considered all of the possible angles"

I picture that accompanied by stomping of feet and a really red face.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I may paraphrase you:

"Why don't people just agree with me when I present limited-application scenarios that haven't considered all of the possible angles"

I picture that accompanied by stomping of feet and a really red face.
I'll play along: 'why can't I think for myself, decipher correct logic and strategy, and see plainly what the factual data shows me.' Pictured with crying Sooner kid at RRSO face.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll play along: 'why can't I think for myself, decipher correct logic and strategy, and see plainly what the factual data shows me.' Pictured with crying Sooner kid at RRSO face.

I accept your apology.