• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Female officials coming to the NFL?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of all of the sexism. If a girl is a ref, so what. A ref is a ref, and should be treated as such. If a female doesn't do an adequate job, she will be fired the same way a man will.

You're tired of the sexism? Oh please, take your stupid post and your politically correct BS out of here. It is what it is.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of all of the sexism. If a girl is a ref, so what. A ref is a ref, and should be treated as such. If a female doesn't do an adequate job, she will be fired the same way a man will.

Agree'd

Women can do anything a man can do, except drive :ss:

If a woman wants to be an NFL ref knowing the risks and is the best person for the job available then great.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no problem. If you're qualified, you're qualified regardless of gender.

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care. In fact, it shouldn't matter what I think. If the NFL thinks that they're qualified, then I don't see what the fuss is about.

It's not like the male officials are doing a superb job or something.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if this reduces the quality of the game for you, then you aren't watching the game right. Has anyone watched a football game and thought "boy, I'm glad all the refs in this sport are only men" before this was announced? No one REALLY cares about the gender of the refs. It's a non issue.

I just hope it's not ditzy bimbos who think it's cute, when it's annoying. I don't want football sexified, and I don't want it dumbed down. She needs to be held to the standard of men.....or

back to the kitchen with her!

:flame:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.....way more distracting than the 30 cheerleaders on the sidelines. Come on! How many NBA players have been nailed in the head with a pass staring at Violet Palmer? I think this is a stretch.

LOL! I've actually seen Violet Palmer officiate many games here in Cali but I don't think they're distracted with her as they used to be when she first made her way into the league.

With that said, I'm not sure about female refs into the NFL thing. Trust me, I'm for women's EOP but I'm not so sure about football. Granted, these old men that we see in the NFL aren't doing that great of a job to begin with, but if women refs were to be hired into the NFL, I would imagine they'd have to be younger than their male counterparts in order to run with the play.

Women refs in FIFA have proven they can athletically keep up with the play, but that's dealing with women players. Male players - not so sure. They'd have to hire women who can run i.e. Jackie Joyner Kersee types.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only if they wear this
bridal-lingerie.jpg

:flame:

I'll throw it her way...

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... well looking and baseball and football lately why not have women umps and refs... The calls can't get any worse. And maybe it will be easier to stomach a bad call if it has a nice rack. If things were the way they are supposed to be there could be women refs and youd hardly know. In the last few years in sports Officials are being more flamboyant and inserting themselves into the game as if fans come to see them. Some of the calls I swear the official is back there going... wait I havent been on camera in a while . I better throw the flag to get my face time..

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am against it, only because I've seen it in the NBA. Their is a woman name Violet Brown and it seems she tries to make a name for herself every game she calls. Like she wants it to be known that their's a woman in the NBA. She's also extra quick to call technical fouls on players which I think changes the game. If they change the game, it shouldn't happen.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am against it, only because I've seen it in the NBA. Their is a woman name Violet Brown and it seems she tries to make a name for herself every game she calls. Like she wants it to be known that their's a woman in the NBA. She's also extra quick to call technical fouls on players which I think changes the game. If they change the game, it shouldn't happen.

Yea I'm for women, but only if they don't do stuff like this. I won't assume every woman is going to have the same personalty as brown though, but i think it may be a little difficult to avoid it since they are likely to feel like they are breaking ground, and have to earn more respect. But I'm still willing to give them a chance.

If females coming in is inevitable, then making them feel like they aren't respected will only guarantee it happens.