• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FEB 16 > Sitcom Draft

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@femurov - you were right, I was wrong on Dr. Perry Cox (I had it backwards)

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Tlance with stunningly perfect back to back picks. Oh my Marie Ann. Loved that girl. and That Girl too. Maybe

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know anything about computers? My work computer is acting up. The mouse went out on it, so I rebooted it and it was still not working. Plugged in a different mouse that worked at another computer and it still doesn't work. Tried plugging both mice into a different port and neither works. The original mouse is not working on any other computer, but no working mouse is working on mine. Any suggestions?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know anything about computers? My work computer is acting up. The mouse went out on it, so I rebooted it and it was still not working. Plugged in a different mouse that worked at another computer and it still doesn't work. Tried plugging both mice into a different port and neither works. The original mouse is not working on any other computer, but no working mouse is working on mine. Any suggestions?
@HaroldSeattle
Femurov needs you.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Sammy -

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RhEvCHIeZAZ6E.gif

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think we are done for the night - off to bed. ...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that Harold and Steelers didn't want to participate cause they don't watch much tv.
Believe it or not, I hardly watch any new shows.
Most of what I watch are reruns. Or syndicated sitcoms sold to other channels.

Love Allison Janney.
She's in the show Mom. It's a newer show.
She plays a recovering substance abuser reconciling with her daughter (Anna Ferris).

I seem to be drafting selfish and/or shallow characters. (George; Homer; Kelso; Dr. Solomon, & now Bonnie).
Not sure if that means something psychologically?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

momquotes15.jpg

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think we are done for the night - off to bed. ...

G'night. Tonight's chart:

2018 Sitcom Chart.png

Must say, the last round had some quality characters.
Loved the Fred Sanford pick.
And Maxwell Smart.
And Phoebe. She was the funniest of the 6 Friends hands down.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wilwhite
Damn man I thought for sure she would fall. Love that character.great pick!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Phoebe. She was the funniest of the 6 Friends hands down.

To each their own Joe. I thought she was way too quirky at times and the writer's just tried too hard to make her relevant. She was the one character of the six that I would have been perfectly fine with them lifting out of the show completely. Don't get me wrong, she had some hilarious moments like the one where Rachel invites her to jog with her. I still crack up just thinking about the way Phoebe runs and we still use that reference in our house if somebody is running around crazy.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own Joe. I thought she was way too quirky at times and the writer's just tried too hard to make her relevant. She was the one character of the six that I would have been perfectly fine with them lifting out of the show completely. Don't get me wrong, she had some hilarious moments like the one where Rachel invites her to jog with her. I still crack up just thinking about the way Phoebe runs and we still use that reference in our house if somebody is running around crazy.
On the whole, I agree with you. However smelly cat was good shit

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty's pick - Dr. Robert Hartley - The deadpan look and one liners where classic - he will go well with Sheldon (in fact, he already has)

Last edited:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some Phoebe was the odd duck who didn't belong. For others she was what made the show tolerable. Either way, it was like she had wandered in from some other show.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some Phoebe was the odd duck who didn't belong. For others she was what made the show tolerable. Either way, it was like she had wandered in from some other show.

the thing about many sitcoms that lasted long is that it became just as cool to hate on them as to love them... I mean, there is a reason some of these shows lasted so long... also, when shows lasted so long they usually began to exaggerate their characters when they ran out of ideas... Friends lasted too long for its own good IMO...

and just like when an athlete plays a lot of seasons... Look at Gaylord Perry in baseball, he is one of the greatest pitchers of all time, but people remember his OK seasons late in his career, and forget how great he was...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We currently have a 3-way tie for the sitcom with the most drafted characters at 4 a piece:

The Office (Michael, Dwight, Jim, Andy)
Seinfeld (George, Cosmo, Elaine, Jerry)
That 70's Show (Red, Kitty, Michael, Steven)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sister in law wedding weekend, so might make me a bit scarce around here

I sent Milk my next pick already, will definitely be popping in and checking up, but just wanted to put out the disclaimer on this weekend - all of my wife's family members that I like to hang out with will be in town.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you let the smoke out of the computer? Computers run on smoke and stop working once it escapes.