• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favors scoring.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had his season high in points yesterday. I guess his shot attempts were down the first several games.

Since then, he's had a FGA average closer to last season (although still a little bit less).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Player Note Wed, Feb 1

Derrick Favors (rest) has been ruled out for Wednesday's game against the Bucks.

Advice: This will be Favors' second straight game on the sidelines due to "rest," but it feels like the Jazz aren't giving the full story here considering he was rested on Saturday and wasn't able to take any contact during Monday and Tuesday's practice. Favors just hasn't looked right all year long, and it's beginning to look like this could be a lost season for him. Trey Lyles will likely draw the start tonight, with Boris Diaw seeing some extended run with the second unit.

More: Andy Larsen on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Player Note Wed, Feb 1

Derrick Favors (rest) has been ruled out for Wednesday's game against the Bucks.

Advice: This will be Favors' second straight game on the sidelines due to "rest," but it feels like the Jazz aren't giving the full story here considering he was rested on Saturday and wasn't able to take any contact during Monday and Tuesday's practice. Favors just hasn't looked right all year long, and it's beginning to look like this could be a lost season for him. Trey Lyles will likely draw the start tonight, with Boris Diaw seeing some extended run with the second unit.

More: Andy Larsen on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

At this point Favors is nearing the dreaded Injury Prone red flag. He never seems to get the massive injury that wipes out entire years, but he is always hurt in some way.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Favors is nearing the dreaded Injury Prone red flag. He never seems to get the massive injury that wipes out entire years, but he is always hurt in some way.

Between 2012-2015, he played in 224/246, 91.1%.

Between 2015 and now, he's played in 95/131 games, 72.5%.

I guess see how many of the remaining games he ends up playing in, and then make a decision.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be a bummer, but i,think it makes sense. Lyles is the lesser player, but he is a better fit next to Gobert. Most of favors value right now comes from his Center minutes when Gobert sits. He is way too good to be limited to that role.

The trouble with a trade is what do you target? You would need a backup center in return, but I don't see you get a piece on top of that will really help your team. Hill, Hood, Hayward, and Gobert are set. Burke is a solid 6th man that can back up PG and Sg.

Basically any Favors trade would have to be for another PF and Favors value has never been lower so I don't see how you turn it into am upgrade.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a bummer, but i,think it makes sense. Lyles is the lesser player, but he is a better fit next to Gobert. Most of favors value right now comes from his Center minutes when Gobert sits. He is way too good to be limited to that role.

The trouble with a trade is what do you target? You would need a backup center in return, but I don't see you get a piece on top of that will really help your team. Hill, Hood, Hayward, and Gobert are set. Burke is a solid 6th man that can back up PG and Sg.

Basically any Favors trade would have to be for another PF and Favors value has never been lower so I don't see how you turn it into am upgrade.

Didn't Favors and Gobert play well together last year though?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Favors and Gobert play well together last year though?

Yeah, Favors adding the 15 foot jumper made it so they can play, but a true stretch 4 is a better fit imo. Let's Gobert hang around the paint on offense without much conflict.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Favors adding the 15 foot jumper made it so they can play, but a true stretch 4 is a better fit imo. Let's Gobert hang around the paint on offense without much conflict.

What about the tradeoff on defense? Favors + Gobert makes it a top defensive frontcourt.

Gobert and a stretch 4 who might not rebound or defend as well makes it an average defense.

Personally I think perimeter defense is the most important (the longer you stop the ball from getting in the paint, the easier time a big man will have to help), but if you can get 2 frontcourt players who are good at defense, it's hard to break that up.