• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA All-Time Scoring Record Watch Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a nitpick, but I wish James and Kareem would have had a real hug.

That basketball that Kareem was holding, to pass to James, kind of got in the way of a real hug.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not that fun. I think there's a lot more fun facts out there.

I do kind of like seeing the caricatures StatMuse comes up with for the players. So the post was kind of good, just for filing away another caricature of a player.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish LeBron hadn't gotten hurt so quickly, after such an important game last week, for his personal accomplishments.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I think that people didn’t make a big deal about was that he did it in 1460 games or so and Kareem did it in 1511 games or so. I know that defense is different in Kareem’s day and three-point shooting is more used this era, but the three-point shooting is not an excuse for LeBron getting there quicker because that’s actually a skill To make more, so that’s a positive, not a disclaimer for his speed to get there.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think I know that people made a big deal about was that he did it in 1450 games or so and Kareem did it in 1500+ games. I know that defense is different and three-point shooting is different, that the three-point shooting is not an excuse because that’s actually a skill.

Yeah, the 3-point shooting shouldn't be used as a detriment. He's a pretty good 3-point shooter, and he worked A LOT on it.

He wasn't that good at it for several years, and I had given up on him becoming a better shooter.

Convention wisdom suggests that shooting can improve after a player enters the league, and gets regular playing time, regular coaching, etc.

From my observations, it's rare that a player improves his shooting by much, over his career. If he hasn't done it within a few years, there is a high probability that his shooting is what it is, at that point.

As you said, it's a skill that he improved to the point where it's an asset, not a liability.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the 3-point shooting shouldn't be used as a detriment. He's a pretty good 3-point shooter, and he worked A LOT on it.

He wasn't that good at it for several years, and I had given up on him becoming a better shooter.

Convention wisdom suggests that shooting can improve after a player enters the league, and gets regular playing time, regular coaching, etc.

From my observations, it's rare that a player improves his shooting by much, over his career. If he hasn't done it within a few years, there is a high probability that his shooting is what it is, at that point.

As you said, it's a skill that he improved to the point where it's an asset, not a liability.

I edited and added to my previous comment, because I think that I may have made it confusing before.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I edited and added to my previous comment, because I think that I may have made it confusing before.

Ok, thanks. So I guess you see more people detracting from the number of games he did it in, because of the 3-point shot, than people using it as an asset because he still had to make those shots at at high enough %.