• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Live Performances

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triumph put on one of the best shows I have ever seen. But it was more about the show then the music.

The best song I ever heard live was Paranoid by Ozzy. He had Metallica come on stage with him and play it along side his band.

You were there live? That's another one that I always come across when I go down the Sabbath rabbit hole on YouTube. You can tell Metallica was so jacked up to be playing with Ozzy.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were there live? That's another one that I always come across when I go down the Sabbath rabbit hole on YouTube. You can tell Metallica was so jacked up to be playing with Ozzy.

Not at the HOF. Metallica opened for Ozzy on the Ultimate Sin tour. The show I was at was the last show Metallica did with Cliff Burton in America. I had to look up the date August 3, 1986.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1974 Alice Cooper/Black Oak Arkansas at Cobo Hall in Detroit

I have never seen anything so crazy in all my life ... Great Show

When I saw Alice in summer of 1973 I think he had Brownsville Station as back up (Smokin in the Boys Room).

But Black Oak opened for Johnny Winter when I saw him in May 1974.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet that was good.

Just getting into JB...got his "Blow by Blow" album on SACD...nice!

I also recommend Wired. The album right after Blow by Blow.

And the BluRay of this concert I posted is superb. Clapton drops in for 2 or 3 songs too and to see he and JB together is wonderful.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stumbled upon this performance by a young Black Sabbath. Holy f'ing shit balls. Not sure I ever heard a band from this era go off like they do on War Pigs here. Blows the album version away, and the energy from a young Ozzy/Bill/Tony/Geezer is unreal.

Got me thinking about some of my all-time favorite recorded performances. What are yours?

That whole concert is on Youtube I think. Absolutely fucking insane.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also recommend Wired. The album right after Blow by Blow.

And the BluRay of this concert I posted is superb. Clapton drops in for 2 or 3 songs too and to see he and JB together is wonderful.

Beck...I've heard Wired should be my next purchase...you've confirmed it...will do. Blow by Blow is multi channel on SACD, awesome...I haven't bought any bluray concerts yet, some old DVD stuff Stevie Ray Vaughn, and a few more...will look into those as well.

I was going to post my favorite concerts but didn't have time to find the Youtube stuff.

I'll do it here anyway since you mentioned Clapton.

Prince...Purple Rain, ATL...maybe the best showman on stage I've ever seen and an underrated guitar player.

Eric Clapton, Cream various, Unplugged - PHI...relentless, 2 hrs, no breaks, he went from acoustic to electric and back many times.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beck...I've heard Wired should be my next purchase...you've confirmed it...will do. Blow by Blow is multi channel on SACD, awesome...I haven't bought any bluray concerts yet, some old DVD stuff Stevie Ray Vaughn, and a few more...will look into those as well.

I was going to post my favorite concerts but didn't have time to find the Youtube stuff.

I'll do it here anyway since you mentioned Clapton.

Prince...Purple Rain, ATL...maybe the best showman on stage I've ever seen and an underrated guitar player.

Eric Clapton, Cream various, Unplugged - PHI...relentless, 2 hrs, no breaks, he went from acoustic to electric and back many times.

I love my BluRay concerts during Happy hour outside on our patio. I've got many. Cream at Royal Albert Hall 2005, Clapton and Winwood MSG 2008, the Beck one, a Zeppelin (Song Remains the Same), an Elvis Costello and the Imposters, a Doors (Hollywood Bowl), Stop Making Sense (Talking Heads), Rattle and Hum, Woodstock, Hendrix (Blue Wild Angel), and a couple more.

Never got into Prince.