• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Live Performances

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stumbled upon this performance by a young Black Sabbath. Holy f'ing shit balls. Not sure I ever heard a band from this era go off like they do on War Pigs here. Blows the album version away, and the energy from a young Ozzy/Bill/Tony/Geezer is unreal.

Got me thinking about some of my all-time favorite recorded performances. What are yours?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avenged Sevenfold. Hands down.

Yeah, when I was really into A7X they had some great live stuff I kept going back to. Kind of grew out of them as a band, but they f'ing kill it live.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when I was really into A7X they had some great live stuff I kept going back to. Kind of grew out of them as a band, but they f'ing kill it live.

I haven't been to too many concerts, but I was surprised how great they were live. There's a number of bands I've been kind of disappointed by their vocals.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been to too many concerts, but I was surprised how great they were live. There's a number of bands I've been kind of disappointed by their vocals.

Yeah, Shadows can sing.

Good drummer = Good live band. Most of the time anyway, so long as the singer can hold his vocals together for an entire tour. Which can be tough, and sometimes if you catch a band on the back end of their tour. The vocalist can be worn out.

The Rev was obviously very good, and the young kid from a technical standpoint is just as good. He just doesn't offer as much from a creative standpoint. The Rev's death has left a gaping hole in the band, from a creativity/writing perspective.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Shadows can sing.

Good drummer = Good live band. Most of the time anyway, so long as the singer is good. The Rev was obviously very good, and the young kid from a technical standpoint is just as good. He just doesn't offer as much from a creative standpoint. The Rev's death has left a gaping hole in the band, from a creativity/writing perspective.

Agreed. Their music hasn't been the same since then.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Their music hasn't been the same since then.

Yeah, I think Gates and Zack Vengeance (God, their stage names are so douchey, lol) lead the way with most of their original ideas and sound arrangements now. Gates is a good lead guitarist and comes up with some really sick riffs. However, the Rev's outside of the box, bordering on insane thinking with both his drumming and writing added a touch that cannot be replaced. They'll never turn out anymore stuff like say... Little Piece of Heaven. And their new drummer will never duplicate the beats/fills The Rev came up with for Almost Easy, Beast and the Harlot... etc... You can practice the technical aspects of drumming all your life, but creativity like that is extremely rare.

I listened to Hail to the King like once, and haven't picked up their stuff since outside of a throwback to something from their old stuff. Haven't even heard the new album... I don't even know the title. lol. I used to be a straight up fan boy. Funny how things change.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Gates and Zack Vengeance (God, their stage names are so douchey, lol) lead the way with most of their original ideas and sound arrangements now. Gates is a good lead guitarist and comes up with some really sick riffs. However, the Rev's outside of the box, bordering on insane thinking with both his drumming and writing added a touch that cannot be replaced. They'll never turn out anymore stuff like say... Little Piece of Heaven. And their new drummer will never duplicate the beats/fills The Rev came up with for Almost Easy, Beast and the Harlot... etc... You can practice the technical aspects of drumming all your life, but creativity like that is extremely rare.

I listened to Hail to the King like once, and haven't picked up their stuff since outside of a throwback to something from their old stuff. Haven't even heard the new album... I don't even know the title. lol. I used to be a straight up fan boy. Funny how things change.

When you mentioned The Rev's "insane thinking" the first song that came to mind was Little Piece of Heaven lol. One of my favorite songs of all time. Still have no idea what the fuck half that song is supposed to mean, but it's a great one.

Their music since he passed has just been... terrible to say the least. Hail to the King was garbage and everything on that album was terrible. Don't think I've heard any of their songs since that album. Don't even know if they have released a new one since then.

M. Shadows is such an amazing vocalist, it's kind of a shame. Part of me being so impressed with Avenged Sevenfold live was the way that he sings you'd think his voice would eventually give out, but no, live (in 2008 at least) he sounded exactly like he did on the album.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triumph put on one of the best shows I have ever seen. But it was more about the show then the music.

The best song I ever heard live was Paranoid by Ozzy. He had Metallica come on stage with him and play it along side his band.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1974 Alice Cooper/Black Oak Arkansas at Cobo Hall in Detroit

I have never seen anything so crazy in all my life ... Great Show