• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True no doubts, not saying they wouldn't, just saying it's gonna be damned expensive, and might hamstring an already disfunctional organization even more. Hard way for Riech to get good HC marks on the resume, for sure.

Man that'd be crazy. Hard to imagine a world where TY Hilton for Nick Foles is a "good" move
whoever gets foles will be disappointed unless he takes that great Oline with him:suds:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that'd be crazy. Hard to imagine a world where TY Hilton for Nick Foles is a "good" move
I hope you realize I'm merely speculating.
But a team that is desperate makes desperate type of deals.
Look at the Bears with Glennon last season.
Look at the Bills with Tyrod.
Look at what the Redskins are doing with Smith/Cousins.
Look at the Browns... every season.​

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True no doubts, not saying they wouldn't, just saying it's gonna be damned expensive, and might hamstring an already disfunctional organization even more. Hard way for Riech to get good HC marks on the resume, for sure.

Be a really stupid move.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Clayton just did a little interview with the local yocal radio hosts in Denver..
He says Kirk Cousins is basically Chad Pennington.

I disagree, think he's slightly better than that, but, evidence that even the "experts" disagree as to where to rank a guy like him. Chad Pennington was a solid, successful QB, but never confused with a very good to great one

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Clayton just did a little interview with the local yocal radio hosts in Denver..
He says Kirk Cousins is basically Chad Pennington.

I disagree, think he's slightly better than that, but, evidence that even the "experts" disagree as to where to rank a guy like him. Chad Pennington was a solid, successful QB, but never confused with a very good to great one

I always liked Chad, very intelligent and team oriented guy but unfortunately just lack the arm and talent around him to put him over the top. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ McCarron won his grievance, and is now a UFA. there was trade, done deal with Cleveland at the deadline, could go back there. But, just as with Cousins, they'll be lining up outside his door, so no assurances he CHOOSES to go to Cleveland. I'm wondering if maybe the possibility of a grievance creating a contract year vs having a RFA option is what created the "paperwork not being filed on time" at the deadline? Anyways, IMHO, at a barely used 28 years old, AJ brings everything Cousins does to the tablee, minus the proven experience, and will cost, at minimum, 10 million less. If Cleveland doesn't somehow convince him that money is all that matters, I'd expect him to be a leading candidate in ARZ, and, Denver. He still has a QB of the future vibe about him. Plus, he can be signed pretty much immediately, no need to wait out a dysfunctional organization to see if they'll play "hide the franchise tag" or not

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ McCarron won his grievance, and is now a UFA. there was trade, done deal with Cleveland at the deadline, could go back there. But, just as with Cousins, they'll be lining up outside his door, so no assurances he CHOOSES to go to Cleveland. I'm wondering if maybe the possibility of a grievance creating a contract year vs having a RFA option is what created the "paperwork not being filed on time" at the deadline? Anyways, IMHO, at a barely used 28 years old, AJ brings everything Cousins does to the tablee, minus the proven experience, and will cost, at minimum, 10 million less. If Cleveland doesn't somehow convince him that money is all that matters, I'd expect him to be a leading candidate in ARZ, and, Denver. He still has a QB of the future vibe about him. Plus, he can be signed pretty much immediately, no need to wait out a dysfunctional organization to see if they'll play "hide the franchise tag" or not
Think it’s hard to compare him to cousins just on the opportunities they both had

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it’s hard to compare him to cousins just on the opportunities they both had
I'm talking strictly physical abilities, and, from what I've seen, college, preseason, and the limited opportunities he's had, poise and confidence.

I don't think its a stretch at all, so long as I mention, minus the proven experience. Can he be successful? I dunno, but he's got the tools and the makeup that says he should be. Wouldn't shock me in the slightest if he's better, eventually

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking strictly physical abilities, and, from what I've seen, college, preseason, and the limited opportunities he's had, poise and confidence.

I don't think its a stretch at all, so long as I mention, minus the proven experience. Can he be successful? I dunno, but he's got the tools and the makeup that says he should be. Wouldn't shock me in the slightest if he's better, eventually
i can see that

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what scares me is he hasnt been able to overtake dalton of all ppl, talent wins out
That is an issue..but, its not like Dalton has done anything to lose the job. Maybe he ain't great, but he's good..and we are talking about Cincy here, not much better track record than Cleveland

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an issue..but, its not like Dalton has done anything to lose the job. Maybe he ain't great, but he's good..and we are talking about Cincy here, not much better track record than Cleveland
He’s bottom half of qbs imo that is tellingnto me

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s bottom half of qbs imo that is tellingnto me
The top of the bottom half is still top 16...and, swinging back to the whole "where does Kirk Cousins rank" conversation, to me, from about 12-20, its awfully subjective where they end up. And again..it is the Bungals..they also didn't let Burkhead play, even though he performed better than Gio and Hill when given a chance. So I take the sitting behind Ol Red with a grain of salt.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and let's not glaze over the fact that Dalton is only a few seasons removed from a top 3 QB season, and usually has the Bengals in playoff contention, often times contending for division titles. He may not be sexy, but obviously he's not terrible