• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fales

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they cheered ? You truly are fishing........

Nope sorry,I hate fishing.

But cheering Jay equates to them happy he was leaving the field.... You were there.You know exactly what I'm talking about.:heh:

C

cubzzzfanincali

Oh that reminds me. Cutler wasn't limping at all on the sidelines. So if his injury really is a hamstring, then I don't see why he wouldn't be playing this weekend. Of course, I'm hardly alone in not just buying the Bears line on this, and trying to figure out why they are playing cat-and-mouse with whatever is actually wrong with him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that reminds me. Cutler wasn't limping at all on the sidelines. So if his injury really is a hamstring, then I don't see why he wouldn't be playing this weekend. Of course, I'm hardly alone in not just buying the Bears line on this, and trying to figure out why they are playing cat-and-mouse with whatever is actually wrong with him.

Maybe he's just tough?:noidea:

If it was season-ending, he would not have made the trip to Seattle IMO.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Maybe BD. It's just weird. Other teams have played games with injury reports, but not the Bears, and not usually any team with QBs, and not usually something so obvious. It's kind of bizarre. Be interesting to know whatever the backstory is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a sports book, I would be willing too give you fantastic odds on Fales both being the starter, and then a bet on whether or not he gets in. Barring injury.

I actually think Cutler starts this week though.

If not, I really do hope you're right. I'd like to see what we have in Fales.
If Jay is back then Fales will not play. Chances of Fales starting this week are 50% IMO. Chances of him playing the second half are very good. If Jimmy is not moving the ball Fales will get a shot. This staff will put him in.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never found his way into yesterday's blowout in the 4th. This Sunday the Bears could actually keep it somewhat close with Oakland. Doubt they pull Clausen for an undrafted guy with no experience in a game that they're somewhat within striking distance in.

Would be utterly stunned if he's named the starter. Stunned. Intrigued... but stunned.

Fales was a sixth round pick, you know, this treasure trove we got for Allen and Bostic. The kid this year was an undrafted free agent..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fales was a sixth round pick, you know, this treasure trove we got for Allen and Bostic. The kid this year was an undrafted free agent..
But his competition is fkn Clauson. I would start a hotdog or a bag of chips over Clauson.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jay is back then Fales will not play. Chances of Fales starting this week are 50% IMO. Chances of him playing the second half are very good. If Jimmy is not moving the ball Fales will get a shot. This staff will put him in.

I hope you're right. All I can say. Would be pleasantly surprised, and it would actually make me look forward to Sunday's game.

Well, I look forward to Bears games no matter what... but... ya know. This season doesn't exactly inspire much excitement for me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, got mixed up. My fault.

Look, people say good things about him, cool... In my memory, people have said good things about every young QB we've brought on, like ever. Until they actually got on the field. If you look hard enough, you'll find a quote from somebody that's positive about a young player. They made it onto an NFL camp roster for a reason... they were good in college. So, not hard to find a coach that will say; "yeah, that kid can play". In training camp, coaches always give praise to players in the media. I don't put much stock into it.

I remember how much Martz praised Caleb Hanie during camps. I remember how much the staff loved Craig Krenzel in 04. I even remember in 03 Terry Shea bringing Jonathan Quinn aboard with him from KC, and talking about how much he likes working with him. Backup quarterbacks with no experience are always intriguing, and fans always want to see them play. There's still that; "you never know what we may have in that guy" factor working for him. Sure, you have your rare Tony Romo/Kurt Warner types here and there, that break through once every decade or so. However, 99% of the time, it's not a happy ending to the story.

When I watch clips of him at San Jose State, he looks like a kid that dominated a bad football conference and could REALLY get exposed in the NFL. I mean, keep in mind... these coaches do watch these guys EVERY SINGLE DAY in practice, and evaluate. If he looks like a world beater, he would have probably gotten in vs Seattle.

I'd like to see him get a shot here if Jay is out for another couple weeks. I just don't know if I see it happening. I'm not saying, AT ALL, that it's a guarantee Fales isn't going to be anything. However, I just think it's utter silliness to be confident that he will be. How the hell could you know? He's played against low level D1 competition in college, and then guys who now are mostly unemployed in the NFL during his pre-season starts.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right. All I can say. Would be pleasantly surprised, and it would actually make me look forward to Sunday's game.

Well, I look forward to Bears games no matter what... but... ya know. This season doesn't exactly inspire much excitement for me.
After watching the Seattle game,I can feel your pain.

That game was horrific to watch.
It was like, they knew they were gonna lose, but didn't wanna lose embarrassingly. I said Clausen would only complete 12 passes all day and it ended up being 7.......Sheesh,in the second half, they should have just aired it out.
What more could it have hurt?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMFG!! The complaining, second guessing and god damn speculation is sickening.

He must be an asshole- because LOOK at that facial expression!
He must be injury prone- because LOOK at that injury!
He cost us the game in which we lost 50-13, he threw ONE pick, he didn't tackle the kick returner...etc.
He's NOT a leader- because HE didn't even come out to support his team when he was injured!
It CAN'T be a Hamstring- Just LOOK at how he fell on his shoulder! AND HE'S NOT EVEN LIMPING!!!

Do some of you even realize how asinine this is?
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's probably a duck.

Cutler wasn't the sole reason for either of the losses, but I honestly have no idea how people can still defend cutler. Yeah he gets too much guff from the media, but that comes with being the Bears QB. What I have noticed from Cutler since his days in Denver is that he is the type of quarterback who, at his best, will do just enough to narrowly lose a big game. We could surround him with the best offense and defense in football, and he would still find ways to throw costly picks or commit big turnovers. Yeah, he may not be the only problem or the biggest problem with the Bears this year, but that's because this team is downright pathetic. Cutler isn't the solution to any problems the Bears have either now or in the future, so he's got to go. Personally, I hope he can gift wrap us a number one draft pick before we kick him to the curb.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the Seattle game,I can feel your pain.

That game was horrific to watch.
It was like, they knew they were gonna lose, but didn't wanna lose embarrassingly. I said Clausen would only complete 12 passes all day and it ended up being 7.......Sheesh,in the second half, they should have just aired it out.
What more could it have hurt?

I mean, yeah, it sucked. I honestly was pretty happy in the first half though. I thought that game had the potential for an historical loss. The Bears showed heart on D and hung in there. The refs botched the hell out of that punt call, and it probably should have been 3-3 at half. I mean, at least we had one half of some positives. We hit Wilson, stopped the run, forced three and outs and ran the ball effectively.

I think Cubz answered the question of why we didn't air it out pretty well. There was nobody open, ever. Would have liked to have seen more play action when the run was working. Maybe open up a shot or two deep. That's for sure.

C

cubzzzfanincali

This still perplexes me. I re-watched the game a couple hours ago, I simply don't understand why they didn't run more play action. Not only because of all the running, but we used heavy personnel groups galore. When there's no space, you have to make some.

So my current batshit crazy conspiracy theory is that the coaching staff basically figured we were going to lose anyway, they didn't want to show a lot of play action on film, and one of these games it is gonna be SURPRISE and we are going to unload a barrage of it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater was taken 22nd overall, Carr (who looks better and better every day) 36th, Flacco 18th, Cutler (!) 11th, Roethlisberger 11th, Brees 32nd, Hasselbeck 187th, Rodgers 24th, Brett Favre 33rd, Jim Kelly 14th, Dan Marino 27th, Joe Montana 82nd, Dan Fouts 64th, Lynn Dickey 64th, Ken Anderson 67th,

To say nothing of some of the great undrafteds. Steve Young anyone? Bernie Kosar? Joe Namath?

Looking back at NFL Draft history, there really are only a few things that clearly can be said and that actually play out:

1) quarterback is the position most likely to strike out, so it must be drafted often.
2) while great QBs do tend to come from higher rounds, there certainly is no guarantee of that, both in terms of 1st rounders that failed and later guys that succeed.
3) In no way, shape, or form is the only place a good QB comes from the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. Sure, some great ones have been 1s or 2s, but so have other guys.

This being said, it is possible that the Bears are on track towards a high pick this year. There are worse outcomes for 2015, that's for sure.

2015 was always a development year. Nobody around here thought this was a playoff team, so who gives a shit? The only offensive player whose development really matters this year - Kevin White - is already on the shelf for a good chunk of the year, so that makes no difference. The main thing to watch is how, and if, the defense matures. That hasn't been changed by coming out with the 0-2 start we all saw coming.

Geezus. Do you say anything that's not egregiously obvious? Do you offer anything of value in this forum?

Who here thought drafting QBs high is a "guarantee"?
Who here thought all great QBs came from high draft picks?
Who here thought in every "shape and form" good QBs come only from the 1st and 2nd picks?

My lord talk about Captain Obvious. Absolutely nothing compelling here, move along.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cool that none believe but me. I stand by it. Fales will be our starting QB and be the reason we don't spend our first pick next year at QB. Get ready too learn. Jump on the wagon when you get comfortable, no hurry.

I'll be the judge of that. No one on this planet does a better job of evaluating QBs than right here. I'm sure everyone agrees based on my history. If you boys are lucky i may post my thoughts on him.

Boy is Clausen terrible though. Don't tell Captain Obvious Cubzzzfanincali though. He wants a play for play dissertation proving why Clausen is terrible because he doesn't understand why.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This still perplexes me. I re-watched the game a couple hours ago, I simply don't understand why they didn't run more play action. Not only because of all the running, but we used heavy personnel groups galore. When there's no space, you have to make some.

So my current batshit crazy conspiracy theory is that the coaching staff basically figured we were going to lose anyway, they didn't want to show a lot of play action on film, and one of these games it is gonna be SURPRISE and we are going to unload a barrage of it.

LOL. you are truly a fool.

These are professional coaches you dolt. And they are trying to win every game. Using playaction wouldn't have worked anyway bc Clausen is simply too horrendous. Man, you say the dumbest things.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Cutler injury, I think you guys all vastly overestimate how much a guy should be limping with a leg/hamstring injury. I walked perfectly normal the evening of my two knee surgeries when I was younger and in great shape. I've had bad sprained ankles, groin and hamstring injuries. You can usually walk just fine, and appear 100% normal doing so (the ankle possibly not, depending on the severity. It's not until you try to run, jump, accelerate, plant, push, etc... Where you are limited.

What I'm saying is. You could have a severe hamstring injury and be perfectly fine to function in everyday life situations. Aka... walking up and down a football sideline with no pain. Does not mean he did not hurt his hamstring.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BsGenius

Can you deny or confirm that your original SportsHoopla account was banned and that you are or are not currently using an Alternate Account?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Cutler injury, I think you guys all vastly overestimate how much a guy should be limping with a leg/hamstring injury. I walked perfectly normal the evening of my two knee surgeries when I was younger and in great shape. I've had bad sprained ankles, groin and hamstring injuries. You can usually walk just fine, and appear 100% normal doing so (the ankle possibly not, depending on the severity. It's not until you try to run, jump, accelerate, plant, push, etc... Where you are limited.

What I'm saying is. You could have a severe hamstring injury and be perfectly fine to function in everyday life situations. Aka... walking up and down a football sideline with no pain. Does not mean he did not hurt his hamstring.
Jordy Nelson walked just fine after his knee injury